Michael Cheika Speaks!

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

jpwoz
Bookworm

Michael Cheika Speaks!

Post by jpwoz »

He speaks to Alan Jones

http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/5974
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Michael Cheika Speaks!

Post by blockhead »

Alan Jones...."He went to England to coach Leinster" and "who were an awful team".
Next time I'm in that prisoner colony I'm gonna give that bloke an atomic wedgie! :evil:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

He is a muppet (Jones), but in fairness it's widely accepted that when Cheika took the Leinster job we were an absolute shambles and he built the club from the ground up. Not surprising that he's a successful business man as he was behind turning Leinster into a successful business and eventually a winning team, culminating in the Heineken Cup. Sure, we sacraficed our natural playing style a bit, but he made us a well drilled, hard as nails team and a much smarter team. Best of luck to him, he deserved better in France.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Bear in mind that Alan Jones is a cretin of the highest order. He is Australia's answer to Rush Limbaugh and shock jock radio. He recently said the Australian PM's father had died of shame because of her "lying". :?

It's a shame to have Jones associated with rugby.
jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

More from the boofheads at 2KY

http://media.sky.apac.kitd.com/streamin ... J0jDzm.mp3

and at the end of the " Cracking the codes"

http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2012 ... odes-.html
jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

He speaks about Fridays game and looks to unload on the refs!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-01/i ... tion=sport
jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

jpwoz
Bookworm

Post by jpwoz »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/w ... -1.1777650
New South Wales Waratahs coach Michael Cheika has been given a suspended six-month ban by Super Rugby’s governing body after he admitted abusing a cameraman in South Africa during a Super Rugby match in late March.

Cheika was charged with misconduct for using crude, insulting or abusive language, a breach of Sanzar’s code of conduct, during his team’s defeat to the Sharks in Durban.

Judicial officer Nigel Hampton found that Cheika had abused the cameraman at least twice shortly after halftime, with accompanied finger pointing, and swore at him on at least one further occasion.

He also found Cheika’s evidence “unconvincing”, that false accusations and fabricated witness evidence were made on his behalf, but that while the abuse was unprovoked and disturbing, it was not threatening.

“This matter bears a number of striking similarities with past instances, particularly the use of foul and abusive language towards those charged with running a match and the propensity of Mr Cheika to behave in this manner is disturbing,” Hampton said.

“Given his previous record and the factual findings of the investigation, I regard this as a serious offence and do not see it as a result of any provocation, nor is there any excuse for it.”

Cheika admitted using “stern” language on at least one occasion.

The ban is suspended until August 31st, 2015, with Cheika ordered to pay costs and apologise to the cameraman.

Cheika was given a warning by Sanzar during the 2013 season and was handed a large fine for abusing match officials during and after Stade Francais’ loss to Harlequins in the final of the 2011 Amlin Cup, Europe’s second-tier rugby competition.

Two weeks before the Sharks match Cheika, who was given 48-hours to appeal the decision, broke a glass door at Canberra Stadium
He didn't pick up any of that kind of behaviour here.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

He's lost the plot a bit I sense. I don't like to speculate about anything outside of rugby, but really I think he needs to get his anger issues under control. I witnessed it first hand in 2011 after Quins beat Stade Francais with a last minute try in the Amlin final, I was sitting right above the tunnel and there was quite a scene which wasn't picked up on at the time. I think he left Leinster after quite a dressing down after the Magners League final loss to Ospreys also.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I think a few players have gone on record to say they've never been bollocked out of it like Chieks b*%&!cks you out of it!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:Alan Jones...."He went to England to coach Leinster" and "who were an awful team".
Next time I'm in that prisoner colony I'm gonna give that bloke an atomic wedgie! :evil:
He'd certainly be glowing afterwards. :twisted:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Jacques Poitgeiter sic has been raving about Cheika in interviews, saying best coach he ever had and doesnt want to go back to SA
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon