Summer tour to Australia

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

RAILWAY1
Learner

Re: Summer tour to Australia

Post by RAILWAY1 »

I would not be too worried about our so called unbalanced back row for the third test, we need three players who will frustrate Australia all day long at the breakdown and set pieces and who wont take a backward step when the going gets tough. The numbers on the shirts are just there for the journalists and referees to know who is doing what, the guys wearing them know what is required :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Summer tour to Australia

Post by artaneboy »

Cronin out with hamstring; Scannell to start.

Not a lucky tour for Sean. Best of luck to Niall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

https://twitter.com/gerrythornley/statu ... 75072?s=08

Bus delayed by 30 minutes apparently.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

How is that kickoff okay?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ronk wrote:How is that kickoff okay?
And again. Someone will die sooner or later if the game doesnt address this.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Stockdale's fend gets knocked with is why the contact with elbow. That was an accident.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thought the first one was a good contest, second one from the restart did look bad but haven't seen a replay to say for sure.

We're getting isolated a lot which is pretty stupid given our lack of an openside.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:Stockdale's fend gets knocked with is why the contact with elbow. That was an accident.
Yellow was fair IMO. Bit unlucky because he just went to brace himself but I've no issue with it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Whoever is doing the Balls.ie twitter this morning has never watched a game of rugby on sky before!
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

3 times and the TMO finally intervenes because the ref wont. This is a disgrace.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It was deliberate, he pulls him down from height and takes the lifter. That should be red
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think you're going OTT there ronk. That wasn't that bad, yellow was fair for me, and the only dodgy call was potentially missing the similar incident after the first restart but as I said above I'd need to see a replay to see if it was okay.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Really poor attack there, Folau in the bin and we keep it tight yet again when there must have been loads of space out wide
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Think you're going OTT there ronk. That wasn't that bad, yellow was fair for me, and the only dodgy call was potentially missing the similar incident after the first restart but as I said above I'd need to see a replay to see if it was okay.
Yeah POM was minced by Folau in 3 restarts. Fair play to him for going up each time, and lasting to 30 mins. I thought the 1st one was fair, but 2nd and 3rd looked like penalties, but they didn't show a replay of the 2nd.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Our maul defence is one of the big work ons for next season.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

If it happens 3 times in a row theres no doubt that it's a tactic. It's intentionally dangerous.

He made sure of it which shows his primary aim was to take out the jumper. What more does he need to do to get a red?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:If it happens 3 times in a row theres no doubt that it's a tactic. It's intentionally dangerous.

He made sure of it which shows his primary aim was to take out the jumper. What more does he need to do to get a red?
The first one was a good contest...you're ignoring that.

His primary aim is to get the ball just like he did earlier. It was hardly a brutal hit in the air for his card, he's even a bit unlucky that POM lands on his back to make it a card. Murray Kinsella on twitter doesn't even think it was a yellow although I do disagree with that all things considered.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Folau was binned cos POM got injured. You see the same contests so often. POM seemed to crash to the floor on every restart. Where's the jumper protection?

Very hard watching Ireland sometimes. We're dominating possession and territory again but we have zero execution close to the line. A 3 point lead is an unsatisfactory return for dominance of this nature. And cos we concede so many, Aus know they're always in this game. After 200 mins so far, it is f%~king crazy to think we're 5-2 down on the try count despite being a much better team overall. We're not clinical enough.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Funniest moment of the match far. Jonny to the referee “I know you hate me.....but you have to talk to me now I’m the captain” :lol:
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Copped that! Think it had the desired effect too!