HC v Amlin

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: HC v Amlin

Post by Donny B. »

meinster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Not trying to make excuses but when this season ends, we may well reflect that Leinster were the only team in the competition to finish within a score of them.
Nice titbit of info. Meaningless, in the greater scheme of things, obviously, but a nice fun fact none the less. A table-quiz question!
Indeed. Will be interesting to see how Munster go at them. I don't think the forward oriented game that worked yesterday will be as effective against as big and mean a pack as Clermont. Clermont can destroy teams out wide with their brilliant strike runners, but they can also grind out a match with the best of them.

Either way, it will be a brilliant trip for Munster fans. Montpellier is a lovely city and you'll have great crack with the Clermont fans.

Just don't be copycats and doing a march to the stadium. That's ours! ;-)
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Donny B. wrote:but they can also grind out a match with the best of them.
Oh for sure, but at least if you can keep it to that, you have a chance of living with them, until they start questioning themselves. Then, who knows! Not liking hearing James is injured, mind you!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

meinster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:but they can also grind out a match with the best of them.
Oh for sure, but at least if you can keep it to that, you have a chance of living with them, until they start questioning themselves. Then, who knows! Not liking hearing James is injured, mind you!
Why? You'd prefer he played against you?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Donny B. wrote:Why? You'd prefer he played against you?
Yup. If they're to be weakened, he's always at the core of the meltdown. Now, how big of an "if" that is, is entirely an other conversation!!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

meinster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Why? You'd prefer he played against you?
Yup. If they're to be weakened, he's always at the core of the meltdown. Now, how big of an "if" that is, is entirely an other conversation!!
Has been in the past but from a Clermont POV I'd still take him ahead of a scrum-half filling in, like they had on Saturday.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Donny B. wrote:Has been in the past
That there is half the problem with Clermont alright!!

(EDIT: half the problem in trying to beat 'em, I mean)
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

We tend to overstate James's flakiness because of that one match in the RDS. If he's out, it's a really big boost to Munster. He unpicks the defence brilliantly and is anything but a weak link.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Munster going to be crucified in scrums, were lucky v Quinns as both teams LH were outclassed by TH and neither side wanted to bring on their sub props

Clermont will do a number on Munster in scrums, then bring on 2 fresh props while Botha and Killer suck diesel and Penney looks at his options
IMo they should play Horan and go for spoiling tactics in scrums
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:Munster going to be crucified in scrums, were lucky v Quinns as both teams LH were outclassed by TH and neither side wanted to bring on their sub props

Clermont will do a number on Munster in scrums, then bring on 2 fresh props while Botha and Killer suck diesel and Penney looks at his options
I'd say that 1/4 final is the end of Joe Maler's (spelling) chances of a Lions summer.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonokeeffe wrote:Munster going to be crucified in scrums, were lucky v Quinns as both teams LH were outclassed by TH and neither side wanted to bring on their sub props

No, they should play their best team and go for it. It seems that as long as you are not utterly destroyed (which I hope and believe will be the case if they play smart) you will not get so many penalties these days. If they hold it in the scrum the lineout will be key. And they are back to having a lineout. O'Connell as captain of the lineout really does seem to make a difference.

They'd have to pull Horan off the pitch in minutes.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:

No, they should play their best team and go for it. It seems that as long as you are not utterly destroyed (which I hope and believe will be the case if they play smart) you will not get so many penalties these days. If they hold it in the scrum the lineout will be key. And they are back to having a lineout. O'Connell as captain of the lineout really does seem to make a difference.

They'd have to pull Horan off the pitch in minutes.
know sarries got away with no scrum (with a lot of feeding) and quick pickups but any Clermont scrum theyre going to milk it for penalties, it will get crowd going and it could lead to a lot of 3 pointers and maybe yellow cards and penalty tries. Ulster couldnt replace their props to increase presuure, Clermont can
was surprised how little munster threw to POM and how slow Quinns were to pick up on Munster only throwing to 2 players
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Donny B. wrote:What just happened there between Fillol and Stringer?
Fillol spat in his face.

14 weeks for Fillol

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/20817.php#.UWbUfCvF0vM
I have Bumbleflex
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Post by underpantsdance »

Dave Cahill wrote:

14 weeks for Fillol

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/20817.php#.UWbUfCvF0vM
seems low but at least they have taken into account that part of the ban would be during off season

The suspension will take into account the closed season and will therefore cover a 10-week period from 6 April to 16 June 2013 and a further four weeks from 15 July to 11 August 2013 in addition to the closed-season period.
Fillol is free to play on 12 August 2013. Both the player and ERC have the right to appeal the decision.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

2 rounds in Top 14 left and barring Cthulu intervening Montpellier 6th, Perpignan 7th, Biarritz 8th so HC qualification all to play for BOPB and Perpignan unless theres all french HC final

gahhhhh
now working ERC finals weekend so missing Amlin final but will make HC final, damn you Clermont!!!