"Doping" in rugby?

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

leinster4life13
Mullet

Re: "Doping" in rugby?

Post by leinster4life13 »

paddyor wrote:No Commonwealth games for Warburton. Wonder where this will end?
When there is no money in sports, doping will fade away, until then, legalise it, waste of time testing, when you have money and livelihoods on the line, "cheating" will be endemic
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

legalised steroids worked out so well in pro wrestling :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Terribly unfair on young people who are urged to push past what they think is possible, past pain, at every point to be successful to also allow them to decide to take any drugs out there. It's like concussion decisions being taken out of athletes hands. They need to be protected from themselves.

Where's Florence Griffith Joyner these days? She doped hard.
leinster4life13
Mullet

simonokeeffe wrote:legalised steroids worked out so well in pro wrestling :D
LOL, they arent athletes, every pro sport and athletics is rife with usage, with minimal sides, its already happening, anyone claiming different is either willfully ignorant or in denial.
fourthirtythree wrote:Terribly unfair on young people who are urged to push past what they think is possible, past pain, at every point to be successful to also allow them to decide to take any drugs out there. It's like concussion decisions being taken out of athletes hands. They need to be protected from themselves.

HAHA, they do this already, its nothing to do with doping, all you just said is legal and ENCOURAGED by rpo sports, yet doping is "bad", steroids and gh actually help the body heal, but are bad, masking is pain is good though? the hypocrisy is laughable.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

fourthirtythree wrote:Where's Florence Griffith Joyner these days? She doped hard.
I take it you know the answer.

I'm curious as to how many East German female athletes are now men from so much testosterone.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

leinster4life13 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:legalised steroids worked out so well in pro wrestling :D
LOL, they arent athletes, every pro sport and athletics is rife with usage, with minimal sides, its already happening, anyone claiming different is either willfully ignorant or in denial.
fourthirtythree wrote:Terribly unfair on young people who are urged to push past what they think is possible, past pain, at every point to be successful to also allow them to decide to take any drugs out there. It's like concussion decisions being taken out of athletes hands. They need to be protected from themselves.

HAHA, they do this already, its nothing to do with doping, all you just said is legal and ENCOURAGED by rpo sports, yet doping is "bad", steroids and gh actually help the body heal, but are bad, masking is pain is good though? the hypocrisy is laughable.
I see a class action lawsuit on the yankee horizon.......
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Morf wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Where's Florence Griffith Joyner these days? She doped hard.

I'm curious as to how many East German female athletes are now men from so much testosterone.
Flo Jo. Ain't she brown bread?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Alternative Ulster wrote:
Morf wrote:

Flo Jo. Ain't she brown bread?
Haz mat site!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

leinster4life13 wrote:
When there is no money in sports, doping will fade away, until then, legalise it, waste of time testing, when you have money and livelihoods on the line, "cheating" will be endemic
Please tell me you are not in any way involved in coaching or playing rugby.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Who could ever have known that Lance Armstrong posts on this here board
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
leinster4life13
Mullet

the spoofer wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:
Please tell me you are not in any way involved in coaching or playing rugby.
Are you utterly naive? you are either old, very young or know nothing about high level sport.
cormac wrote:Who could ever have known that Lance Armstrong posts on this here board
Lance is unfairly maligned, tabloids built him up when he was obviously doping along with everyone else, and then tore him down when it was convenient. Anyone who was "let down" or "shocked that a pro athlete was doping is a moron.

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

leinster4life13 wrote: Lance is unfairly maligned, tabloids built him up when he was obviously doping along with everyone else, and then tore him down when it was convenient. Anyone who was "let down" or "shocked that a pro athlete was doping is a moron.
Please, please tell me you're kidding. He's a ruthless sociopath who was willing to ruin as many lives as necessary to maintain the highly lucrative fairy tale that he was a clean rider.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Please tell me you are not in any way involved in coaching or playing rugby.[/quote]
Are you utterly naive? you are either old, very young or know nothing about high level sport.
cormac wrote:Who could ever have known that Lance Armstrong posts on this here board
Lance is unfairly maligned, tabloids built him up when he was obviously doping along with everyone else, and then tore him down when it was convenient. Anyone who was "let down" or "shocked that a pro athlete was doping is a moron.[/quote]

You are right, I'm old. Old enough to have kids who play rugby. That is why I wouldn't want you anywhere near them either as a coach or player. I also wouldn't want to coach kids who play against you or against a team coached by you.

To put it bluntly, I don't want you anywhere near the game of rugby. The closest you should get to rugby is this site.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Victor Costelloe quit olympic shotputting over doping (by others)

Anything youd like to say to him?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

the spoofer wrote:
You are right, I'm old. Old enough to have kids who play rugby. That is why I wouldn't want you anywhere near them either as a coach or player. I also wouldn't want to coach kids who play against you or against a team coached by you.

To put it bluntly, I don't want you anywhere near the game of rugby. The closest you should get to rugby is this site.
+1
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:Victor Costelloe quit olympic shotputting over doping (by others)

Can't I just clap and enjoy the fanfare on reaching my destination?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Victor Costelloe quit olympic shotputting over doping (by others)

no you have to buy scratchcards too
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote:

no you have to buy scratchcards too
There's always a scratch . . .
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Just sayin.....
Promising young Ulster centre.....
Alternative Ulster
Graduate