Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby IanD » March 16th, 2019, 5:19 pm

FLIP wrote:That's a 22 all day. Bent. Bent. Bent.


It was carried over by Earl's. Hardly bent. I

ncompetent yes corrupt no.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
User avatar
IanD
Official Mascot
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: May 2nd, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: Wicklow Town

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby FLIP » March 16th, 2019, 5:20 pm

IanD wrote:
FLIP wrote:That's a 22 all day. Bent. Bent. Bent.


It was carried over by Earl's. Hardly bent. I

ncompetent yes corrupt no.


Earls was already in goal by the time he touched the ball, and the ball was on the line by the time he placed it and the ball was still in motion
Last edited by FLIP on March 16th, 2019, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Dave Cahill » March 16th, 2019, 5:21 pm

tingman wrote:why are our half backs still on here....


Schmidt is trying to play them into form - because of hubris, injury and inconsistent selection policy he doesn't have adequate replacements.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21980
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby tingman » March 16th, 2019, 5:23 pm

really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....
tingman
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 258
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Dave Cahill » March 16th, 2019, 5:25 pm

tingman wrote:really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....


No, I think that the coach thinks that and because he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast on a back up, switching between Marmion, McGrath and occasionally Cooney based on form and injury, he doesn't trust them.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21980
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby FLIP » March 16th, 2019, 5:32 pm

3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby wixfjord » March 16th, 2019, 5:33 pm

FLIP wrote:3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one



Jaysus give over will you.

He's been poor, but we've far bigger issues than that.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby FLIP » March 16th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Ringrose held up by the neck. Wales turnover
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby FLIP » March 16th, 2019, 5:35 pm

wixfjord wrote:
FLIP wrote:3rd yellow card warning. He'll never give one



Jaysus give over will you.

He's been poor, but we've far bigger issues than that.


He's been corrupt. Back sport or go share in his payoff.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby tingman » March 16th, 2019, 5:35 pm

One of the worst days at joe's office.....
tingman
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 258
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby FLIP » March 16th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Welsh collapse in the scrum again. No penalty despite giving one to Wales for the same earlier
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby tingman » March 16th, 2019, 5:36 pm

pissin down rain - should've put the roof on!
tingman
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 258
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Twist » March 16th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Its entirely possible for both Ireland and the ref to be exremely bad. No harm in pointing out either/both if its valid


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Twist
Enlightened
 
Posts: 774
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Columbo » March 16th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...
Columbo
Beginner
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Oldschool » March 16th, 2019, 5:42 pm

In summary.
Wales made the better selections.
Wales had the better coach.
Wales players had the mental superiority.
Nothing else really matters.
Joe needs to have a serious, serious hard look at how he himself has performed through this 6Ns.
Footnote.
The IRFU sh!t on Gatty a long time ago.
Gattie has never forgotten, never forgiven and has sh!t on Ireland far too often ever since.
When the Welsh players are about to play Ireland they only have to look into their coach's eyes for inspiration.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Oldschool » March 16th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Columbo wrote:Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...

+1 perhaps harsh on Joe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Oldschool » March 16th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
tingman wrote:really - you think Murray on this form is irreplaceable....heavens help us if so....


No, I think that the coach thinks that and because he hasn't nailed his colours to the mast on a back up, switching between Marmion, McGrath and occasionally Cooney based on form and injury, he doesn't trust them.

Well he'd want to start trusting them.
In Marmion and Cooney we trust.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby Twist » March 16th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Oldschool wrote:
Columbo wrote:Anyone on here trying to claim that the ref is the problem is having a serious laugh.. this is an embarrassing mess of a performance, capping an embarrassing mess of a tournament.. not a single unit or system has functioned, tactical adaptability has regressed to Declan Kidney levels, and selections inflexibility to EOS levels. I think the Schmidt encomiums came a bit too early...

+1 perhaps harsh on Joe.


I think he’s cold-hearted enough to jettison anyone if he thinks its right. He might be considering it now

A few players have looked haunted since christmas. I think once the calender turned to a WC year they lost focus. Dont wanna name names until Ive done some more thinking about it (not that my opinion is important, I just hate reflexive bitching about players after a loss)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Twist
Enlightened
 
Posts: 774
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby wixfjord » March 16th, 2019, 5:54 pm

FLIP wrote:He's been corrupt. Back sport or go share in his payoff.



I'll leave you to concentrate on the 'corruption' conspiracy theories and ignore how utterly incompetent we were.
wixfjord
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Wales v Ireland 2019 6N (The Match)

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » March 16th, 2019, 5:55 pm

I can't believe that Murray and Sexton were left on as long as they were. It's happened in the past, even when Murray had one arm a couple of years back, but that was when both players were in great form and we had the potential to turn games around. Why oh why oh why would you leave them on today when we had no hope of coming back and they were absolutely stinking the place out and have no form to suggest they would come good. Shocking.

I think James Ryan is the only one who can hold his head up high. The rest of the forwards were beaten up really.

I can't understand why we made so many errors, loads of them weren't under any kind of pressure. Even just going for the corner early on was stupid. We had been destroyed from the kick off, have struggled to break Wales down at times, and the place was rocking, take the sting out of it all and go for three.

I hope there's some grand plan for the World Cup but I'm struggling to see it now. Big question marks again now. Hopefully Murray just needs to get fit and Sexton can recover his form, but even if they do would we be sure that Joe hook them if they underperform in Japan? Best has lost his physicality, SOB looks done at this level, Bundee seems to be targeted every week, Rob looks to have lost power, Stockdale isn't great in the air...I could go on.

Have to admire the Welsh workrate. AWJ looked done after that injury but was immense. Great player.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12347
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to International Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neill_m, Twist and 4 guests