Edinburgh

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Edinburgh

Post by Peg Leg »

Just looking at the Pro12 league table, Edinburgh have the 2nd highest point scoring tally at 235 but are sporting a -6 points points difference and siting in 9th place...... Jekyl and Hyde stuff! I hope Bradley gets the defense's act together for the new year, or he'll be out on his snot!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:Just looking at the Pro12 league table, Edinburgh have the 2nd highest point scoring tally at 235 but are sporting a -6 points points difference and siting in 9th place...... Jekyl and Hyde stuff! I hope Bradley gets the defense's act together for the new year, or he'll be out on his snot!
I hear (hey Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyy) his team are in with a chance of a QF place in the HEC.
Which is bad news for us (Ireland, that is), if it happens, because Dekko's contract runs out in the not too distant future.
A QF or two in the HEC would look pretty good on, an otherwise unremarkable, coaching CV.
On second thoughts, when does Tony McGahon's contract come up for renewal? should Munster be even more concerned?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
lineens weegie army
Bookworm

Post by lineens weegie army »

Peg Leg wrote:Just looking at the Pro12 league table, Edinburgh have the 2nd highest point scoring tally at 235 but are sporting a -6 points points difference and siting in 9th place...... Jekyl and Hyde stuff! I hope Bradley gets the defense's act together for the new year, or he'll be out on his snot!
A few Edinburgh fans calling for his head today - might have something to do with the fact he has named a... I'm not even sure it's a second XV tbh! for one of the biggest games of their season at Firhill on sunday. Heading for the first ever sell-out crowd at a club game in Scotland, and he is sending what could barely even be described as an experimental side! :O

He better have some grand plan here, or he will be out on his arse very soon. Has effectively just gambled the clubs entire season on the 2 HC games in january... fail to win them, and it means they have quite possibly taking a hiding from their closest rivals for nothing (and it's possible could see us go further in Europe than they do, just to make it worse... though that is a long shot)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

lineens weegie army wrote:and it's possible could see us go further in Europe than they do, just to make it worse... though that is a long shot)
Don't count on that LWA.

Last time Leinster won in Firhill was May 06 :o :shock:

That shows how hard it is to win there, OK we never picked our best team, but Glasgow are a decent side and very hard to play in Firhill.

This time it will be our top HC squad and you better believe Joe Schmidt and the lads are up for it and targeting a win.

Any aul win will do. We don't need pretty, and we don't need a good score. Win at all costs.

The lack of wins there and the fact that you took our 3 year normal season home Celtic league record should be enough motivation. Never mind a possible home QF in the HC.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

johng wrote:
lineens weegie army wrote:and it's possible could see us go further in Europe than they do, just to make it worse... though that is a long shot)
Don't count on that LWA.

That shows how hard it is to win there, OK we never picked our best team, but Glasgow are a decent side and very hard to play in Firhill.

This time it will be our top HC squad and you better believe Joe Schmidt and the lads are up for it and targeting a win.

Any aul win will do. We don't need pretty, and we don't need a good score. Win at all costs.

The lack of wins there and the fact that you took our 3 year normal season home Celtic league record should be enough motivation. Never mind a possible home QF in the HC.
It's funny looking back at the last squad to go to Firhill, if you add up the retirements, the departures and the injuries that have led to players missing all of season so far you get 11 out of the 23 who are no longer playing for Leinster.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

johng wrote:
Don't count on that LWA.

It's funny looking back at the last squad to go to Firhill, if you add up the retirements, the departures and the injuries that have led to players missing all of season so far you get 11 out of the 23 who are no longer playing for Leinster.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Neil Back has been appointed Edinburghs forwards coach
I have Bumbleflex
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Interesting. They've made a few good signings and now this. Suggests they've got ambitions to build on last season and some financial support to do so.

Be great to see the Scottish sides getting stronger. The only problem is the Welsh may be going backwards at the same time.
We're all red on the inside.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Munsterboy wrote:
Be great to see the Scottish sides getting stronger. The only problem is the Welsh may be going backwards at the same time.
That's a problem? Sounds like a feature to me, don't fix it!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Munsterboy wrote:Interesting. They've made a few good signings and now this. Suggests they've got ambitions to build on last season and some financial support to do so.

Yeah, the ospreys have a clear out at the start of the season, then go on to snatch the league final in the RDS. :?
3 Gold Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

blockhead wrote:http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/edin ... -the-reins

Bradley and Back gone
That's the next Irish coach sorted so :)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Do you think the Munster lads will be able to work with Back?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wasnt Back the one who said Denton was good enough to play for England?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon