Troy Nathan released from Glasgow

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Troy Nathan released from Glasgow

Post by Peg Leg »

Hope he manages to pick up a club
Glasgow Warriors Troy Nathan is to leave the club after Saturday's Heineken Cup match against Northampton Saints.

With Nathan's regular position in the centre becoming an extremely competitive spot this season the two parties have agreed his release from the club.

Since joining Glasgow Warriors in 2011, Nathan has had 17 RaboDirect PRO12 appearances, four Heineken Cup appearances and scored two tries.

"I'm sorry to be leaving before the end of the season," said Nathan.

"I've enjoyed my time in Glasgow and I wish the Warriors squad all the best with the current campaign and beyond.

"I haven't found another club yet, but I've never been fitter and I'm optimistic about the future."

Head coach Gregor Townsend said: "Given the strength and depth that we now have in our midfield, Troy's opportunities this season have been limited.

"With that in mind, both parties have agreed that it would be in Troy's best interests to move on so that he can focus on securing his future at another club.

"We thank Troy for his contribution to Glasgow Warriors and wish him continued success in his future career."

Also, German Araoz completed his contract with the Warriors on Tuesday having spent almost three months at the club.

"We'd like to thank German for coming to Glasgow at a time when a number of our props were injured," said Townsend.

"Though it is great to see Ed Kalman and Jon Welsh now return to fitness, German has been extremely valuable to us on and off the pitch.

"We wish him all the best with his future career."
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan