RIP Nevin Spence

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Fridays child

Re: RIP Nevin Spence

Post by Fridays child »

Really saddened and shocked to hear the news of Nevin's death and that of his brother and Father. What a tragedy for his family and friends and for the rugby family. I think we really should do something to mark our condolences at the up coming game.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

A class act as a player and as a man. I really believe that Spence had the potential to become one of the greatest Irish centres of all time. This is tragic news. RIP
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Tragic news, absolutely heart-breaking. What a horrific accident. RIP
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Shocking news. My sympathies to the Spence family members who will be distraught at the calamity. Nevin was a truly exciting player with a great future. It is a secondary issue but I feel for Ulster supporters too. Peace be to his soul.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

:(

Utterly Horrific. Thoughts and prayers are with Nevin's Mum, Sister, extended family and Ulster Rugby at this devastating time.

Would echo the thoughts about chanting Stand Up For The Ulster Man next week in tribute.

RIP
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Ulster's Best
Bookworm

Post by Ulster's Best »

In tears typing this. Just feeling numb and physically sick. He came to our attention as a rugby player and matched that talent with being a fine young man - an honest, modest, genuine good young lad who would have brought such honour to his family over the next number of years on and off the field. Now unbelievably he is gone and the family has been decimated. A dreadful dark day for the Irish rugby family but how much more so for close friends and family - our thoughts go to them all.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

For any of you who wish to do so, you can post your condolences on their site at the below link:

http://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... &start=105
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I don't know if the next week's round of games should even go ahead after a player has died in such tragic circumstances.

Still trying to get my head around this. 22 years old. He was on Twitter yesterday after having lunch with Sean Dougal. Surreal.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Unbelievable news, so incredibly tragic for the family above all else to loose three members in such a way. He was a real talent, had the right balance of skill, pace, aggression, and that little bit of extra magic that marked him out as one to watch who would have done incredible things in an Irish jersey.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Terribly sad news. A very talented player, but more importantly, a young man with his entire life ahead of him has been taken from us. May he Rest In Peace.
I have Bumbleflex
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

RIP Nevin. Terrible news. My heart goes out to his mother.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:terrible news, great player and thats horrendous for any family to have to suffer

know its only a small gesture on our (Leinster fans) part, and one of many we can make, but after his minutes silence in the RDS next weekend lets make sure we give him the biggest round of applause/cheer/send off/show of appreciation we can
Was thinking something similar myself - perhaps we could 'Stand Up For The Ulster Man'
Good call Xanthippe.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Tragic stuff.
3 Gold Stars
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

No words really, just incredibly sad news. Thoughts go out to the rest of the family, friends and wider Ulster Rugby Community. R.I.P. Nevin, Graham and Noel.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I saw an interview with Nevin and his sister a while ago. She's an artist and has done loads of paintings of the Ulster lads. Not only were they very talented but they seemed incredibly nice and were clearly a very close and loving family. It really did make you feel good watching it. The fact that they all tried so hard to save each other speaks volumes about the kind of people they were/are. I just can't imagine the pain that their mother must be in now and how his sister will feel when she wakes up and hopefully makes a full recovery, absolutely heartbreaking.

As a rugby player I loved the fact that he was all action and always gave absolutely everything. He wasn't just a bosh merchant though, had a great eye for a gap and quick feet. It's tragic to lose him so young but his family can be proud of what he had already achieved in his young life.

My heart goes out to all their family and friends.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

What an awful tragedy, RIP
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Jackal
Bookworm

Post by Jackal »

Really saddened to hear this this morning. Was a great prospect in rugby but accidents like this really put sport and life in perspective. He was only a couple of years younger than myself and it really makes you think about things. I can't even begin to think what their mother is going through today but my thoughts and prayers are with her
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Mods - any chance of a tribute on the front page?
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Thoughts are with family and friends. Rest in Peace.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Awful news, great prospect and a lovely lovely lad - very honest and modest too. Thoughts and prayers with his family, friends and with ulster rugby. Would be great if we could get a round of SUFTM going at the home game. RIP
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Degz wrote:Mods - any chance of a tribute on the front page?
Good idea. Done. http://www.leinsterfans.com/
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.