Jamie Heaslip

Re: Summer tour to Australia

Post by ronk »

Wow.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Brilliant defensive effort, feel we got the rub of the calls mind. Folau incident not even a penalty for me and should have been penalty the other way round near the end. Then again maybe could have had penalty try for Murray going for the post.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Delighted with that. If anyone has a link to game could they post it? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

fourthirtythree wrote:Thoroughly enjoying the Ozzie boos! They have been pretty lucky with their deliberate knock ons thought the series (plus Folau targeting the man rather than the ball in the air to make up for being out thought in the last test).
Seemed to me that he was trying to grab Kearney's arse in the air. Lucky to get away with a yellow for that. Could have gone straight to hell.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Leinsterimp wrote:Brilliant defensive effort, feel we got the rub of the calls mind. Folau incident not even a penalty for me and should have been penalty the other way round near the end. Then again maybe could have had penalty try for Murray going for the post.
Are you serious?

Penalty try not given when an offside player prevented Murray touching down against the post

No penalty try or yellow when they dragged down a maul going over the line (imagine what Cian Healy thought of that)

Penalty given to Australia on our advantage

That's just off the top of my head. They were infringing constantly on their line (again) and Pocock was winning pens while playing the ball on his knees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Summer tour to Australia

Post by Twist »

There was a side view of the O'Mahony incident that showed it quite clearly. His momentum was straight up until Folau tugged him backwards which caused him to flip over. There was nothing Stander could do.

If Folau had had both his hands raised to collect the ball it couldn't have happened. It was filthy. Can't believe the debate around this

Edit; spelling correction

Last edited by Twist on June 23rd, 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

CiaranIrl wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Thoroughly enjoying the Ozzie boos! They have been pretty lucky with their deliberate knock ons thought the series (plus Folau targeting the man rather than the ball in the air to make up for being out thought in the last test).
Seemed to me that he was trying to grab Kearney's arse in the air. Lucky to get away with a yellow for that. Could have gone straight to hell.
:lol:
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

CiaranIrl wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Very quick post series analysis.
Murray's passing is killing us in attack.
In balance I think he's played too much rugby and opposition teams try to pressureize him as much as possible. Joe needs to put some trust in the backup before it's too late.
Just look at the evidence.
Look at the number of times his pass from the breakdown is into the face of the receiver.
Larmour did today exactly what you want to see, steady improvement in a real testing environment.
J10 was partially to blame for their try.
He moved in instead of straight.
The defensive line moved in with him and it was a try from then on unless they mucked up.
Otherwise J10 is still the man but yeah I don't want him to be captain.
CJ really lifted it today, loved his comment in the post match when asked about the spectators.
"We're used to playing in front of big crowds" telling it as it is.
He's going native too, the accent is starting to change, Joey will be next.
Man of the Series has to be James Ryan.
Bit disappointed with the ref.
Last week Oz got a peno try and CH got a YC, ref wasn't anywhere near as generous this week.
Finally the TMO deserves special mention.
Watching the replay of Stockdale's not intercept knock on over and over again was like as if he was hoping that if he watched it long enough something would change.
He should know that when Jacob attempts an intercept he scores a try. Plonker.
To all the players who read any of this stuff, Enjoy Your Break you've earned it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Hippo wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thought he wasn't supposed to be into that sort of thing.
Think he's even gone public about it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

While not every homophobe is in deep denial, it really is surprising how commonly the zealots are caught cottaging...
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Conan had 20 tackles, none missed. Seemed to be a good partnership with Stander.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Twist wrote:There was a side view of the O'Mahony incident that showed it quite clearly. His momentum was straight up until Folau tugged him backwards which caused him to flip over. There was nothing Stander could do.

If Folau had had both his hands raised to collect the ball it couldn't have happened. It was filthy. Can't believe the debate around this

Totally agree on the rubbish that is the ‘Stander supporting’ red herring. Falou deliberately played the man when the ball wasn’t available twice. The first time was borderline-maybe. But the idea that the lifter is responsible when the man gets hit by an opponent is ridiculous.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:Conan had 20 tackles, none missed. Seemed to be a good partnership with Stander.
That's been updated to 16. It was hard at times to tell the difference between him and Scannell.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Twist wrote:There was a side view of the O'Mahony incident that showed it quite clearly. His momentum was straight up until Folau tugged him backwards which caused him to flip over. There was nothing Stander could do.

Thought it was a bad lift from Stander tbh, but the main culprit was Folau.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Didn't think we'd win that one until after the final whistle had blown.

Huge accomplishment for Joe Schmidt and his team – a new cap in Tadhg Beirne [who did well this morning]; a good few players given really significant experience [Larmour, Carberry, Scannell, Herring]; a demonstration of the ability to withstand a hefty injury count [Cronin, Henderson, Leavy, Ringrose, Conway all ruled out of contention for the last test], and a level of performance and self confidence that allowed us to win multiple games away from the home against one of the southern hemisphere giants.

I don't really go in for markings, but if I did ... it'd be a 9.5/10. The only negative came for me in the coach's distrust of our back-up scrum-halves. The world cup has been really harsh on us in the past and it seems like a hostage to fortune.

It's been a teak-tough series played against a talented, well-coached team in front of noisy and full stadia. A lot of the refereeing has been really questionable, especially with what constitutes yellow card and penalty try offences, but we have got over it and come out in credit.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The other scrumhalves are all moving ahead at provincial level, they’ll be ready. Injuries and time pressure probably contributed to others not getting a chance.

Marmion passes well and is up tempo. He’ll play a different game but be good at it. None of the chasing scrumhalves are similar to Murray.

It was the same with Kearney, the 2 best alternatives are gone. Rebuilding depth will take time, but that doesn’t mean championship minutes.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

NEither of the other options are as good as Murray and it's not close. If Murray gets injured we use one of the other options and they're not as good as Murray. Maybe Sexton does more of the decisionmaking. One of the draw backs of having a great player is that the replacement isn't as good. Murray has proven time and again he can go 80+ like in Paris this year and it was needed too.

Will an extra 20 mins of test rugby make them better players? Cooney improved at Ulster by playing regularly(maybe Peel had something to do with it?). Maybe thats the message. Go back to your clubs and get better.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

paddyor wrote:

Thought it was a bad lift from Stander tbh, but the main culprit was Folau.
I wouldn't say it was a bad lift given that it was a single lift, very difficult thing to get right even if they'd been unchallenged. I think it's something world rugby need to look at tbh, not sure players should be lifted in open play. It'd be a shame, but might be for the best.

Jus thinking, I wonder if it's ever been used in an attacking sense. Probably impossible to set it up but maybe if you had advantage on the line and could get a jumper and lifter on the line you might have a chance of it working.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Larmour's best performance in green - Beirne looked the part as well.