Ulster team v Glasgow

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Ulster team v Glasgow

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Irish Times wrote: Ulster coach Matt Williams will tackle tomorrow’s challenge head-on after naming a powerful frontrow for their home fixture against Glasgow.

The Australian opted for Justin Fitzpatrick, returning captain Rory Best and Brendon Botha in the frontrow. Backup on the bench comes in the form of Tom Court and Nigel Brady.

Ulster academy player Ian Whitten has been promoted to the starting line-up in place of Paul Steinmetz, who is still recovering from a shoulder injury.

Isaac Boss starts at scrumhalf with Cillian Willis as cover on the bench. Chris Henry retains his place in the backrow while Robbie Diack recovers from injury. Bryn Cunningham is also ruled out injured.

"The individuals in the team have to take responsibility,” said Williams looking to bounce back after the 26-16 defeat away to the Dragons.

"I was very unhappy with our last performance; we cannot talk our way out of it, or make excuses. We need a performance against Glasgow, and nothing but 100 per cent will do.

“Our focus is to take back the points we lost against Dragons, and show what we are really capable of. The players all know that they have to stand-up and perform come Saturday.”

Ulster team (v Glasgow):
C Schifcofske, A Trimble, D Cave, I Whitten, S Danielli, I Humphreys, I Boss, J Fitzpatrick, R Best (C), B Botha, R Caldwell, E O'Donoghue, M McCullough, D Pollock, C Henry. Replacements: N Brady, T Court, C Del Fava, K Dawson, C Willis, N O'Connor, M McCrea
A proud Winsome Fluter