Welsh double header

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Welsh double header

Post by simonokeeffe »

we're really starting to see a 2 tier Pro12 emerge with Irish big 3, hairsprays, Glasgow and maybe Scarlets in tier 1

Knoyle meant to be off too from Scarlets

league is starting to get a bit boring with a lot of huge home wins for top tier
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I would love to see some out of the box thinking with Double Headers. For instance.

How about 2 Irish Teams playing against 2 Welsh Teams in the Millenium. If Leinster and Munster were to play Scarlets and Blues on the same double header I would imagine it would be a good day out for all involved.

There is also the chance of the 2 Italian teams putting this sort of thing either at home or Scotland and Wales. It could be advertised along 6 Nations lines to build hype and given enough notice I envisage people travelling.

Anything to get bums on seats.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

IanD wrote:I would love to see some out of the box thinking with Double Headers. For instance.

How about 2 Irish Teams playing against 2 Welsh Teams in the Millenium. If Leinster and Munster were to play Scarlets and Blues on the same double header I would imagine it would be a good day out for all involved.

There is also the chance of the 2 Italian teams putting this sort of thing either at home or Scotland and Wales. It could be advertised along 6 Nations lines to build hype and given enough notice I envisage people travelling.

Good shout actually
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Darce wrote:
IanD wrote:I would love to see some out of the box thinking with Double Headers. For instance.

Good shout actually
You sound surprised. :wink:
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

IanD wrote:
Darce wrote:

Good shout actually
You sound surprised. :wink:
Only that I hadn't thought of it myself!!!!
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on