Welsh Rugby 2013/2014

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Welsh Rugby 2013/2014

Post by domhnallj »

JB1973 wrote:The WRU will simply loan out Warburton to another pro 12 or even a French side with a full release clause.

I think he is a terrific player and he comes across as a top bloke, he does have his injury problems but hell have no lack of suitors especially with the WRU picking up his tab.

Maybe you guys will take a punt on him? Imagine a back row of heaslip sob and Warburton
Imagine the faces on Ruddock et al. if that happens!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

domhnallj wrote:
JB1973 wrote:The WRU will simply loan out Warburton to another pro 12 or even a French side with a full release clause.

I think he is a terrific player and he comes across as a top bloke, he does have his injury problems but hell have no lack of suitors especially with the WRU picking up his tab.

Maybe you guys will take a punt on him? Imagine a back row of heaslip sob and Warburton
Imagine the faces on Ruddock et al. if that happens!

tbh he's a better flanker than anyone in Ireland bar SOB but your right Leinster have huge depth in that position ,more likely he'd end up in Scotland.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

No, I rate him as well but I can't see the IRFU sanctioning him coming here. I doubt it will come to that anyway.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

He'd be good schooling for Stander
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Was wondering when the first dig would come.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

offshorerules wrote:Was wondering when the first dig would come.
With the greater interest of our (multi) National team, of course.
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Peg Leg wrote:
offshorerules wrote:Was wondering when the first dig would come.
With the greater interest of our (multi) National team, of course.
Of course.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

RRW statement albeit in a very catty way said theyd come around to central contracts, albeit a bit late for it to be any good for the coming season anyway
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Rumour going about that Adam Jones is about to sign for Bristol.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

offshorerules wrote:Rumour going about that Adam Jones is about to sign for Bristol.
Ive heard he is heading further north than that and to an Aviva Premiership club, should be announced this week.

We have lost 4 lions this summer, our pack is a shadow of it's former self :(
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 70,00.html

Anscombe junior to Cardiff and thereafter Wales, presumably.

Should be interesting when he plays Ulster. :wink:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Not sure if this is the right place, but London Welsh signed Piri Weepu!
Daniel Sullivan
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Peg Leg wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but London Welsh signed Piri Weepu!

And the ospreys sign Martyn Roberts, shows where the welsh game stands in comparison to even the poorest AP sides.

I think adam's deal to the north west may have fallen through so could see him heading to Bristol now (with half our team from last year), they'll have more Lions than the we have at this rate!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

JB1973 wrote: I think adam's deal to the north west may have fallen through so could see him heading to Bristol now (with half our team from last year), they'll have more Lions than the we have at this rate!
I suppose not having to move is the big attraction, but Gatland must have told Jones he's done at international level for him to drop down to the English Championship?
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Donny B. wrote:
JB1973 wrote: I think adam's deal to the north west may have fallen through so could see him heading to Bristol now (with half our team from last year), they'll have more Lions than the we have at this rate!
I suppose not having to move is the big attraction, but Gatland must have told Jones he's done at international level for him to drop down to the English Championship?
Not sure he would tbh, Wales are so threadbare at tight head even if Lee becomes first choice next year I'd expect Adam to be the bench option.

I'm guessing he can use these games just to get match fit and keep the weight off and then rely on his experience and know how to cope at test level, it's not as if he has a high work rate anyhow.

I'm guessing he makes less tackles and carries the ball less than anyone else in the welsh team, he is there purely to scrummage (and the new laws appear to have hindered him there).

Anscombe is an interesting one, Gatland seems a big fan of his. He is clearly doubtful over biggar and hook and Priestland has been playing like a drain since the world cup .So I could see Anscombe being our starting 10 and as looks as he stays fit and has a decent start .
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Not sure he would tbh, Wales are so threadbare at tight head even if Lee becomes first choice next year I'd expect Adam to be the bench option.

I'm guessing he can use these games just to get match fit and keep the weight off and then rely on his experience and know how to cope at test level, it's not as if he has a high work rate anyhow.

I'm guessing he makes less tackles and carries the ball less than anyone else in the welsh team, he is there purely to scrummage (and the new laws appear to have hindered him there).

Anscombe is an interesting one, Gatland seems a big fan of his. He is clearly doubtful over biggar and hook and Priestland has been playing like a drain since the world cup .So I could see Anscombe being our starting 10 and as looks as he stays fit and has a decent start .
How are Cardiff affording all these signings (within salary cap)? Or were Halfpenny, Warburton, Davies just takign up that much of the budget?
Anscombe could easily play anyway in northern hemisphere and still play for Wales
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

I know they have lost a host of players in recent times

Roberts,halfpenny,davies,warburton plus the likes of tom james, ceri Sweeney, pretorious,copeland, h robinson ,lualua

But to bring in Mitchell knoyle turnbull anscombe hoeata Vosewas plus hammett as coach must be costing a few quid

Not sure how much strength in depth they have but their first xv should be decent next year. With the new additions and Rees back to health their front 5 looks far stronger this year and with anscombe patchell allen and Cuthbert in their back line they will score trys.

Could be dark horses for a good run in the amlin or whatever it's called these days!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Lack of maths being done by the author.

8 nwq players in each matchday squad leaves 15 places for Welsh players x 4 Regions = 60 WQ players. Not 20

A bit backwards if you ask me
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Anscombe to Cardiff is official now, safe to say he will play 10 for them

Only moving after ITM cup so might make it difficult/exhausting for him to go straight into November internationals 3 weeks later, or less if he he has playoffs

Cardiff might make European places now, good 1st XV but no bench/depth and Welsh squad call ups will hurt them badly