Dr Phil to retire

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Dr Phil to retire

Post by RavenhillRaider »

Argentina and Stade Français fly-half Felipe Contepomi has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.

One of the finest number tens in world rugby over the past decade, Contepomi will now return to Argentina to begin his career as a doctor.

The 35-year old was part of Leinster's Heineken Cup winning campaign in 2009, although he missed the final due to injury.

He was part of the famous Argentinian side that made it to the semi-finals of the 2007 Rugby World Cup, winning 79 caps for his country scoring 631 points.

Contepomi began his career in Europe with Bristol in 1999, before linking up with Leinster, Toulon and finally Stade in 2011.

"At 35, I've had a great career and have enjoyed it," said Contepomi.

"I always had fun but I have had a few injuries recently and that makes the training sessions harder, especially on Mondays and Tuesday.

"It is a difficult decision but I will go back to Argentina and begin my career as a doctor.

"This is a life decision. Now I will savour every minute, every training session. That is the key."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 54,00.html
BOD is GOD!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Dr Phil to retire

Post by simonokeeffe »

would love him to become a team doctor and start fights with players who came too near while he was treating somebody, team doctor v POM, North, Harryordinary's dad would be something

IAS great player and were so lucky he stayed with us (to study) when he wasnt HC registered and Deccie not picking him
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:would love him to become a team doctor and start fights with players who came too near while he was treating somebody, team doctor v POM, North, Harryordinary's dad would be something

IAS great player and were so lucky he stayed with us (to study) when he wasnt HC registered and Deccie not picking him
Don't reckon there's too much help Dr. Phil could give the lads - he'd be of much more use to the ladies team :wink:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:would love him to become a team doctor and start fights with players who came too near while he was treating somebody, team doctor v POM, North, Harryordinary's dad would be something

Don't reckon there's too much help Dr. Phil could give the lads - he'd be of much more use to the ladies team :wink:
:lol:

They'd be too busy trying to trip him up and fall under him.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I for one will be very sad to see the good Dr hang up his boots but at least he's going out on his own terms.

Enjoy the home straight Dr Phil :cry: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:

well womens rugby has some money to spend now
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

An absolute legend in Leinster. I was always hoping he'd return one day with Toulon or SF.

Wish him all the best.
The Guru
Bookworm

Post by The Guru »

my favorite player of all time and leinster's finest signing. has been hugely missed since he left and made his mark on the game. big thank you and congrats to the doc.

:clap:
Fr. B's philisophical genius:

X -> X
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

suisse wrote:An absolute legend in Leinster. I was always hoping he'd return one day with Toulon or SF.

Wish him all the best.
He may yet - we could have an Amlin Cup Final with Felipe and Isa saying goodbye to the RDS together
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever