Scotland vs Ireland, Sat 9th Feb 14.15

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

thecomedian
Beginner

Scotland vs Ireland, Sat 9th Feb 14.15

Post by thecomedian »

Very happy with the result, take it all day long!
The performance wasn’t pretty, but we took our few opportunities but I felt once we got ahead we we tightened everything up.
SOB was my man of the match, when he’s fully fit he’s a level ahead of our other backrows.
As others said there’s something not right with Murray, that back isn’t right. He’s being playing long enough to be match fit and sharp.
Mixed bag from Joey but he got better as it went on and made the try and a few other nice passes and solid kicking.
Cooney should have being on earlier.

Edit just to say Kearney is some man to step up.
Last edited by thecomedian on February 9th, 2019, 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IanD
Official Mascot

Re: Scotland vs Ireland, Sat 9th Feb 14.15

Post by IanD »

Laidlaw will surely be in hot water for his BBC interview.

Paraphrasing but you can't say the ref doesn't like us.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Poite refs Clermont in France.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Todays man of the match averaged 0.00077 cm per carry and made fewer whilst missing more tackles than the rest of the back row.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

dp
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

What was with all the booing? Even during O’Mahoney’s interview, no need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dave Cahill wrote:Todays man of the match averaged 0.00077 cm per carry and made fewer whilst missing more tackles than the rest of the back row.
Wil be interested to see corrected stats for Conan's carries. He wasn't high profile but made a lot of tackles and his carries were smart with feet moving.

That was my only complain with SO'B, his feet were in slow motion all the first half. OTOH, he put in a very good shift and walked off the pitch unaided. Job done
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Dave Cahill wrote:Todays man of the match averaged 0.00077 cm per carry and made fewer whilst missing more tackles than the rest of the back row.
Thats as may - but he did play for a few minutes with one boot!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Kearney's numbers for the game were sensational. Thirteen carries, three clean breaks, 91 metres, most players beaten.

Conan's carries 9 for 15m given him the best distance per carry and also 18 tackles, the team high. Well done Jack, just what was needed in a 6N away game.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Did his agent pick MOTM
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Twist wrote:What was with all the booing? Even during O’Mahoney’s interview, no need

Very disappointing from the Scots in general, the booing of Sexton, the booing of nearly every decision against them, Laidlaw's poor comments, especially considering he was captain.
Dont Panic!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dexter wrote:
Twist wrote:What was with all the booing? Even during O’Mahoney’s interview, no need

Very disappointing from the Scots in general, the booing of Sexton, the booing of nearly every decision against them, Laidlaw's poor comments, especially considering he was captain.
They were booing at the end of the the womens match last night too. I think its just something that they do.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote:

Did his agent pick MOTM
Yes, if his agent's name is Jamie Heaslip.
Heaslip had the honour because he was riding shotgun in the commentary box for the beeb.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Dexter wrote:

Very little class shown by the Scottish fans today. They've reached the level of their union now - classless and out for themselves.
Really don't understand how he got Motm. What does he offer? The stats don't lie, his leadership is non existent, but he's still lauded by the media and the ignorant for the highlight reel moments. Great in a game when he offers lots of them, but if he's not doing them what is he doing?
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Murray was chronic today. Passing awful.

Thought our centre pairing was disappointing too. Henshaw/Ringrose look nailed on.

RK was good, although skills let him down at times with offloads etc.

Stockdale was my MOTM. Excellent in first half.

SOB, Roux were good. Conan was quiet. Made a lot of tackles but not much going forward.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Very little class shown by the Scottish fans today. They've reached the level of their union now - classless and out for themselves.
Really don't understand how he got Motm. What does he offer? The stats don't lie, his leadership is non existent, but he's still lauded by the media and the ignorant for the highlight reel moments. Great in a game when he offers lots of them, but if he's not doing them what is he doing?
Never mind the media.
Where's Joe at, picking him?
As a real Joe fan, the signs have not been good recently.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote: Never mind the media.
I'd say Joe is picking him because he's a really good player and probably the best lineout backrow in the world.

Just because he didn't deserve MOTM today doesn't mean he was poor or shouldn't be picked.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote: Never mind the media.
I'd say Joe is picking him because he's a really good player and probably the best lineout backrow in the world.

Just because he didn't deserve MOTM today doesn't mean he was poor or shouldn't be picked.
His lineout presence was also extra important given all the second rows we were missing, I'm sure that helped Roux. He was poor though, don't think he had much impact at all.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote:
RoboProp wrote:

Did his agent pick MOTM
Yes, if his agent's name is Jamie Heaslip.
Heaslip had the honour because he was riding shotgun in the commentary box for the beeb.
Jamie probably afraid he'd be accused of Leinster bias...he should have picked Nugget for his 10 minute cameo just to mess with people's heads...it's what Reggie would have done
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote:Just because he didn't deserve MOTM today doesn't mean he was poor or shouldn't be picked.
But he was poor, and on the last two games shouldn't be picked.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Just because he didn't deserve MOTM today doesn't mean he was poor or shouldn't be picked.
But he was poor, and on the last two games shouldn't be picked.
I don't think he was. I think he tackled well, was an important part of our lineout, showed some nice touches out wide, particularly in first half, and should've gotten more from Poite in ruck.

As I say, just because he was MOTM and didn't deserve it doesn't mean he should be dropped.

Like RK, he's a guy who opposition fans love to hate, but is a very important effective part of our team.