Top 14 2012-13

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

leinster4life13
Mullet

Re: Top 14 2012-13

Post by leinster4life13 »

Toulon score at the death, Wilko does his usual. 35-16. Score is harsh on Tolouse.

Toulouse lost because they had a slightly worse 10. Beauxis and Wilko are passengers in both teams.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:Toulon score at the death, Wilko does his usual. 35-16. Score is harsh on Tolouse.

Toulouse lost because they had a slightly worse 10. Beauxis and Wilko are passengers in both teams.
Jonny's dg has planet rugby calling for his inclusion in the lions squad.
http://www.planetrugby.com/lions-09/sto ... 89,00.html

Have to say, i could think of worse ideas.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
leinster4life13
Mullet

Peg Leg wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:Toulon score at the death, Wilko does his usual. 35-16. Score is harsh on Tolouse.

I could think of a worse Idea too, O'Gara. Wilko's shot, his team carry him. He essentially slots DG's and kicks points and he has no range on his kicks. Chris Paterson and any other retired kicking machine with no other facet to their game could go in there and do the same job. Ive watched about half of Toulons games in the Top14 and he just about gets them over the edge, he offers nothing and in fast paced games he gets found out. To beat Toulon all you need to do is run the ball and force them to actually use Wilkinson as more than a boot and things rapidly grind to a halt for them. Beauxis actually looked like a better 10 when he decided to actually play rugby as opposed to trying to murder the ball.
That article is just troll bait. In fact I'm going over right now to register my displeasure at such an idiotic suggestion.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

I could think of a worse Idea too, O'Gara. Wilko's shot, his team carry him. He essentially slots DG's and kicks points and he has no range on his kicks. Chris Paterson and any other retired kicking machine with no other facet to their game could go in there and do the same job. Ive watched about half of Toulons games in the Top14 and he just about gets them over the edge, he offers nothing and in fast paced games he gets found out. To beat Toulon all you need to do is run the ball and force them to actually use Wilkinson as more than a boot and things rapidly grind to a halt for them. Beauxis actually looked like a better 10 when he decided to actually play rugby as opposed to trying to murder the ball.
That article is just troll bait. In fact I'm going over right now to register my displeasure at such an idiotic suggestion.
I wouldnt expect him to play, but like the idea of daddy wilko being around. This might be a side effect of me enormous hang over! Think ill have a bit ofa cry now.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
leinster4life13
Mullet

I think the Nz'rs description of Wilko sums him up perfectly...."the kicking flanker"

ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Another big win for Racing last night away to Montpellier. That should almost seal HEC rugby for next season. 8 wins in a row now and they have Castres and Toulouse still to come to Paris. The way things are going, a top three finish is looking quite a strong possibility. Beat Toulouse at home and they should leapfrog them.

The game was most notable for a completely freak incident where the referee got tangled with a couple of players and suffered a double fracture of his leg. Horrific accident and apparently he was in massive agony on the field. Ugh.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

slight tangent but BOP not getting automatic HC place as looks likely means Munster will be a top tier HC side next season
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

simonokeeffe wrote:slight tangent but BOP not getting automatic HC place as looks likely means Munster will be a top tier HC side next season
Yup, doesn't look like they can make up that gap even if France gets an extra spot. I think the only other result that would stop Munster would be Quins winning the entire thing which won't happen given they've to visit France in the semi final. The rankings are starting to be a little more reflective of the current situation in European rugby but it's a bit undermining when Saracens are third seeds and Quins second seeds. A pool of Clermont, Quins, Glasgow and Racing may still be possible.

Montpellier are suddenly looking very vulnerable from being one of the most solid sides in the league. They've to play Grenoble away next. If they lose that they will only be one defeat away from finishing 8th.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

ceemec wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:slight tangent but BOP not getting automatic HC place as looks likely means Munster will be a top tier HC side next season
Yup, doesn't look like they can make up that gap even if France gets an extra spot. I think the only other result that would stop Munster would be Quins winning the entire thing which won't happen given they've to visit France in the semi final. The rankings are starting to be a little more reflective of the current situation in European rugby but it's a bit undermining when Saracens are third seeds and Quins second seeds. A pool of Clermont, Quins, Glasgow and Racing may still be possible.

Montpellier are suddenly looking very vulnerable from being one of the most solid sides in the league. They've to play Grenoble away next. If they lose that they will only be one defeat away from finishing 8th.
Glad to see them drop places I lost all respect for Montpellier, and Toulon for that matter, after their spineless actions in the last weekend of the HEC group stages. Just didn't sit right with me.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

1. Toulon 76 ERC 6
2. Clermont Auvergne 74 erc 4
3. Toulouse 64 erc 2
4. Castres 58 erc 25
5. Racing Metro Paris 58 erc 26
6. Perpignan 55 erc 16

7. Montpellier 55 erc 20 (points to go up significantly with 1/4 final)

8. Grenoble 48
9. Stade Francais 46
10. Biarritz 43
11. Bayonne 41
12. Bordeaux-Begles 31
13. Agen 27
14. Mont de Marsan 15

HC wise Castres and RMP in tier 4, Perpignan and Montpellier 3, Toulon, Toulouse, CA tier 1
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

TerenureJim wrote:
ceemec wrote:

Glad to see them drop places I lost all respect for Montpellier, and Toulon for that matter, after their spineless actions in the last weekend of the HEC group stages. Just didn't sit right with me.
What did Montpelier do? They played an absolutely great match, and thumped a disinterested Toulon.

Have always looked our for them since the trip down there last season.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

leinster4life13 wrote: I could think of a worse Idea too, O'Gara.
I'm still laughing at this. December 1st, 2012, under the Headline: Gatland waits for missing faces to complete his pride of Lions

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gatland ... 299?page=2
Outhalf (3)

Jonathan Sexton (Ireland)
Jonny Wilkinson (England)
Owen Farrell (England)

With a limit on numbers, there seems sure to be a slot for a goalkicking outhalf cum centre ala James Hook in ’09, but this time that might be filled by Farrell. Confidence at a low ebb and the primary target of a critical Welsh social media, Rhys Priestland will need to be rebuilt. Wilkinson runs the risk of attracting a media circus, but if he maintains his form with Toulon he may be impossible to resist. A certain Cork man can’t be ruled out entirely either.
Rémy63
Bookworm

Post by Rémy63 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZTVrKYI0DM

The new victory of Clermont (2) vs Castres (4). Classy try from Sivivatu.

Missing a penalty try from Clermont on a scrum.
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
Rémy63
Bookworm

Post by Rémy63 »

"Worst Olympic Game Ever"