Super 15

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Super 15

Post by TerenureJim »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Great run there from Brad Thorn. Steps one tackler, bumps another and is hauled down just short of the line. Still looks in great nick
I really do love that man. Caught a few minutes of him playing last week and his clearing out is just a thing a beauty. He thunders through the ruck treating other players like skittles and then keeps a nice long back and a wide stance which stops people pushing him back and protects the ball perfectly. Honestly one of my favourite sights in rugby.
Post match interview from him was class as well, just an all round class act.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Top 5 week 5. A welcome respite from the anemic Irish Kidney teams display over the weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N399W2mqAOw
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Bernard Foley playing 10 for the Waratahs. Must have Irish connections with that name?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

cormac wrote:Bernard Foley playing 10 for the Waratahs. Must have Irish connections with that name?
Along with about 30-40% of their whole population, i do think the diaspora playing Super 15 rugby is often overlooked for possible Irish caps. There's a lack in scouting at the moment in terms of Irish eligible players available worldwide at a time when the journos love to whine about our small player pool (which I don't agree with).
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

Just noticed big Brad playing for the Highlanders.
Did he play in Japan at all?
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you aren't watching the Bulls and the Sharks, you're missing a cracker
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:If you aren't watching the Bulls and the Sharks, you're missing a cracker
I caught a few mins of that and Kirchner seemed to be playing well. He wasn't making too much headway but he was very very hungry for work and was picking good lines.