6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: 6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Funny how it opens the door for Basteraud to come back in.

Why on earth would there be a curfew in the first place?
Where is Basteraud going to play tho', there's a lot of vacancies in the French team it would appear.
No doubt the list of meanderers will be shortened and the guilty few (ie malcontents) dumped.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

France doing their bit for the moral highground........by bringing in Basteraud....ok.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Official version is theyre all dropped for staying out late. Whole team went out. If its agreed in advance its there and they have to deal with it. Maybe partying after a defeat isnt the best image

I "No fight if we believe the version that was reported to the clubs of both players:
1. Geoffrey Palis hit a lamppost against which he would have opened the brow bone.
2. Arthur Iturria broke his nose and opened his lip while jumping on his bed." https://t.co/Jbd0dkP2eV

Now read Basterauds inclusion again
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/france- ... behaviour/
Ros Bif · London, United Kingdom
John Maguire I'm sorry to say that's not the case. Players are back with their clubs now. They meet up again on Friday in Aix-en-Provence to prep Italy game (in Marseille). At least they won't be playing Top14 this weekend (as they have done in past 6Ns). What's misleading in PR's article is that FFR/Brunel doesn't really pick/drop players. They ask to borrow them and sign insurance/indemnities/$$s of compensation for the period they have them. Club owners can (and often do) say No. Brunel was riding a mini-popularity wave since he agreed to spread the load across Top 14 clubs, and restricted himself formally to not picking too many players from the same club (thereby appeasing Club owners but also not benefitting from any club combinations on which to build his team!). Now the 6Ns is a lost cause, he's finding it hard even to keep some of his important players. Hence, Lamerat, Iturria (and Lapandry) were called back by Clermont in exchange for Grosso (one of their weaker players) whether he liked it or not. Fickou gets picked because Toulouse was seen to be advantaged relative to other clubs (despite losing Dupont to injury for the whole season). RCT wanted Belleau and Bonneval back, so offered FTD and Basta in exchange. They also didn't want to lose two 2nd rows, so Brunel was allowed to pick either Romain Taofifenua or Swann Rebbadj, but not both. MontPol gets Picamoles back, in return for Galetier. R92 gets Thomas back in return for Chat and Le Roux. etc etc. Hardly the position of Schmidt, Gatland, EJ, Townsend or even O'Shea.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I find it hard to believe that the French would be in such disarray.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote:

....Bastareaud?
Thought you were having a pop at my spelling there but the penny dropped eventually :lol:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It I actually thought you were posting a rhetotical recursive question in the first place! It is funny that he is the answer to the question he himself posed.

I'm not sure it's that surprising France is in disarray though...
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I find it hard to believe that the French would be in such disarray.
The clubs seem well organized tbh.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

After the talk lately of some big spreads offered by the bookies, PP had a spread of 17 today for France Italy!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

England are 7 points favs for the Calcutta Cup Game on Sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Some performance from Scotland so far. Jose Mourinho's boys don't look like they know what hit them.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Scotland look like the team they were threatening to be before Cardiff

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Twist wrote:Scotland look like the team they were threatening to be before Cardiff

a team whi concedes points out vs that back 3. worrying
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Twist wrote:Scotland look like the team they were threatening to be before Cardiff
Can they do it away from home though? Thats been their problem.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

We're on 14 points, England are on 9, Scotland on 8. We're +24 points difference. If we get a bonus point win next week and England don't, then it's all over bar the grand slam opportunity. Our better points difference also gives us a huge cushion.

It's only just sinking in, but ... We're not far off winning the thing now! f%~king hell.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:We're on 14 points, England are on 9, Scotland on 8. We're +24 points difference. If we get a bonus point win next week and England don't, then it's all over bar the grand slam opportunity. Our better points difference also gives us a huge cushion.

It's only just sinking in, but ... We're not far off winning the thing now! f%~king hell.
One match at a time sweet Jesus.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

CiaranIrl wrote:We're on 14 points, England are on 9, Scotland on 8. We're +24 points difference. If we get a bonus point win next week and England don't, then it's all over bar the grand slam opportunity. Our better points difference also gives us a huge cushion.

Jesus I wouldn't be thinking about bonus point wins with Scotland coming to town. We're leaking tries like a sieve!

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

English team undone at the breakdown by Pro14 ref!
It's the Champs cup all over again.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I have to be honest, this is quite possibly the worst highlights package I've ever seen. From the tournament's official site. Generally, the Pro14, European Cup and 6 Nations have bang average media videos and stuff, but even from an already low standard, this is absolutely dreadful. Fans of this great tournament should not be subjected to this appalling level of half-arsed nonsense. Every single person associated should be fired immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Huw Jones' second try is just him dotting the ball down.

I've never seen such a rubbish effort from any sports organisation before. They already make it extremely difficult to access their games if you miss them live. Due to the selling of rights. The official website should have far better packages available to those who miss a game live. There are people relying on highlights because the games are on at a bad time where they live.

Morons.

https://youtu.be/jV2Ny718PZg
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

[quote="Oldschool"
One match at a time sweet Jesus.[/quote]
Twist wrote: Jesus I wouldn't be thinking about bonus point wins with Scotland coming to town. We're leaking tries like a sieve!
Scotland is the next game. And I may be sweet, but I'm no Jesus.

I don't think we'll get a bonus point win. I'm just saying it's possible to win the thing with a game to spare, which is crazy.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”