Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby ronk » August 19th, 2019, 8:37 am

Dave Cahill wrote:
ronk wrote:The Munster branch left Cork rugby behind a bit, it wouldn't be at all helpful to the GAA to reestablish strong local competition.


Not entirely sure that thats the case - more that 'official' Cork was not helpful to Munster Rugby. They were decidedly unhelpful over the years when MR were trying to get Musgrave Park developed for examp8le.


I didnt know that. I was thinking more about growing the game in Cork, I don't care so much about the Cork club's interests.

I imagine they'd be a little in the way too for this supposed venture.

At the time that Leinster added 2 Aviva games it was obviously a good idea with an external event that pushed the timing. This doesnt have that.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Dave Cahill » August 19th, 2019, 8:54 am

ronk wrote:
I didnt know that. I was thinking more about growing the game in Cork, I don't care so much about the Cork club's interests.


Sorry, not sure if I was clear - by 'official' Cork I meant the local councils etc. For example not allowing civic buildings fly Munster flags the week after the 2006 HEC win and the lack of support from the council around the redevelopment of Musgrave Park over the years
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 21923
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Laighin Break » August 21st, 2019, 3:15 pm

Sounds like Leinster have put the caidhp bháis on the Páirc Uí Chaíomh idea.
Received an email this afternoon saying:

Munster V Leinster Away

Plan your Christmas trip to Thomond Park early. Tickets are now on sale for Guinness PRO14's round 9 clash of Munster V Leinster in Thomond Park on Saturday December 28th. Tickets available on link below.
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 936
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby leinsterforever » August 21st, 2019, 3:58 pm

Wasn't down to happen this season anyway afaik.
leinsterforever
Mullet
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 2:20 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Laighin Break » August 22nd, 2019, 10:19 am

"De Paper" reported

Negotiations to play a ground-breaking Guinness PRO14 rugby clash between Munster and Leinster at Páirc Ui Chaoimh this Christmas are at an advanced though delicate stage
User avatar
Laighin Break
Enlightened
 
Posts: 936
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 9:35 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby blockhead » September 8th, 2019, 7:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GhyiAR8SI
POC kicks our Dave in the head!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpqDB1N4GOI
Hayes stamps on our Cian's head!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57MjiKM8r0
Our Cian again, this time O'Leary with a clothesline tackle!

Pro14 is only weeks away.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby LeinsterLeader » September 9th, 2019, 11:47 am

Another temp signing for Munster. Only two months this time https://www.the42.ie/munster-jed-hollow ... 1-Sep2019/
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby FLIP » September 9th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Odds on that being extended?
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1638
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby LeinsterLeader » September 9th, 2019, 1:01 pm

FLIP wrote:Odds on that being extended?

I hear hes already putting down his kids names for secondary schools in the area for his unborn kids :lol:
User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby johng » September 9th, 2019, 1:38 pm

He has to go back to the Tahs for Super rugby in Jan at the latest
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17941
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby ronk » September 9th, 2019, 2:59 pm

They were down to bare bones during the RWC with only 4 locks and 6 backrow before they might be forced to use one of 6 academy players or Butler who is training with the squad.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Logorrhea » September 9th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Could they not just force a Leinster player to go down?

I get that they don't want to utilise any of their own academy players, but surely they can just force a player from another province to fill in the gap. Isn't that what Musnter rugby is all about now?
User avatar
Logorrhea
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4108
Joined: October 2nd, 2007, 1:20 pm
Location: D24

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby FLIP » September 9th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Logorrhea wrote:Could they not just force a Leinster player to go down?

I get that they don't want to utilise any of their own academy players, but surely they can just force a player from another province to fill in the gap. Isn't that what Musnter rugby is all about now?


They operate on the pyramid of principles.

Why use an academy player when we can flog our first 15?
Why use an academy player when we can steal from other provinces?
Why use an academy player when we can sign a player on a "loan"
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1638
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby blockhead » September 9th, 2019, 10:04 pm

johng wrote:He has to go back to the Tahs for Super rugby in Jan at the latest


They'll need another temp then so.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Morf » September 10th, 2019, 1:32 am

FLIP wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:Could they not just force a Leinster player to go down?

I get that they don't want to utilise any of their own academy players, but surely they can just force a player from another province to fill in the gap. Isn't that what Musnter rugby is all about now?


They operate on the pyramid of principles.

Why use an academy player when we can flog our first 15?
Why use an academy player when we can steal from other provinces?
Why use an academy player when we can sign a player on a "loan"


We're only making fun because it isn't working.
If it was we'd want to do it.
User avatar
Morf
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:20 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby ronk » September 10th, 2019, 11:09 am

When it doesn't work, it's money wasted from the IRFU pool and players that get poached from us that picks up the tab and wasted talent that could have helped the Irish team.

Munster have 2 premium jokers in positions where they have more experienced depth that us and in the same positions where they've recruited multiple players.

If they were going to bring in 1 experienced player to play kids around it would be one thing. They are doing this so they don't have to play ANY kids.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby Morf » September 10th, 2019, 1:01 pm

ronk wrote:When it doesn't work, it's money wasted from the IRFU pool and players that get poached from us that picks up the tab and wasted talent that could have helped the Irish team.

Munster have 2 premium jokers in positions where they have more experienced depth that us and in the same positions where they've recruited multiple players.

If they were going to bring in 1 experienced player to play kids around it would be one thing. They are doing this so they don't have to play ANY kids.


That's all true but IRFU aren't cracking the fiscal responsibility whip with Munster any time soon.

Nucifora doesn't seem to be holding them to the same standard as other provinces either.

That's how it is.
User avatar
Morf
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:20 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby ronk » September 11th, 2019, 8:48 am

Morf wrote:
That's all true but IRFU aren't cracking the fiscal responsibility whip with Munster any time soon.

Nucifora doesn't seem to be holding them to the same standard as other provinces either.

That's how it is.


It is. I like to think that it will limit the abuse in some way.

Its easy to see that squad experience shortage is a canard and that false narrative deserves to be challenged.

There is no reason to believe that van Graan will change or suddenly show an interest in developing players.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby offshorerules » September 11th, 2019, 2:14 pm

There are 100 people planning a protest outside Independent Park in Cork at the Munster London Irish friendly this month. It will be about London Irish signing Paddy Jackson. Not a huge crowd to be fair but probably bigger than the crowd inside the ground.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Postby johng » September 11th, 2019, 2:26 pm

I heard it was 200, but it won't matter as wee Poddy isn't travelling
User avatar
johng
Jamie Heaslip
 
Posts: 17941
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests