The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by ronk »

At least They built for the future with Hanrahan. Totally worth discarding Keatley.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

OTT wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:There's a fair bit of chat on Twitter about how BT treated the Vunipola issue. I can see why people would disagree with him being given MOTM and think I agree. The optics just aren't good and I didn't think it was such a standout performance that he had to get it. I also think Healey always had it in mind to give it to him, seemed like he was making a point about it IMO. As Sinead O'Carroll said on Twitter, it gave him the chance to double down on his comments in the interview.

I can see both points of view on that one, but not the way they were treating the issue in general. It annoyed me that they were acting as if he had had a tough week because something terrible had happened him. That's bullshit tbf and they should have called out what he said and made a bigger deal of him being punished for it. I get that it's a tricky position to be in but they got the tone all wrong IMO.

I thought they made him look like a victim who shone through in adversity the way they talked which he isn’t.

It would have been more honest if instead of saying what a great guy he is they said he’s as thick as a plank, that way you could have some sympathy for him in that he is just thick and knows no better.

But he's not thick. Don't patronise him. He's a grown up man who knows what he is doing and he's a hero for Christian homophobes everywhere. Saracens also know what they are doing: the bare minimum in public. It's been a sh!t show of standard troll nopologies from the get go..

And munster went and raided our team for nothing as, just like last year, it wasn't the outhalf who was the losing of it, it was the pack. I hope Ketley feels somewhat vindicated. He was treated extremely unfairly. They can go shopping for another 5 outhalves and another 6 scrum halves and it won't make a blind bit of difference.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Nice one 433, I'd agree with all of that!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Apparently the Munster media officer attempted to argue that it wasn't clear that the Munster jersey wearing Currabinny, Co. Cork man who entered the pitch to confront Vunipola was a munster supporter. :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dave Cahill wrote:Apparently the Munster media officer attempted to argue that it wasn't clear that the Munster jersey wearing Currabinny, Co. Cork man who entered the pitch to confront Vunipola was a munster supporter. :lol:
Possibly pointed to his shoes and claimed it was a leinster plant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Dave Cahill wrote:Apparently the Munster media officer attempted to argue that it wasn't clear that the Munster jersey wearing Currabinny, Co. Cork man who entered the pitch to confront Vunipola was a munster supporter. :lol:
An easy mistake to make. How many people wearing Munster jerseys on that pitch were Munster men?
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Did anyone notice the lack of reporting of "Munsters" humiliation yesterday?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Anyone else worried that Munster will look straight to Leinster's squad now to try improve their powderpuff pack. Despite making a semi final, they have never looked as far away from winning a HC.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

deco wrote:Did anyone notice the lack of reporting of "Munsters" humiliation yesterday?
Can't say I did Deco but then there could never be enough negative news about Munster for you.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Keith wrote:Anyone else worried that Munster will look straight to Leinster's squad now to try improve their powderpuff pack. Despite making a semi final, they have never looked as far away from winning a HC.
You don't get to a Euro semi final three years in a row with a powderpuff pack
No reason was specified.

tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

ronk wrote:At least They built for the future with Hanrahan. Totally worth discarding Keatley.
Stupid comment in fairness
No reason was specified.

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

tomthefan wrote:
Keith wrote:Anyone else worried that Munster will look straight to Leinster's squad now to try improve their powderpuff pack. Despite making a semi final, they have never looked as far away from winning a HC.
You don't get to a Euro semi final three years in a row with a powderpuff pack
And yet.....
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Munster are 'rumoured to be in the market for a marquee backline signing.' Also Van Graan might be in the market for some 'short term signings'. You know some lad they can bring over on a 3 month contract and then extend for 2 years.

https://www.the42.ie/munster-signings-s ... 0-Apr2019/

Really wished that Munster trusted their youth more. Not all of them might be world beaters but parachuting in some Southern Hemisphere player in front is just stunting development.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Maybe its Zebo!

You're right about them not backing their young lads though. There's some very promising young players down there who've barely advanced at all this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Folau might be cheap.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

sunshiner1 wrote:Munster are 'rumoured to be in the market for a marquee backline signing.' Also Van Graan might be in the market for some 'short term signings'. You know some lad they can bring over on a 3 month contract and then extend for 2 years.

