Ulster 2017 - 2018

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Ulster 2017 - 2018

Post by artaneboy »

Where’s Giteau gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

artaneboy wrote:Where’s Giteau gone?

Where was he? Toulon still or had he moved on?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ulster have been poor so far. Lots of handling errors and getting beaten at the breakdown. Their try is the product of 2 Wasps brain farts in quick succession. Looks like it's Saracens in the QF.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ulster are up for this but are just so poor in a lot of ways. I feel for them in some ways though, very difficult to cope with the injuries (although Lyttle has been excellent) and Garces has been very one sided against them. Not penalising Wasps for kicking the ball out of a ruck but then penalising Ulster for it a minute later really stood out.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Oldschool wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Where’s Giteau gone?

Where was he? Toulon still or had he moved on?
Was in Japan, but heard he was ruled out of going to Ulster. May be imagining that he signed in England somewhere. Maybe Gloucester, but could be totally wrong. Then speculation moved on to Donald.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Ulster are up for this but are just so poor in a lot of ways. I feel for them in some ways though, very difficult to cope with the injuries (although Lyttle has been excellent) and Garces has been very one sided against them. Not penalising Wasps for kicking the ball out of a ruck but then penalising Ulster for it a minute later really stood out.
Yeah Garces having a poor game by his standards. But Ulster look so slow and defending very naively
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I wonder now if there will be a new outhalf signed for Ulster. Is there any value in it now that they are out of Europe?
I have Bumbleflex
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dave Cahill wrote:I wonder now if there will be a new outhalf signed for Ulster. Is there any value in it now that they are out of Europe?
Think for the remainder of the season they'd be best off developing what's there even if you're giving academy lads a go, build from the ground up for next season, no reason they can't and will probably still make Pro14 playoffs
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:I wonder now if there will be a new outhalf signed for Ulster. Is there any value in it now that they are out of Europe?
Do you mean next season or as well as Donald?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:
No point in splashing the cash until next season.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

I have been of the opinion since the start that we should play McPhilips and perhaps another of the young 10's as even if Jackson returns we still need a backup, Nelson is a decent fullback shoved in at 10 due to circumstances.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:
I mean sayonara Steve. Why spend big, or even medium, bucks on a guy for less than half a Pro14 campaign. Play one of the young Ulster outhalves, like McPhillips, or there are two quality outhalves not playing any first team rugby at the moment in Bill Johnson and Cathal Marsh. One of them could head north for a couple of months, get some starts at a higher level.
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Edinburgh.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

?
I have Bumbleflex
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Oh dear. So bad.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:?
They're under a lot of pressure from Edinburgh not just for the playoff spot and auto Euro qualification. Really wouldn't fancy them in a playoff with an inexperienced OH.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:?
They're under a lot of pressure from Edinburgh not just for the playoff spot and auto Euro qualification. Really wouldn't fancy them in a playoff with an inexperienced OH.
Ah, gotcha, sorry!
I have Bumbleflex
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

So Ulster to rebuild. Seems like the squad needs to get refreshed. Who's departing and who's incoming?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ulster confirm that they will be not be signing Steven Donald due to a knee injury in his final club game in Japan

http://ulsterrugby.com/news/16919#.WmW9K5OFhE6
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:Ulster confirm that they will be not be signing Steven Donald due to a knee injury in his final club game in Japan

http://ulsterrugby.com/news/16919#.WmW9K5OFhE6
Decision made.