6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: 6 Nations 2018 - Other teams

Post by Ruckedtobits »

hugonaut wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Noves is, according to my admittedly rusty french, suing the FFR because shambles
I read that the FFR are suing him [and his assistants].
This one could could develop into a French music-hall farce with simultaneous openings in Paris, the West End and on Broadway.

That way L'Equipe tell it, the FFR are considering action against Noves and his fellow Coaches Bru and Dubois for 'alleged misconduct' thought to refer to indiscipline of French players on the Tour to SA in the summer.

On the other hand Midi Olympique are saying that Noves and his Assistants are suing the FFR for payment of the total of €4.5m outstanding on their contracts.

Given that the FFR is a State-funded organisation, we can expect this to be debated in the mainstream media and possibly the Assemble before long. Already, there are rumours in some blogs that the misconduct may include some involvement with the fairer sex. The story certainly has all the required engredients for a long run.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

So there's definitely going to be a court case between Laporte and Noves. Apparently Azema and Collazo have told Brunel they won't work with and also had a go at Laporte for the treatment of Noves. Galthie is backing away now too. Omnishambles.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Eddie Jones has laid out his English Squad for 6N Training Camp:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/42511871

At a quick glance Bath players look like they are in demand but Exeter lads have suffered for double defeat by Leinster.
Take another glance - it looks like there's a bit of politics going on. He selected Gary Graham - 3 appearances for the Newcastle Falcons and until this season was playing for Jersey (aged 25 - so not an up and coming new star). But has been capped by Scotland at U20 - so looks a little like a response to the claim that other countries were nabbing their academy players.

To put it in context Don Armand didn't make the squad
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I only saw this now. So France are playing Italy in Marseille. I thought rules stated games had to be played in capital cities hence Italy are stuck down in Rome instead of using Milan? Given French rugby is predominately played in the south of the country and Italian rugby in the north, it would make sense if they were allowed to move their games around, even just against each other.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... x-nations/

Joe Marler got a red card yesterday. Video in link above.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

suisse wrote:I only saw this now. So France are playing Italy in Marseille. I thought rules stated games had to be played in capital cities hence Italy are stuck down in Rome instead of using Milan? Given French rugby is predominately played in the south of the country and Italian rugby in the north, it would make sense if they were allowed to move their games around, even just against each other.
I didn't know there where rules about where games were played except for where has biggest capacity/ generates most money etc?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IanD wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... x-nations/

Joe Marler got a red card yesterday. Video in link above.
Cheap shot to the head, had to go

Which will win out, his bad record or being an England player?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ian McKinley has been named in Italy's Six Nations squad
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Marler gets six weeks, even with wearing decent pants, includes week added on for poor record

Will be back for Englands 3 hardest games mind
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Vunipola out for 1o weeks with a fractured arm. Probably miss the 6 nations. He's had no luck at all. Missed most of last seasons 6N, missed the Lions, missed the AIs, only back a few weeks and now out again. Is his playing style catching up with him?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:Vunipola out for 1o weeks with a fractured arm. Probably miss the 6 nations. He's had no luck at all. Missed most of last seasons 6N, missed the Lions, missed the AIs, only back a few weeks and now out again. Is his playing style catching up with him?
Heaslip and Faletau out too. Picamoles a ghost for Montpellier. Id be nervous if I was Parisse
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

paddyor wrote:Vunipola out for 1o weeks with a fractured arm. Probably miss the 6 nations. He's had no luck at all. Missed most of last seasons 6N, missed the Lions, missed the AIs, only back a few weeks and now out again. Is his playing style catching up with him?
Feel sorry for him, he's an amazing player but has had no luck over the last 11-12 months. I heard him on the radio over Christmas, he was in with the BBC for an hour or more and he came across as a really decent and thoughtful guy.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

His brother sounds like an extra from Stella, but he has lost his Welsh accent!
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

paddyor wrote:Image
Strauss told F-off?
Didnt realise Fagerson was out for the comp. Big loss.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Welsh Squad:

Backs: Liam Williams, Leigh Halfpenny; George North, Steff Evans, Alex Cuthbert, Hallam Amos, Josh Adams; Scott Williams, Owen Williams, Owen Watkin, Hadleigh Parkes; Rhys Priestland, Rhys Patchell, Dan Biggar, Gareth Anscombe; Rhys Webb, Gareth Davies, Aled Davies.

Forwards: Rob Evans, Wyn Jones, Nicky Smith; Scott Baldwin, Elliot Dee, Ken Owens; Tomas Francis, Samson Lee, Dillon Lewis; Adam Beard, Bradley Davies, Seb Davies, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones (C); James Davies, Taulupe Faletau, Ellis Jenkins, Ross Moriarty, Josh Navidi, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric.

Call ups for James Davies and Josh Adams.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Not sure if hes injured but I think Strauss effing off to Sale wasnt well received

Theyre down to the bare bones in the front row. Hogg is not fit yet either and hed be another huge loss

So weak front row, good starting locks, pugnacious backrow but lacking bruising carriers like pack in general.
Relying on Laidlaw still would give me the heebie jeebies
Zero depth to backline
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Peg Leg wrote:
paddyor wrote:Image
rson was out for the comp. Big loss.
Apparently so. No Visser either.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Rob Evans (Scarlets) (20 Caps)
Wyn Jones (Scarlets (5 Caps)
Ken Owens (Scarlets) (52 Caps)
Samson Lee (Scarlets) (34 Caps)
James Davies (Scarlets) (*Uncapped)
Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (13 Caps)

Backs (18):
Aled Davies (Scarlets) (5 Caps)
Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (27 Caps)
Rhys Patchell (Scarlets) (5 Caps)
Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (1 Cap)
Scott Williams (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
Steff Evans (Scarlets) (5 Caps)
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (74 Caps)

Suspect they'll get a significant number back by the weekends in question
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

neill_m wrote:Welsh Squad:

Backs: Liam Williams, Leigh Halfpenny; George North, Steff Evans, Alex Cuthbert, Hallam Amos, Josh Adams; Scott Williams, Owen Williams, Owen Watkin, Hadleigh Parkes; Rhys Priestland, Rhys Patchell, Dan Biggar, Gareth Anscombe; Rhys Webb, Gareth Davies, Aled Davies.

Forwards: Rob Evans, Wyn Jones, Nicky Smith; Scott Baldwin, Elliot Dee, Ken Owens; Tomas Francis, Samson Lee, Dillon Lewis; Adam Beard, Bradley Davies, Seb Davies, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones (C); James Davies, Taulupe Faletau, Ellis Jenkins, Ross Moriarty, Josh Navidi, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric.

Call ups for James Davies and Josh Adams.
Is Jamie Roberts a victim of Gatland's Law, out of favour, or out due to the hit from Haskell?