Really wished that Munster trusted their youth more. Not all of them might be world beaters but parachuting in some Southern Hemisphere player in front is just stunting development.
That article mostly says there won't be signings.

Disappointingly it's because they will stick with the same squad rather than occur to them that they could use young or academy players.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Seriously, can anyone please explain what is the beef with this guy. He hates rugby, soccer, GAA(dubs anyway).
Is he just self promoting stephen jones type troll? Or is their something actually wrong with the guy, mental health issues or whatever?
Ewan MacKennaVerified account @EwanMacKenna
One last thing on Munster's bullshit. Remember the Gardai would intervene if someone sneezed during a penalty. Even Brazilian commentary talked about the roars during Saracens kicks yesterday. Give respect, but we will throw a massive tantrum when we are destroyed. Odious club.

A lot of Munster fans (more than were at game tellingly) throwing out veiled defences of their behaviour as Vunipola is a cretin. Funny that when it comes to hiring dopers they were all about forgiveness of their fellow man. Hypocrits can be added to the list of prominent traits.

The shoes! This being rugby country he was of course one of the 72,000 Munster fans in a half empty medium sized ground for a supposedly giant game that they got thumped in. The arswholery around Munster surmises more. "But Anthony, it's not a weekend in Bordeaux." #SUAF
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote:Seriously, can anyone please explain what is the beef with this guy. He hates rugby, soccer, GAA(dubs anyway).
Is he just self promoting stephen jones type troll? Or is their something actually wrong with the guy, mental health issues or whatever?
One last thing on Munster's bullshit. Remember the Gardai would intervene if someone sneezed during a penalty. Even Brazilian commentary talked about the roars during Saracens kicks yesterday. Give respect, but we will throw a massive tantrum when we are destroyed. Odious club.

A lot of Munster fans (more than were at game tellingly) throwing out veiled defences of their behaviour as Vunipola is a cretin. Funny that when it comes to hiring dopers they were all about forgiveness of their fellow man. Hypocrits can be added to the list of prominent traits.

The shoes! This being rugby country he was of course one of the 72,000 Munster fans in a half empty medium sized ground for a supposedly giant game that they got thumped in. The arswholery around Munster surmises more. "But Anthony, it's not a weekend in Bordeaux." #SUAF
Basically he’s a Wally
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

ronk wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:Munster are 'rumoured to be in the market for a marquee backline signing.' Also Van Graan might be in the market for some 'short term signings'. You know some lad they can bring over on a 3 month contract and then extend for 2 years.

That article mostly says there won't be signings.

Disappointingly it's because they will stick with the same squad rather than occur to them that they could use young or academy players.
I think that they'll turn over 8 or so players from their senior squad and largely replace them from within [with the exception of Nick McCarthy]. When I say within, I mean current academy and development-contract players being promoted up one step. I also think that the number of players in their squad will drop by three [or maybe four].

They've 14 players in their senior squad who have played under 300 mins this season. A few of those are long-term injuries [Jack O'Donoghue, Liam O'Connor], but a significant proportion of them are players that van Graan inherited. He only took over the Munster job officially at the end of November 2017, i.e. 18 months ago, so there are players who were on two year deals at the time of his arrival that he has had a look at and decided to move on from - the likes of Ian Keatley, Dave O'Callaghan, Jaco Taute, James Hart, Stephen Fitzgerald etc. Not picking those players is part of van Graan organising his squad for next year.

If he does what I think he's going to do, van Graan will have a smaller, marginally younger squad with more Munster academy-produced players in it. Two more of their imports [Kleyn and Marshall] will become Irish-qualified, which opens up recruitment options for them; they will only have three NIQs on the books in Mathewson, Botha and Cloete, and only two after Christmas. These are all steps in the right direction for the province.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ulster had 1 NIQ + 1 temp NIQ. There are no guanantees that Munster will be allowed fill their quota.

If van Graan was going to promote his young players, why would he not make hay out of it?