Rugby computer games for 2012.

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rugby computer games for 2012.

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think rugby challenge will be out on the PC.
ARCD
Learner

Post by ARCD »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I think rugby challenge will be out on the PC.
Yes it will, Rugby challenge will be out on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
RWC 2011 only on Xbox 360 and PS3
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

The EA rugby game is out today

Has anyone played it yet?

Is it worth getting?

Are teams/kits accurate
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

mtleinster wrote:The EA rugby game is out today

Has anyone played it yet?

Is it worth getting?

Are teams/kits accurate

the demo is shite so download that before purchasing.......

im waiting for Jonah Lomu Rugby...there's a great vid on Youtube which i dont have a link to
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Bought RWC yesterday on the news that lomu will be delayed by a month.

Already found a few jinx in it, and there are a few downgrades from Rugby 08.

They rarely use players name, instead using "kick by the outhalf"

Oh how I miss "Laksanasompong with the restart"
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

it's not too bad if you play 2 player or if you try world cup with one of the less good teams it's a challenge.

it's a cr@p game after waiting 4 years for it though. Half the features of Rugby 08 and almost no licenses.

I know it's been said a million times before but how hard would it be to use the game engine from Jonah, with the same controls, update the squads and upgrade the graphics a bit.

Anyone know if you can get it on emulator?
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
ARCD
Learner

Post by ARCD »

If anyones interested there's a pretty basic rugby manager game on the internet www.rugby-manager.com

Doesn't include any matchplay and has very limited tactics but I've found it pretty addictive. Trying to balance your time between training and matches, and how to spend your money between improving facilities or buying talented players make it enjoyable enough.

Has anyone else here tried it?
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

So anybody got Jonah Lomu's Challenge yet then?
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

It is out this friday

brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

mtleinster wrote:It is out this friday

Jeez, delayed again? Last time I checked it was due out on the 7th
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

It's pretty good so far. For some odd reason they have Healy and Ross the wrong way around, and the squad is last seasons starting squad, so a few players missing. Only bugbear I really have is the goal area behaviour. Instead of putting the ball down right away, the player tries to shrug tackles until they're free or tackled. If this keeps on going, you end up running into touch.
Anyone But New Zealand
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

it's only alright. Having been used to FIFA etc the controls take a little to get used to. Commentary is very poor though, and the lack of atmosphere in the background of the gameplay tends to drag the 'feel' of the thing down I think. It's decent, but a bit of a let down given the wait.
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It gets better as you play it but yeah I'm a bit let down by it too. Am I the only one struggling to change players? I've improved a bit but it's still pretty poor. I find it impossible to tackle/go forward with someone who's caught a lineout as well. One really infuriating thing is when you try to pass to the outhalf but the ball gets fired back to a player who's miles back on the blindside. The camera angles are a bit strange as well. I have it on the sideline one but the way it refocuses when a kick is caught and the ball is turned over is really strange. If anyone has any tips then please share them!

It is growing on me though and I've a feeling that they could really come up with a great game if they tweaked/added a few things in a couple of years time.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Which is the better of the two games so? Might buy one.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

If you own Rugby Challenge on PC, and you're tired of looking at the cr@p default Irish (and other international) shirts and the made up players.... help is at hand.

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.ph ... post977778 <- Just follow the instructions. :green clap:

Just need to mod in the new Leinster shirts... or maybe the HC winning shirt!
Anyone But New Zealand
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

I popped in to Gamestation to buy this the other day (PS3) and it was 49.99! All other games released at the same time were only 39.99. When I asked the guy why it was so expensive he said it was because they only got 3 copies delivered. When I asked about pre-owned he laughed and said I could check the website and even then it would be £45!

Robbing b$&%@#ds!

I'll leave it a few months...........
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

Seems to have been terrible issues with the supply alright. It's decent, in that it is the only decent rugby game for PS3 or Xbox. This is probably the only reason for getting it though.
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
papachino
Graduate

Post by papachino »

New Rugby game coming out this summer: Rugby Challenge 2: Lions edition...

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

I believe the developers have focused a lot more on Northern Hemisphere content this time...

Game will include Pro 12, Top 14, Pro D2, Aviva Prem, Super Rugby, the Rugby Championship and the Lions tour and the Barbarians, plus 20+ more stadiums.
More content to be announced later.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

papachino wrote:New Rugby game coming out this summer: Rugby Challenge 2: Lions edition...

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

I believe the developers have focused a lot more on Northern Hemisphere content this time...

Game will include Pro 12, Top 14, Pro D2, Aviva Prem, Super Rugby, the Rugby Championship and the Lions tour and the Barbarians, plus 20+ more stadiums.
More content to be announced later.
Hope its a bit more realistic I lost all respect for the game in the first 5 minutes when I saw Canterburys ITM team was rated better than Leinster/Clermont and pretty much all Northern Hemisphere teams. Still prefer the old EA sports rugby. The off loads in Rugby challenge were stupid, tight 5 forwards throwing skip backhand off loads while being tackled by 2 players. Would be better if instead of all the content they just have the Amlin, Heineken and Super Rugby for clubs where you can do a career and sign players etc (maybe even the world league like in EA). Then 6 nations, Rugby Championship and WC for international and focus on the game play.
papachino
Graduate

Post by papachino »

Pic from the new game, looks like the got the Aviva in there:

and the cover:
[img] https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater [/imh]