Northern Hemisphere Coach of the year award

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

tigerburnie
Enlightened

Re: Northern Hemisphere Coach of the year award

Post by tigerburnie »

Peg leg, seems Castro is burning some bridges as well as spitting his dummy. There's a bit of a slanging match on his twitter account seemingly, with some players wading into Castro.
He sadly is losing a lot of respect from the Welford Road faithfull who held him in very high esteem, he owns a couple of Italian restuarants(one in conjunction with Geordie Murphy),usually full of Tigers fans, but very quiet last weekend according to a family member.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

JB1973 wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Still an appeal in the pipeline JB, so you never know...........................

Given the panels comments I think he'll do well to get that ban lifted.
I doubt they expect the ban to be lifted, there might be a case for trying to include the pre-season matches in the ban, same as happened to others. He really has upset the rfu, more than he did the 4th official, seems he didn't file a report about Cockers, someone else did, it all has a whiff of drains about it. He desrves some punishment, more for the fact that other spectators could hear him rather than any other reason, he has to cool it down a bit. He was told by someone on the inside, that Flood was going to be knobbled, before the game was kicked off, when it happened in the way it did, he lost it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

tigerburnie wrote:
JB1973 wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Still an appeal in the pipeline JB, so you never know...........................

Given the panels comments I think he'll do well to get that ban lifted.
I doubt they expect the ban to be lifted, there might be a case for trying to include the pre-season matches in the ban, same as happened to others. He really has upset the rfu, more than he did the 4th official, seems he didn't file a report about Cockers, someone else did, it all has a whiff of drains about it. He desrves some punishment, more for the fact that other spectators could hear him rather than any other reason, he has to cool it down a bit. He was told by someone on the inside, that Flood was going to be knobbled, before the game was kicked off, when it happened in the way it did, he lost it.
Or maybe, for being abusive to, ya know... a match day official?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Peg Leg wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:I doubt they expect the ban to be lifted, there might be a case for trying to include the pre-season matches in the ban, same as happened to others. He really has upset the rfu, more than he did the 4th official, seems he didn't file a report about Cockers, someone else did, it all has a whiff of drains about it. He desrves some punishment, more for the fact that other spectators could hear him rather than any other reason, he has to cool it down a bit. He was told by someone on the inside, that Flood was going to be knobbled, before the game was kicked off, when it happened in the way it did, he lost it.
Or maybe, for being abusive to, ya know... a match day official?
Cockers was not "charged" with abusing the 4th official or any one else, he was brought before the beak for being potty mouthed, if you read the report, he did not actually abuse anyone or swear directly at anyone. He jumped up and down a lot whilst using language that the arghfu didn't like.
If you listen to live coverage of any game, you can hear players swearing on the refs microphone, indeed you could clearly hear swearing on the day of the match concerned.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

he did go the whole hog dropping the c bomb as well as effing and jeffing not really a good example for a head coach is it?

I know he has been banned before for abusing officials, I'm all for passion in the game and as much as I am not a big fan of cokerill I can tell he is 100% committed to Leicester but the guy needs to calm down a bit he is in his mid 40's now and that type of ranting and raving can;'t be good for his health.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

JB1973 wrote:he did go the whole hog dropping the c bomb as well as effing and jeffing not really a good example for a head coach is it?

I know he has been banned before for abusing officials, I'm all for passion in the game and as much as I am not a big fan of cokerill I can tell he is 100% committed to Leicester but the guy needs to calm down a bit he is in his mid 40's now and that type of ranting and raving can;'t be good for his health.
Think there is a deep well of bad blood between the two coaching tickets which seems to boil over on occasion. I heard that Dorian West offered to meet Cockers outside for a fight a season or two back.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

domhnallj wrote:
Think there is a deep well of bad blood between the two coaching tickets which seems to boil over on occasion. I heard that Dorian West offered to meet Cockers outside for a fight a season or two back.
Both were in competition at Tigers and with England, with Cockers usually getting the nod, when Cockers got the Tigers job we heard that West had also put himself forwards.
West has lost a lot of support amongst the Tigers, who treated him as a bit of a legend at one time, well and truely burnt his bridges. Northampton have/are becoming the Premierships pariahs, cheap shot merchants who have now stooped to starting an email campaign on their forum to get Cockers, just because they lost the final and got humped big style at their ground, sad lot really. Some good fans amongst them, but not many.
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

tigerburnie wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Both were in competition at Tigers and with England, with Cockers usually getting the nod, when Cockers got the Tigers job we heard that West had also put himself forwards.
West has lost a lot of support amongst the Tigers, who treated him as a bit of a legend at one time, well and truely burnt his bridges. Northampton have/are becoming the Premierships pariahs, cheap shot merchants who have now stooped to starting an email campaign on their forum to get Cockers, just because they lost the final and got humped big style at their ground, sad lot really. Some good fans amongst them, but not many.
You lads see him as a good Leicester lad through and through. Perhaps a bit too passionate at times but it just shows how much he cares.

The rest of the world just sees him as Dick CockMill. :)

Possibly a bit harsh on NH fans. Mallinder seems OK too. We'll see after our visit to FG.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Cockerill and O'Shea were in trouble with the RFU earlier in the season for being a bit mean about refs to cameras / anyone who would listen. They were both told off but told that if they did anything bad again, there would be ramifications.

Well, Cockers got into trouble again and so this ban isn't just because he said something stupid after the final, it's because his mouth gets away from him far too many times and the powers that be are hoping he'll mind himself in the future / are sick of telling him to stop whinging.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23255490

This is still running on, not sure exactly what the appeal is likely to be, could be the "games rather than weeks" or "not including the pre-season"(players usually have this going on through the close season,happened when Hawkins got his arm broken by Clarke).It could be a procedure thing a bit like what London Welsh did, when denied access to the Premiership last season. I think all acknowledge the ban, just it's length and start/finish dates might be the bone of contention. There is a desire, not only expressed by O'Shea and Cockerill, that some form of protocol should be set up to look at the officiating and in particular, the huge differences in interpretation and application of the games laws.
Were this sort of procedure in place, then maybe(not holding my breathe) this could go some way to iron out any grievances.