The Rugby Club

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

epaddy
Shane Horgan

The Rugby Club

Post by epaddy »

Barnes waxing lyrical about the state of Irish rugby at the moment. For most of the 1st hour it was either Leinster, BOD, Munster or Murphy. I always hate to hear Barnes giving his support to Irish sides i remeber him saying we had the best backline in the world this time last year. He did make on vital point though and i doubt anyone will disagree we most definitly have the players. Its getting the confidence leadership and game plan right for the crucial games. 4 wins shows we are going forward for RWC 07. I would take 3 home wins but we must be competitve in Paris and London
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

But the thing is epaddy, we did have a damn fine backline last year but they never got a chance to play together. While Hickie is now out of the loop this is the first time under EOS since Italy that we've been able to pick our first choice backline. You could argue that Hickie is still considered first choice but isn't match fit but I was always of the opinion that Hickie was going to be on his way out this season or next and Trimble, if he starts, is a worthy replacement.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

No I agree with you there CM(why drop the 11?) Our Depth this year is far better too, just Barnes always seem to but a curse on teams
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

why drop the 11?
The 11 has no relevance. I was CM on the old PR board and when I was trying to register quickly one day on the new board they wanted 4 characters. Original as I am I picked 11!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

CM wrote:
why drop the 11?
The 11 has no relevance. I was CM on the old PR board and when I was trying to register quickly one day on the new board they wanted 4 characters. Original as I am I picked 11!
Booo bring back the eleven, your only half the poster without it
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

your only half the poster without it
:lol:
cj
Graduate

depth

Post by cj »

I reckon Trimble, Bowe and Kearney have come through at just the right time for us - we wouldn't be affected by the loss of D'Arcy and/or Drico to the same extent this year. Last year we had no backup plan, whereas this year we have what will probably start against Italy in the back 5, plus the other two above and Hickie. Good depth.