Ireland 6 Nations 2018

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Lar
Mullet

Re: Ireland 6 Nations 2018

Post by Lar »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:What a place to be for Irish rugby. One of the highest paid players in world rugby is dropped from the national squad and our biggest concern is, why the coach tell the public something better.

Fact is, we don't need to know. Zebo does though and im sure he knows well why he was excluded from the squad.
Yeah injury wise we are doing pretty well, especially compared to the other teams
Are we? Heaslip, O'Brien, Ruddock, O'Donnell, Payne, Ringrose, Gilroy, Marshall immediately spring to mind although admittedly one or two of those may make the latter games in the 6N. That's four back row players and three centres. We are just blessed to have such depth in these positions.

You may be right we are better off than others, Wales especially.
Four Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Lar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:What a place to be for Irish rugby. One of the highest paid players in world rugby is dropped from the national squad and our biggest concern is, why the coach tell the public something better.

Fact is, we don't need to know. Zebo does though and im sure he knows well why he was excluded from the squad.
Yeah injury wise we are doing pretty well, especially compared to the other teams
Are we? Heaslip, O'Brien, Ruddock, O'Donnell, Payne, Ringrose, Gilroy, Marshall immediately spring to mind although admittedly one or two of those may make the latter games in the 6N. That's four back row players and three centres. We are just blessed to have such depth in these positions.

Bang on Lar, add Jackson, Tracey, Olding, Zebo :wink:. We have plenty to complain about.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Lar wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

We are doing better than everyone bar maybe France but new coach, hard to tell

IMO bar SOB and maybe Payne (if he was going to be fullback) we have no drop off in quality. To dig upwards Id almost count Payne as retired now.

Everyone being fit Ruddock doesnt make the 23 based on last Autumn, same with Treacy and TOD. Gilroy, Olding, and Marshall make the tea at best.

Arguably non injury reasons are affecting us more than anyone else but thats just Zebo and Jackson
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Jackson would obviously be on the bench but I'm not sure the turnover king would be, let all be starting.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

bamboozle wrote:Very well put. Living abroad my main rugby feed has been through 2nd captains and OTB, unfortunately for different reasons i'm finding them hard to take these days. Joe Molloy is rubbish on OTB, when Zebo didnt make the AIs they ran that storyline hysterically and did it again the other night with Wood and Toland.
Dont mind Joe Molloy, its Dave McIntyre that does my head in. He's far too happy focusing on the negative over the positive. I suppose thats the same for OTB in general. Too many of them seem to value their opinions over those of actual rugby pundits.

The Hard Yards (Joe.ie) podcast and the Left Wing (Lukes podcast) podcast are not too bad. You should add them to your listening lists, or at least give them a bash. Flats and Shanks is a fun listen but they are very much focused on the UK.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Logorrhea wrote:
its Dave McIntyre that does my head in.....
f%~k me - that guy is incapable of asking a question that is less than 5 mins long - with about 10 verbal semi-colons in it. I'm amazed nobody asks him to repeat the question - only this time with a question included.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you