Nathen Hines on OTB

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

DartVader
Bookworm

Nathen Hines on OTB

Post by DartVader »

Interview coming up on OTB on Newstalk tonight with Nate.
Amz
Mullet

Re: Nathen Hines on OTB

Post by Amz »

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

:lol:
Here's their full conversation

https://twitter.com/seanobrien1987/stat ... 1974855681

Xan really, reallys @wagga5
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

Bump.... Meh..... still p*ssed off we ever lost him...

Nathan Hines to join Premiership side from Clermont

Sale Sharks have signed lock Nathan Hines on a two-year contract.

The 37-year-old, who has 77 caps for Scotland, will join in June from French side Clermont Auvergne and fill the gap left by James Gaskell's departure.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/25814250
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

He was obviously only worth a one year contract. Nearly finished he was when he left us...
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Clermont seem to be determined to offload some of their older players in advance of next season. Hines, Byrne, Sivivatu, Vosloo and Vermuelen have all confirmed their departure and there are probably a few more to go yet.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote:He was obviously only worth a one year contract. Nearly finished he was when he left us...
I kind of hate myself for saying this because I love Hines, and I know we did sign Thorn for a short while, but I don't think Toner would be having the season he's having now and becoming an important player for Ireland if Hines had stayed any longer.

It's funny, I don't actually think Toner has improved dramatically over the last few years but just being trusted to be first choice and playing more regularly (not that he he hadn't racked up a lot of appearances but they would sort of come in fits and starts and obviously Leo and Hines were first choice and Mal was knocking around before that as well) have done wonders for his confidence. He's always looked really good after a run of games.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:He was obviously only worth a one year contract. Nearly finished he was when he left us...
I kind of hate myself for saying this because I love Hines, and I know we did sign Thorn for a short while, but I don't think Toner would be having the season he's having now and becoming an important player for Ireland if Hines had stayed any longer.

It's funny, I don't actually think Toner has improved dramatically over the last few years but just being trusted to be first choice and playing more regularly (not that he he hadn't racked up a lot of appearances but they would sort of come in fits and starts and obviously Leo and Hines were first choice and Mal was knocking around before that as well) have done wonders for his confidence. He's always looked really good after a run of games.
He looked like he was running in treacle on top of quicksand for a while there.

While not a massively dynamic carrier he wins more collisions later in games due to his weight and tiring defenders.

Also that dummy and run for a Kearney(?) try and the option to have him compete at our restarts now is a big positive for him.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Toner always looked better towards the start of the season when he had a run of starts, not being an international and kept back. I actually felt that the training schedule might have had something to do with that. He had a lot of games for us anyway as you say but yes, he tended not to get the big ones at the pointy end of the season.

I'm happy enough with our lock options and wouldn't rewind a thing. I was merely commenting on ageist thinking really. It's great to see Wagga doing the business at that age.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

fourthirtythree wrote:Toner always looked better towards the start of the season when he had a run of starts, not being an international and kept back. I actually felt that the training schedule might have had something to do with that. He had a lot of games for us anyway as you say but yes, he tended not to get the big ones at the pointy end of the season.

I'm happy enough with our lock options and wouldn't rewind a thing. I was merely commenting on ageist thinking really. It's great to see Wagga doing the business at that age.
He played a decent amount of league and can offload which is an extra talent to add to enforcing, being niggly and abrasive.