Munster 2013/2014

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2013/2014

Post by simonokeeffe »

olaf the fat wrote:They are out of the transfer market, but do they not already have their business done?

Are the replacements for departing players not already sorted?
for the most part they have

Munster

In: Copeland 8, Kelly 1, Smith 13, Tyler Durden 10/12
Out: Laulala 13, Nagle 5, Ronan 7, Downey 12, Coughlan 8
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

simonokeeffe wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:They are out of the transfer market, but do they not already have their business done?

Munster

Who is this Tyler Durden you speak of? :D
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rookie wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Munster

much easier to spell than Tyler Hareenhall or whatever his real name is
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
rookie wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Munster

much easier to spell than Tyler Hareenhall or whatever his real name is
Ed Norton
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Would not be thrilled with that draw for Munster. Away to Clermont and Sarries will not be easy matches but the bitterness might just get them through against Sarries. Thereafter it will probably depend on how other results/groups go for them.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

offshorerules wrote:Would not be thrilled with that draw for Munster. Away to Clermont and Sarries will not be easy matches but the bitterness might just get them through against Sarries. Thereafter it will probably depend on how other results/groups go for them.
It's a fairly brutal draw but I rate our chances as highly as anybody's in the group. I think we're more likely to beat either of them away than they are to beat us at Thomond. Will probably go down to the wire though.

Ulster's draw is marginally worse I reckon.
We're all red on the inside.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

9pts each from Sale x 2
4+1 from the home games x 2

leaves all 3 on 14pts with Sale on nothing. Think a lot of it will come down to bps. Scheduling of the groups will be crucial. Lose 3 and you're out so 1 or 2 teams may just drop the heads. Still only see 1 qualifier but I think you can do it.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

paddyor wrote:9pts each from Sale x 2
4+1 from the home games x 2

leaves all 3 on 14pts with Sale on nothing. Think a lot of it will come down to bps. Scheduling of the groups will be crucial. Lose 3 and you're out so 1 or 2 teams may just drop the heads. Still only see 1 qualifier but I think you can do it.
Certainly wouldn't be writing Sale off that easily, really improved this season, home form impressive, they've enough about them to give teams trouble. Someone will slip up there.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Can't believe the whinging. They can't expect handy draws every year. They're only a 2nd seeded team but avoided the big hitting 1st seeds of Leinster, Toulon and Northampton. Sarries only just beat 14 man Ulster and would've been 2nd seeds but for the luck of the draw. Clermont are not the force they were a few years ago, and if Sale trouble Munster they may as well throw their hat at it...liginds or not.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Munsterboy wrote:
offshorerules wrote:Would not be thrilled with that draw for Munster. Away to Clermont and Sarries will not be easy matches but the bitterness might just get them through against Sarries. Thereafter it will probably depend on how other results/groups go for them.
It's a fairly brutal draw but I rate our chances as highly as anybody's in the group. I think we're more likely to beat either of them away than they are to beat us at Thomond. Will probably go down to the wire though.

Ulster's draw is marginally worse I reckon.
Ulster's draw is a lot worse.
Sarries scraped thru as best runner up this season. They had Zebre and Connacht in their group FFS and nearly blew it.
They got a 14 to 15 man advantage v Ulster in the QF and nearly blew that too.
Clerment are in transition both on and off the field. Ye know all about that so what are you worrying about.
Stop building yourselves down as underdogs and start standing tall.
It's up to them to come up to your standards not the other way around.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Sale have a rubbish front five except for Hines, no squad depth, very good backrow and halfbacks and 2 boshy centres
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

simonokeeffe wrote:Sale have a rubbish front five except for Hines, no squad depth, very good backrow and halfbacks and 2 boshy centres
2 boshy centres could cause damage especially if Munsters centres are a converted inexperienced out half and Keet. Wouldn't write any team in that group off especially at home. Ulsters group is just as tough though I agree.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

offshorerules wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Sale have a rubbish front five except for Hines, no squad depth, very good backrow and halfbacks and 2 boshy centres
2 boshy centres could cause damage especially if Munsters centres are a converted inexperienced out half and Keet. Wouldn't write any team in that group off especially at home. Ulsters group is just as tough though I agree.
Think JJ can definitely handle people running straight at him, Earls defending problem at 13 was more positional/system
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Can't see JJ playing at 12. Might be Keatley or Bleyenthall (or however his name is spelt) and Earls' problem in my view is that his inside shoulder is vulnerable. Nothing really to do with positioning. Anyway no need to debate it, but I just think that as with our group there are no gimmies this year for Munster.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I wonder if munster will take the risk of playing their new 13 at 13?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

munster#1 wrote:I wonder if munster will take the risk of playing their new 13 at 13?
that too :D
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:Some interesting figures:
http://gameoverballburst.me/2014/06/06/ ... is-bright/

THE MUNSTER rugby AGM for 2014 took place last night, June 5 at UL Bohemians RFC Limerick. The main order of business on the night was the election of Mick Goggin (pictured) as Branch President for the incoming year.

One way to save money is to not train at night.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

munster#1 wrote:I wonder if munster will take the risk of playing their new 13 at 13?
Are you referring to Andrew Smith? I thought he was an inside centre, no? Maybe I've missed another signing but my only memory of seeing Smith play was against the Lions on the last tour and he played at 12 in that game. Would be interested to hear though if you know differently. Also I see to remember that he was signed on a one year deal which might have been an interim thing until after the world cup next year, and that he was going to see out the Super 15 season first. So it's hardly a key appointment is it? So unless I've missed something I still think Munster have a bit of an issue at 13. Then again there not the only side in that position in Ireland are they?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 44,00.html

Not entirely sure why they want him as they seem fairly well stocked at centre. This will make Downey one of, if not the, most well-travelled Irish professional rugby players around.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

[quote="Donny B."]http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 44,00.html

Not entirely sure why they want him as they seem fairly well stocked at centre. This will make Downey one of, if not the, most well-travelled Irish professional rugby players around.[/quote

Good luck to the lad. 2 years extension to his career. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: And now he has a chance of getting a medal or two.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!