6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: 6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote:English team undone at the breakdown by Pro14 ref!
It's the Champs cup all over again.
to be fair Nigel was absolutely shite yesterday again - totally arbitrary in some of his decisions. I really hope we don't have to suffer him reffing us again
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I think Nig was laissez faire with both sides

If England dont better our match result round 4 its all over bar the shouting. If we better theirs we're champions

There was very little scary in that Scottish performance. Russell melted in second half, they lack carriers up front, English discipline was fatal, when England held their shape they killed them, Scottish scores came off very very high risk passes.

Scotlands 100% best is maybe 85% of our best. Only worry I have is they will target us out wide
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

suisse wrote:I have to be honest, this is quite possibly the worst highlights package I've ever seen. From the tournament's official site. Generally, the Pro14, European Cup and 6 Nations have bang average media videos and stuff, but even from an already low standard, this is absolutely dreadful. Fans of this great tournament should not be subjected to this appalling level of half-arsed nonsense. Every single person associated should be fired immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Huw Jones' second try is just him dotting the ball down.

I've never seen such a rubbish effort from any sports organisation before. They already make it extremely difficult to access their games if you miss them live. Due to the selling of rights. The official website should have far better packages available to those who miss a game live. There are people relying on highlights because the games are on at a bad time where they live.

Morons.

https://youtu.be/jV2Ny718PZg
Maybe they're getting paid a lot more from the broadcasters not to have extensive highlights packages on youtube? Not having them there has prompted me this morning to download the STV player app (I'm in Scotland). Surely TV3 have provided something?
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

Twist wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:We're on 14 points, England are on 9, Scotland on 8. We're +24 points difference. If we get a bonus point win next week and England don't, then it's all over bar the grand slam opportunity. Our better points difference also gives us a huge cushion.

It's only just sinking in, but ... We're not far off winning the thing now! f%~king hell.
Jesus I wouldn't be thinking about bonus point wins with Scotland coming to town. We're leaking tries like a sieve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that not more reason to be thinking we need a BP surely if we've a leaky defence and conceding 3 tries we'll need 4 to win it? Especially if Johnny has another off day with the boot (as unlikely as that is).
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
to be fair Nigel was absolutely shite yesterday again - totally arbitrary in some of his decisions. I really hope we don't have to suffer him reffing us again
Calling it back for a peno off that the intercept was fairly shocking I thought. It was a peno fair enough but if he'd signalled advantage that would have been one thing. It's like he's determined to call as few penos as possible. Scotland fans would have been angry had it been allowed to stand. he ends up making no one happy.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Russells pass for the Huw Jones break is brilliant. Done live I thought this was a bit mad but it looks like some video analysis was done. Watch Huw Jones, he knows exactly where the ball is going.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/sta ... 0656561152
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

paddyor wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Calling it back for a peno off that the intercept was fairly shocking I thought. It was a peno fair enough but if he'd signalled advantage that would have been one thing. It's like he's determined to call as few penos as possible. Scotland fans would have been angry had it been allowed to stand. he ends up making no one happy.
Absolutely- this is what is so infuriating about Nigel. He waits to see the result of an infringement before he decides if he's going to penalise it which makes him appear so inconsistent. He's too busy trying to manage the spectacle rather than simply apply the laws of the game.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

jimbobjoe wrote:
suisse wrote:I have to be honest, this is quite possibly the worst highlights package I've ever seen. From the tournament's official site. Generally, the Pro14, European Cup and 6 Nations have bang average media videos and stuff, but even from an already low standard, this is absolutely dreadful. Fans of this great tournament should not be subjected to this appalling level of half-arsed nonsense. Every single person associated should be fired immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Huw Jones' second try is just him dotting the ball down.

I've never seen such a rubbish effort from any sports organisation before. They already make it extremely difficult to access their games if you miss them live. Due to the selling of rights. The official website should have far better packages available to those who miss a game live. There are people relying on highlights because the games are on at a bad time where they live.

Morons.

https://youtu.be/jV2Ny718PZg
Maybe they're getting paid a lot more from the broadcasters not to have extensive highlights packages on youtube? Not having them there has prompted me this morning to download the STV player app (I'm in Scotland). Surely TV3 have provided something?
https://rugbylist.blogspot.ie/p/240218- ... wales.html
I think this is the SKY or BT version. Anyways, it has Gorgeous Gordon Darcy and wee Shane Williams on co-comms.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

https://streamable.com/3upbe

Now that's a highlight reel.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

paddyor wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
It's a fine line though. If every ref put his arm up for every pen-worthy infringement, there'd be nothing to watch. I do think Owens lets things go too much, but I understand where he comes from. For a long time he was the only ref who let a game flow, when the others whistled. Now the others whistle less, he seems to feel the need to do so even less and less.

Right now Angus Gardner seems to have it about right, and certainly communicates with the players very well.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ryan Wilson cited for gouging, would be a huge loss for Scotland
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:Ryan Wilson cited for gouging, would be a huge loss for Scotland
Anything for Hughes?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Ryan Wilson cited for gouging, would be a huge loss for Scotland
Anything for Hughes?
Doesnt appear to be
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Cubby to make his Wales debut.

Congrats SOK!! :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

OTT wrote:Cubby to make his Wales debut.

Congrats SOK!! :lol:
Wait, what?
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Has Alun Wyn been rested or is he injured?
Four Stars
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Wales: L Williams, North, Watkin, Parkes, S Evans; Anscombe, G Davies; Smith, Dee, Francis, Hill, B Davies, Tipuric, J Davies, Faletau (c).

Owens, R Evans, Lee, S Davies, Jenkins, A Davies, Patchell, Halfpenny.

England: 15 Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby 31 caps), 14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers 32 caps), 13 Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors 11 caps), 12 Owen Farrell (Saracens 56 caps) C, 11 Elliot Daly (Wasps 16 caps), 10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers 43 caps), 9 Danny Care (Harlequins 79 caps), 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens 47 caps) VC, 2 Jamie George (Saracens 23 caps), 3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers 80 caps), 4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps 50 caps), 5 Maro Itoje (Saracens 17 caps), 6 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints 64 caps), 7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins 62 caps), 8 Nathan Hughes (Wasps 13 caps).

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs 4 caps), 17 Joe Marler (Harlequins 54 caps), 18 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins 8 caps), 19 James Haskell (Wasps 75 caps), 20 Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs 5 caps), 21 Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens 29 caps), 22 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby 38 caps), 23 Mike Brown (Harlequins 67 caps).

France: 15 Hugo Bonneval, 14 Benjamin Fall, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Geoffrey Doumayrou, 11 Rémy Grosso, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 8 Marco Tauleigne, 7 Yacouba Camara, 6 Wenceslas Lauret, 5 Sébastien Vahaamahina, 4 Paul Gabrillagues, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhelm Guirado (c), 1 Jefferson Poirot

16 Adrien Pelissié, 17 Dany Priso, 18 Cedate Gomes Sa, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Kélian Galletier, 21 Baptiste Couilloud, 22 Lionel Beauxis, 23 Gaël Fickou
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Lawes playing 6 again?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Yep, Haskell & Simmons on the bench! Brown dropped and Farrell captain