10 dirtiest plays in rugby -Torygraph

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: 10 dirtiest plays in rugby -Torygraph

Post by blockhead »

munster#1 wrote:If Hayes is getting a mention, how about when sexton kicked mafi in the face while he was on the ground, or heaslip trying to knock out mc caw with his knee. Very odd not to mention those incidents
Because this is a LEINSTERFANS site and we don't sh*t where we eat.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

BlueBlue wrote:Long time ago, but The Claw stepping on another players head (French) in a Paris 5N match, the French player was concussed, you could see his skull flex in and out after The Claw stepped on his temple, all weight on one foot and then stepped off. No blunt force injury as they would say on CSI but afterwards the French player did not know who or where he was. The Claw got a major ban but it only included NH, so he went to Qeensland and it made him into a great player rather than a peno machine.
The ban was worldwide. The game against France was on 17 Feb 1996, Clohessy didn't play for Queensland until the Super 12 season of 1997.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

munster#1 wrote:If Hayes is getting a mention, how about when sexton kicked mafi in the face while he was on the ground, or heaslip trying to knock out mc caw with his knee. Very odd not to mention those incidents
Hayes bit harsh as he was stamping in general on a player trying to collapse a maul not specifically trying to stamp on his head and he was fairly contrite over it

BUT you could do a whole article on players snapping over McCaw's cheating

You sure you want to bring up Mafi and foul play in interpros :P thats like saying someone thumped Martin Johnson :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Because Hayes attack on his Ireland teammate, makes the top ten... the ones you mention don't.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Thats because its the editors choice of top ten, rather than every incicent of foul play that ever occurred. I'd agree that The Bull's is harsh as he was never that sort of player. Hartly and courtney Lawes on the other hand are often in trouble, but not in the top ten selection. As was pointed out earlier however, This is a top ten from the Torygraph, and does not feature any English dirty players. :D
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Even after a couple of years I still can't get past the Callum Clarke incident. I also seem to remember from years ago (30+) a Welsh played being repeatedly stomped on the head at the bottom of a ruck - think it was JPR Williams but others here will know better than I.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

BlueBlue wrote:does not feature any English dirty players. :D
Why would it, sure they're all gents to the core
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

domhnallj wrote:Even after a couple of years I still can't get past the Callum Clarke incident. I also seem to remember from years ago (30+) a Welsh played being repeatedly stomped on the head at the bottom of a ruck - think it was JPR Williams but others here will know better than I.
If its the incident I'm thinking of, then you're right. His father was particularly irate at the time IIRC. Gave out about that southern hemisphere animals who shouldn't be allowed on a pitch with fine men like his son, the doctor. Happened not long after he (JPR) clotheslined Mike Gibson in Lansdowne though, so he got precious little sympathy over here.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Grumpy Old Man wrote: Happened not long after he (JPR) clotheslined Mike Gibson in Lansdowne though, so he got precious little sympathy over here.
Just on Scrum V classics two mins ago!
I have Bumbleflex
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote: Happened not long after he (JPR) clotheslined Mike Gibson in Lansdowne though, so he got precious little sympathy over here.
Just on Scrum V classics two mins ago!
Ha, I was wondering why he was getting booed.