"Doping" in rugby?

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: "Doping" in rugby?

Post by simonokeeffe »

and in typical Ulster fashion theres two orange cones and only one green one :wink:

why are the players wearing Gladiators (Tv show) style man boob bra muscle tops
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Hopefully just creatine and dedication
or they could just dedicate themselves to consuming their own body weight in creatine every day and end up like this guy

www.jameshaskell.com/
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

the spoofer wrote:
You are right, I'm old. Old enough to have kids who play rugby. That is why I wouldn't want you anywhere near them either as a coach or player. I also wouldn't want to coach kids who play against you or against a team coached by you.

To put it bluntly, I don't want you anywhere near the game of rugby. The closest you should get to rugby is this site.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
leinster4life13
Mullet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIiIKB7uDCc

good doc(if you haven't seen it) for anyone who isnt a voting, mass attending, Helen Lovejoy/ conservative old fart.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

leinster4life13 wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
You are right, I'm old. Old enough to have kids who play rugby. That is why I wouldn't want you anywhere near them either as a coach or player. I also wouldn't want to coach kids who play against you or against a team coached by you.

To put it bluntly, I don't want you anywhere near the game of rugby. The closest you should get to rugby is this site.
That's a pretty disgusting sentiment you're pedling.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

leinster4life13
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

That's a pretty disgusting sentiment you're pedling.
Disgusting? Expecting pro sports to instill values in kids is a disgusting sentiment, being honest and wanting the reality of pro sports to be discussed and organised in the open is rational and mature, sticking your head in the sand and hiding behind your kids because you are too idiotic, scared or lazy to raise them, is pathetic and disgusting, raise your own f%~king kids, I'm not responsible for their actions.

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Yep, you think you're being pragmatic but you haven't a clue what this implies. You expect because someone is a pro athlete they should stick any old shite in their bodies? Things are bad enough with the head trauma legacy that's coming down the track.

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

leinster4life13 wrote:anyone who isnt a voting, mass attending, Helen Lovejoy/ conservative old fart.
Is there a word missing there or are you proudly proclaiming your lack of participation in the democratic process?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

leinster4life13 wrote: raise your own f%~king kids, I'm not responsible for their actions.
But you're happy to encourage them to dope for success.

Doping is a weak act. The act of a coward. The act of someone who wants to skip the effort and take a shortcut rather than earning it. It takes a huge amount of delusion, aided by apologists like yourself, for a doper to believe they deserve their success. If you don't respect the competition how can you respect the prize?
Pro 12 Champions 14!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Broken Wing wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote: raise your own f%~king kids, I'm not responsible for their actions.
But you're happy to encourage them to dope for success.

Doping is a weak act. The act of a coward. The act of someone who wants to skip the effort and take a shortcut rather than earning it. It takes a huge amount of delusion, aided by apologists like yourself, for a doper to believe they deserve their success. If you don't respect the competition how can you respect the prize?
+1
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Just sayin..... [Olding photo]
In fairness to the lad, he injured his ACL nine months ago, which doesn't preclude you from doing any upper body weights.

He's a 21 year old professional athlete. Any dedicated lifter can make big gains in both size and strength at that age, and when you take into account the fact that it's his job to train, and he doesn't have to 'take time out' to play rugby and recover from it, it doesn't surprise me that he's put on so much muscle mass. He's in a really good working environment – good advice on nutrition, good trainers, good lifting partners who provide a lot of positive peer pressure, a great gym, and a big goal to aim for.
leinster4life13
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:Yep, you think you're being pragmatic but you haven't a clue what this implies. You expect because someone is a pro athlete they should stick any old shite in their bodies? Things are bad enough with the head trauma legacy that's coming down the track.
No, thats why it should be legalised, you have some athletes with access to top class chemist and the ones who dont putting the wrong thing in their bodies and getting caught, Chilliboy Rallepelle is a recent example of this, given the wrong compound and fails a test as a result. Pro Athletes are going to dope, its a fact, nothing, bar return to amateur status, will change that. The best we can do is regulate as much as we can, as opposed to having individuals doing their own thing and possibly hurting their bodies. PEDs are endemic, anyone who thinks they aren't hasn't a clue.
Broken Wing wrote: But you're happy to encourage them to dope for success.

Ignorant comment, you think Lance didnt bust his b*%&!cks? You think NFL players dont bust their b*%&!cks, you think league players, olympians dont work their hole off to get where they are, simply because they have chemicals aiding their recovery? If anything, they work twice as hard as non enchanced athletes. That whole skipping the effort and drugs as a shortcut shows you know next to nothing about how PED's work or anything about pro athletes who use them.

leinster4life13
Mullet

Broken Wing wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:anyone who isnt a voting, mass attending, Helen Lovejoy/ conservative old fart.
Is there a word missing there or are you proudly proclaiming your lack of participation in the democratic process?
I dont vote in party elections, but that wasn't my point, I just think the type of person I described above would be one who would proudly proclaim their status as a voter of *whatever shower of shitebags you want, they are all the same* political party, as well as attending mass, buying newspapers, watching RTE, etc etc and generally worrying about what other people do, as opposed to letting people do whatever they want, so long as it doesn't affect them, like doping in sports or any other personal freedom issue.

