Sexton to Racing...new jersey

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Sexton to Racing...new jersey

Post by Armchair »

mtleinster wrote:
ceemec wrote:Tend to agree, Deco. Last season will have been a crushing blow to Clermont. That will have been accentuated by Cotter's awful PR work afterwards where I'm sure several players will have had their noses put out of joint by his comments. With him on the way out and them now having an extremely old team overall, I think their moment has passed. They're still an excellent team and could well make a run but I think last season was their opportunity to win it and it's downhill from here overall. The only signings they've made have been more lads in their thirties.
In the same way that we had no motivation to win the PRO12?

I would also rate Mike Delany as a better player than Jimmy Gopperth

Clermont are still a Semi Final team, and to say they are not is crazy talk
To early to say that. Won't be able to back up that comment until the 2nd or 3rd round of pool games. Clermont should have won all aroundthem the last 3 years and they didn't! Will be very interesting to see how they go. They should be a semi -final team with their budget and resources but no one knows how they will be this season.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Armchair wrote: To early to say that. Won't be able to back up that comment until the 2nd or 3rd round of pool games. Clermont should have won all aroundthem the last 3 years and they didn't! Will be very interesting to see how they go. They should be a semi -final team with their budget and resources but no one knows how they will be this season.
When was the last time they werent knocked out by the eventual winner?
It's not like they are toulouse with a history of getting knocked out by bogey teams
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

mtleinster wrote: In the same way that we had no motivation to win the PRO12?

I would also rate Mike Delany as a better player than Jimmy Gopperth

Clermont are still a Semi Final team, and to say they are not is crazy talk
Where did I say they weren't? As I said, they're still capable of making a run but I think their best days are now behind them; the age profile cannot be glossed over. The last 4 months were damaging to them on and off the field. They're an excellent team but they won't strike fear into opposition the way they did previously and it's all to play for in their pool.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I see the Welsh regions are using their brains and entering into talks already with their star players whose contracts are ending at the end of the coming season. Halfpenny, Warburton and Davies are all being approached by the WRU and their teams already. Whilst they've screwed up plenty of their operations in recent years, they're doing precisely as they should in this instance. If they waited until February, you can be sure at least one of those three would be on their way to France if not all of them.
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

ceemec wrote:I see the Welsh regions are using their brains and entering into talks already with their star players whose contracts are ending at the end of the coming season. Halfpenny, Warburton and Davies are all being approached by the WRU and their teams already. Whilst they've screwed up plenty of their operations in recent years, they're doing precisely as they should in this instance. If they waited until February, you can be sure at least one of those three would be on their way to France if not all of them.
Worth a try but I'm sure any player considering a move will simply stall until later in the season.
We're all red on the inside.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Munsterboy wrote: Worth a try but I'm sure any player considering a move will simply stall until later in the season.
Indeed but put a handsome contract in front of them early, tell them it's an indication of how much the union value them and want to build the future of rugby in the country around them. Do all this before the French clubs come knocking with their offers and you stand a decent chance of nipping the situation in the bud or, at the very least, they know how much the union would like them to stay.

Roger Lewis flew out to Australia to have a chat with Warburton and Halfpenny immediately after the Lions tour finished. It shows them how much they're valued and plays on their affinity for their home team. It's a far cry from telling the player that they've a policy of not holding any talks with them until close to the season's end at which point they're being bombarded with offers from elsewhere.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

Have a look at the report of johnnys first game over on journal.ie, specially the bit in the video about his gold fish..... :shock:
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Jonney Playing his first home game ... 470km away from Paris... Because all Parisians Holiday in La Rochelle don't you know

I wonder if Leinster would move a game down to Wicklow Rugby club to appease those who holiday in Brittas
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

let it Go! He's gone. :lol:
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

rookie wrote:let it Go! He's gone. :lol:
He will only be gone from the club when none here are loyal to him :wink:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Only 3/6 yesterday from Jonny on his debut. They'd wanna sack that kicking coach! ;-)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/s ... 44392.html

Great win for Jackmans team against Toulon.
Oh, and whats his name, got 6 from 6.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!