Ireland under 19s v Italy

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Ireland under 19s v Italy

Post by Darce »

oh no where do we go! wrote:for anyone who hasnt seen malahides clubhouse - its quite impressive, nice job they've done out there.
they did well out of that land swap deal alright.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Darce wrote:
oh no where do we go! wrote:for anyone who hasnt seen malahides clubhouse - its quite impressive, nice job they've done out there.
they did well out of that land swap deal alright.
yeah played there the other day, unbelievable facilities, best clubhouse i've ever been in... pitch is nice and flat but very sandy other than that its brilliant
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

tackle-bag wrote:TOL and Manning's stars faded very quickly. I've read a few match reports of games in which Burke was involved and he seemed to have the full package.
Would tend to agree with you about TOL, but I thought he had a fine game (best of the ones I've seen him play anyway) for Munster last weekend.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Mauler wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:TOL and Manning's stars faded very quickly. I've read a few match reports of games in which Burke was involved and he seemed to have the full package.
Would tend to agree with you about TOL, but I thought he had a fine game (best of the ones I've seen him play anyway) for Munster last weekend.
Yeah, I know, couldn't believe my eyes. Apart from one or two slightly wayward passes I thought he was absolutely superb. Really kept the Ulster defence honest and looked extremely powerful on the break. Perhaps Stringer's demotion from the Irish starting XV has inspired him to new heights in hope of pinching his provincial spot.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

what does this have to do with the u-19s??????
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

oh no where do we go! wrote:what does this have to do with the u-19s??????
Read the thread properly and you'll see. We're discussing former half-back prospects who didn't amount to as much as had been expected of them and we're hoping that the same doesn't occur in relation to Andrew Burke etc. The discussion may be slightly collateral but it's certainly of some relevance.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Apparently Ciaran Ruddock declared for Ireland because the Welsh said he was too small. He is 6' 5", handy palyer by all accounts.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Exile wrote:Apparently Ciaran Ruddock declared for Ireland because the Welsh said he was too small. He is 6' 5", handy palyer by all accounts.
Bloody cheek of the Welsh - they capitalise on everyone else's ineptitude to win a couple of grand slams and suddenly they think they're the most elite rugby nation on earth. I personally can't wait to see them get trashed by South Africa during the summer.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

tackle-bag wrote:
Exile wrote:Apparently Ciaran Ruddock declared for Ireland because the Welsh said he was too small. He is 6' 5", handy palyer by all accounts.
Bloody cheek of the Welsh - they capitalise on everyone else's ineptitude to win a couple of grand slams and suddenly they think they're the most elite rugby nation on earth. I personally can't wait to see them get trashed by South Africa during the summer.
It would be typically Welsh alright, wonder if they'll try and barter a deal from the ML for themselves.
Last edited by tones on March 26th, 2008, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
General Collins
Graduate

Post by General Collins »

true blue 06 wrote:no players from the big 6 in the starting xv, good to see i suppose
Just as a matter of interest - who the hell are the big 6????

I never knew that Accountancy firms had rugby teams??
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

rock,belvo,nure,marys,clongowees,micheals/castleknock(neither deserve to be part of it)
slugger
Learner

Post by slugger »

General Collins wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:no players from the big 6 in the starting xv, good to see i suppose
Just as a matter of interest - who the hell are the big 6????

I never knew that Accountancy firms had rugby teams??
Its the big 4 accountancy firms. And at least one of them definitely does have a rugby team
oh no where do we go!
Beginner

Post by oh no where do we go! »

tackle-bag wrote:
Read the thread properly and you'll see. We're discussing former half-back prospects who didn't amount to as much as had been expected of them and we're hoping that the same doesn't occur in relation to Andrew Burke etc. The discussion may be slightly collateral but it's certainly of some relevance.

FYI the thread title is
not former half back prospects

wrong thread - and Burke isn't that good anyway, McKinlay is a better player, Burke was anonymous when Leinster u-19's thrashed Munster u-19's back in October, But neither of them have have shown enough potential yet to be considered realistic prospects.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

oh no where do we go! wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:

FYI the thread title is
not former half back prospects

wrong thread - and Burke isn't that good anyway, McKinlay is a better player, Burke was anonymous when Leinster u-19's thrashed Munster u-19's back in October, But neither of them have have shown enough potential yet to be considered realistic prospects.
As you are someone that attends these matches please relieve my fears by confirming you are neither the coach or a selector. If you are unable to see the potential McKinlay has you ar clearly looking the wrong way. For guy his age I have never seen anyone so willing and unafraid to make decisions, and usually the right decision too. My only concern for the lad is that he will not come across a coach that has the ability to develop and groom him up to the next level. But Stevie Wonder could see the potential.