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

leinster4life13 wrote:

Ignorant comment, you think Lance didnt bust his b*%&!cks? You think NFL players dont bust their b*%&!cks, you think league players, olympians dont work their hole off to get where they are, simply because they have chemicals aiding their recovery? If anything, they work twice as hard as non enchanced athletes. That whole skipping the effort and drugs as a shortcut shows you know next to nothing about how PED's work or anything about pro athletes who use them.
Yes, I'm sure Lance did bust his b*%&!cks but clearly busting his b*%&!cks wasn't enough so he cheated rather than bust his b*%&!cks more. Would he have won anything without his drugs? We'll never know and nor will he so everything he achieved by busting his b*%&!cks was completely wasted.

You call it "aiding their recovery" but that's just a bullsh1t excuse for cheating.

Plenty of NFL players, league players and Olympians get where they are purely on busting their b*%&!cks. Clearly they are working harder than the cheats since they achieve greatness without buying it in a test tube.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
leinster4life13
Mullet

Broken Wing wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure Lance did bust his b*%&!cks but clearly busting his b*%&!cks wasn't enough so he cheated rather than bust his b*%&!cks more. Would he have won anything without his drugs? We'll never know and nor will he so everything he achieved by busting his b*%&!cks was completely wasted.

You call it "aiding their recovery" but that's just a bullsh1t excuse for cheating.

Plenty of NFL players, league players and Olympians get where they are purely on busting their b*%&!cks. Clearly they are working harder than the cheats since they achieve greatness without buying it in a test tube.
LOL, what time does Santa Claus visit your house? No top athlete is clean, hard work doesn't cut it, everyone works hard, you don't win prizes for being the hardest worker. Lance won because he was the best, everyone else was doping as seen in Lances comeback in 09, where he was doping but was beaten by younger and better guys on the same drugs he was. All drugs do is aid your recovery from training and enable you to work harder, its not cheating, its a training/dietary aid, cheating is tripping someone up, pulling them back, crashing their bike, sabotaging their prep or equipment, not taking a substance to help you recover and train harder.

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

at what point does aiding recovery become performance enhancing?
who has drawn that line in the sand?
what is totally natural athlete?
if you have surgery to fix your naturally injured knee are you not aiding recovery and enhancing future performance?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Not long left in silly season, thankfully.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote: LOL, what time does Santa Claus visit your house? No top athlete is clean, hard work doesn't cut it, everyone works hard, you don't win prizes for being the hardest worker. Lance won because he was the best, everyone else was doping as seen in Lances comeback in 09, where he was doping but was beaten by younger and better guys on the same drugs he was. All drugs do is aid your recovery from training and enable you to work harder, its not cheating, its a training/dietary aid, cheating is tripping someone up, pulling them back, crashing their bike, sabotaging their prep or equipment, not taking a substance to help you recover and train harder.
Using PED's is sabotaging everyone else's prep
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

leinster4life13 wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:Plenty of NFL players, league players and Olympians get where they are purely on busting their b*%&!cks. Clearly they are working harder than the cheats since they achieve greatness without buying it in a test tube.
LOL, what time does Santa Claus visit your house? No top athlete is clean, hard work doesn't cut it, everyone works hard, you don't win prizes for being the hardest worker. Lance won because he was the best, everyone else was doping as seen in Lances comeback in 09, where he was doping but was beaten by younger and better guys on the same drugs he was. All drugs do is aid your recovery from training and enable you to work harder, its not cheating, its a training/dietary aid, cheating is tripping someone up, pulling them back, crashing their bike, sabotaging their prep or equipment, not taking a substance to help you recover and train harder.
It's pretty clear that you're the one living in fairy land if you honestly believe that no top athlete is clean. Of course it aids your "it's not cheating" delusion to believe the fantasy that they're all it. It's just another version of the standard level the playing field lie trotted out by cheats when caught.

You say "All drugs do is aid your recovery from training and enable you to work harder" but that's clearly giving the drug cheat an advantage over the clean athlete who only trains to their own limitations and not to the enhanced limitations handed to them by a syringe. That's cheating, not matter how you dress it up. If Performance Enhancing Drugs didn't enhance performance then drug cheats wouldn't take them. By definition they enable cheating athletes to perform better than they can without them.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

goreyguy wrote:at what point does aiding recovery become performance enhancing?
who has drawn that line in the sand?
what is totally natural athlete?
if you have surgery to fix your naturally injured knee are you not aiding recovery and enhancing future performance?
There are rules in sport. The rules say you may not take these drugs. If you take these drugs you are a cheat and you are banned. That's the difference between a drugs cheat and someone who has surgery to repair a knee.
Pro 12 Champions 14!