Leamy

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

bluesky
Mullet

Leamy

Post by bluesky »

Any idea when Leamy's citing result will be announced, according to the IT EoS didn't hold out much hope of him getting away scot free.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

3pm AFAIK
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Hearing is at 3pm but when we'll find out I don't know.

I imagine he'll say he was going for the ball and the fact that he stopped his 'stamping' action the 2nd time will allow him to say that he realised he wasn't going to get the ball without hurting Griffen. After that it's just a case of whether the comission will feel if it deserved yellow or red. Intent will be the key factor.

Will he be a massive loss? As a dynamic quick player and with Easterby already there I think he will but Foley's experience may make up for that.
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Have read on MF that he has been cleared. Good for the fella but bad for Ireland, he is a better no 6 than Easterby currently and Foley is a better 8 than Leamy.
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Post by Bitter As a Lemon »

Great for him but bad for Munster...he could have done with the 4 week break !
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Have to admit that I didn't actually see the incident, what's the view on whether he was actually guilty or not?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

Flash Gordon wrote:Have to admit that I didn't actually see the incident, what's the view on whether he was actually guilty or not?
It would have been very harsh if he'd got banned. If it had been picked up by the ref at the time it may have warranted a yellow, but, to prove intent on his part would have very difficult considering he didn't hit Griffin very hard.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Flash Gordon wrote:Have to admit that I didn't actually see the incident, what's the view on whether he was actually guilty or not?
Reckless rucking, probably should have been a yellow. Don't think there was intent because he was clearly going for the ball (much more so than BOD).

A ban would not have been a surprise but neither is him being cleared. All comes down to intent and we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he had no intent to strike Griffen's head. To be honest I doubt Griffen even had a mark on him such was the weakness of the strike. I think Leamy may have been trying to get at the ball but realised there was no way to do it with Griffen's head there. He half pulled out of the first attempt and completely pulled out of the 2nd one.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:Great for him but bad for Munster...he could have done with the 4 week break !
Post that on Turnipmunchers.com - they'll appreciate that post.