Connacht Thread 12-13

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

porterbelly
Bookworm

Re: Connacht Thread 12-13

Post by porterbelly »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
porterbelly wrote:Sean O Brien, a Galway lad who captained Roscrea has a big rep as a 2nd row/8. Still u20 but big things expected in the future.
With a name like that, he's bound to be good
He is by all accounts, Tony Ward was giving him rave reviews from school games

Will be first year academy

Another lad who could possibly break through is Mark Roche from Lansdowne, he'll also be in the academy next season
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

porterbelly wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote:
porterbelly wrote:Sean O Brien, a Galway lad who captained Roscrea has a big rep as a 2nd row/8. Still u20 but big things expected in the future.
With a name like that, he's bound to be good
He is by all accounts, Tony Ward was giving him rave reviews from school games

Will be first year academy

Another lad who could possibly break through is Mark Roche from Lansdowne, he'll also be in the academy next season
the dream of a team of Sean O'Briens gets a step closer
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

simonokeeffe wrote:

the dream of a team of Sean O'Briens gets a step closer
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just caught the end of the Crusaders-Chiefs game, but from listening to the analysis afterwards Craig Clarke seems to have been immense for them.

Connacht might just have bagged themselves a talisman here to really build a team around.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Donny B. wrote:Just caught the end of the Crusaders-Chiefs game, but from listening to the analysis afterwards Craig Clarke seems to have been immense for them.

Connacht might just have bagged themselves a talisman here to really build a team around.
That and they seemed to have ditched TicketF**kers and gone for tickets.ie. Oh a world without handling charges.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

So. The back to back Super Rugby champions captain will be playing for Connacht in a few weeks eh? Feckers are hard enough to beat as it is....
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Think he could well be their Rocky/Isa, I'd say we won't hear too much more from people who were giving out about a certain second row moving east.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:Think he could well be their Rocky/Isa, I'd say we won't hear too much more from people who were giving out about a certain second row moving east.
They've done really well out of it in the end. Clarke was class again yesterday.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I see Dave Moore got released. Without the clichéd 'he just didnt have what it takes for professional rugby' line could anyone down the west tell me what the story was. I know he saw very little game time last season maybe as little as the odd sub appearance due to Marmion being an ever present. His service seemed lightning quick when he was coming through the under age ranks (obviously not the only barometer for a scrumhalfs effectiveness but not a bad attribute either) and I would have thought he had more potential then POD at this stage in both their careers. Anyone know if he is intending on sticking with the pro game? Cheers.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

A friend of mine trained with Moore for one of the underage Leinster sides and his service was so fast that one pass hit him straight in the face before he could catch it.

Thought his game management was quite poor. Great pace and great pass but if he wasn't on the front foot or didn't have space then I don't think he was great. He looked brilliant at schools level but I suppose that was partly down to how good the rest of that side were, apart from Belvo they pretty much destroyed everyone else. Would have thought his flaws were coachable though and by all accounts he's a very hard worker so I'm surprised it didn't happen for him. I really thought himself and POD would be experiences leinster players by now and would have complimented each other perfectly. Shame.
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:A friend of mine trained with Moore for one of the underage Leinster sides and his service was so fast that one pass hit him straight in the face before he could catch it.
I could see that becoming a problem, especially with the aging Dan Parks at 10. Never good to repeatedly break the OH's nose (unless you're the opposition 7). :D
We're all red on the inside.
porterbelly
Bookworm

Post by porterbelly »

OTT wrote:I see Dave Moore got released. Without the clichéd 'he just didnt have what it takes for professional rugby' line could anyone down the west tell me what the story was. I know he saw very little game time last season maybe as little as the odd sub appearance due to Marmion being an ever present. His service seemed lightning quick when he was coming through the under age ranks (obviously not the only barometer for a scrumhalfs effectiveness but not a bad attribute either) and I would have thought he had more potential then POD at this stage in both their careers. Anyone know if he is intending on sticking with the pro game? Cheers.
Bad attitude, bad trainer. Arrogant. Too big for his boots. A few misdemeanours involving the law.

He also showed nothing when he got opportunities.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

porterbelly wrote: Bad attitude, bad trainer. Arrogant. Too big for his boots.
Sooooo...a scrumhalf?
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Sooooo...a scrumhalf?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ceemec wrote:
Sooooo...a scrumhalf?
:lol:
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Connacht's tries from the friendly against Castres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNBf_Xya3EA