Munster Support

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Mauler wrote:Less than one week after we brought over more than 2,000 fans to Bath. Leinster played against The Boarders - on a Friday night by the way, with only 5 changes from the starting XV from the previous week and only 4,125 bothered to turn up. I think it’s more relevant to persuade potential Leinster fans to go to Leinster games rather than slagging off other clubs fans for not supporting their own team.
True.....but its less fun. :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Mauler wrote:Less than one week after we brought over more than 2,000 fans to Bath. Leinster played against The Boarders - on a Friday night by the way, with only 5 changes from the starting XV from the previous week and only 4,125 bothered to turn up. I think it’s more relevant to persuade potential Leinster fans to go to Leinster games rather than slagging off other clubs fans for not supporting their own team.

Who are you and what have you done with Mauler?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:

Who are you and what have you done with Mauler?
I've just realised.....I've never met Mauler sober.....my God, this is what he's like normally!!! Give him 17 pints of Ken. Make it quick!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

It wasn't a great turnout, but one of the bigger ones involving the Borders so far in the CL. Our average gate is about 5,500 - so it's not a million miles away from that. Not a huge surprise there was a bit of a hangover (in more ways than one) after the Bath game either. I for one was under house arrest that weekend for having spent the previous one in Bath and the next 3 days about as useful as tits on a bull. Not saying I'm proud of it.... :oops:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Who hacked Mauler's account? :?
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

[/quote][/quote]

I think you guys who are going to Toulouse need a Cheika and Knoxie song!!! Liginds![/quote]

Hmmm, something to the tune of Bonnie and Clyde perhaps...interesting[/quote]

Pinky and the Brain?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

ribs wrote:Pinky and the Brain?
Thought about that, but would sound better as any EOS & Mike Ruddock song. Wouldn't even have to change that many words :lol:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

:roll:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote::roll:
I think the point was that EVERY thread seems to be degenerating to Turnipstan vs Leinster.....although one of the reasons is that we aren't breaking the threads - you get 7 pages of threads where the end bears no resemblance to the beginning.....
JoseFantastique
Mullet

Post by JoseFantastique »

Is it not the case that season tickets aren't counted in the attendance, so last Saturday Munster had 5,000 people plus whatever hardcore season-ticket holding numbers turned up? Not usre if thats how it works in each province.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

JoseFantastique wrote:Is it not the case that season tickets aren't counted in the attendance, so last Saturday Munster had 5,000 people plus whatever hardcore season-ticket holding numbers turned up? Not usre if thats how it works in each province.
The chances of EXACTLY 5000 attending is pretty low....I remember a couple of years ago we had 3500 at the Brook for 5 games in a row! Certainly when me and my mates go in with our season tickets they don't scan/count them.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Flash Gordon wrote:
JoseFantastique wrote:Is it not the case that season tickets aren't counted in the attendance, so last Saturday Munster had 5,000 people plus whatever hardcore season-ticket holding numbers turned up? Not usre if thats how it works in each province.
The chances of EXACTLY 5000 attending is pretty low....I remember a couple of years ago we had 3500 at the Brook for 5 games in a row! Certainly when me and my mates go in with our season tickets they don't scan/count them.
Usual way to count whent there are turnstiles is a ticker for every person going through. So the only people that wouldn't be counted would be the ones that come through the gate at Donnybrook. That's the way I always assumed it would be but if they do it on money taken at each turnstile then there's room for error.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Usual way to count whent there are turnstiles is a ticker for every person going through. So the only people that wouldn't be counted would be the ones that come through the gate at Donnybrook. That's the way I always assumed it would be but if they do it on money taken at each turnstile then there's room for error.
There has been a lot of underestimating of crowds at the Brook for sure....
Murtoc

Post by Murtoc »

Not all of us buy into "the greatest supporters in the world thing" and yes the attendance was dissapointing but i think a major reason for that is that the Young Munsters V Old Cescent local derby was on a couple of miles away with about 1500 people at it.Shannon and Garryowen were away and their hardcore were at that.The Cork clubs also had games scheduled at the same time.Methinks the IRFU are throwing the baby out with the bathwater
To the brave and faithful,nothing is impossible