Top14 13-14

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Top14 13-14

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just watched Castres vs Stade Francais. As per, the away team didn't even pretend to give the most miniscule iota of a damn. Castres gave them a 6 tries to 1 walloping. Young Peter Lydon (as discussed elsewhere) came on for the last 10 minutes, but by then Stade Francais were a complete rabble.

Toulouse vs RCM92 now, and the away team have in classic french style pretty much dropped their entire XV from last weeks (home) fixture (only Van Der Merwe and Lydiate remain).
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Top14 13-14

Post by johng »

What nonsense Dave. Eeeeevrybody knows that the Rabo teams are the only ones fielding weakened sides in the league. Famous for it they are.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Well done Peter!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:Just watched Castres vs Stade Francais. As per, the away team didn't even pretend to give the most miniscule iota of a damn. Castres gave them a 6 tries to 1 walloping. Young Peter Lydon (as discussed elsewhere) came on for the last 10 minutes, but by then Stade Francais were a complete rabble.

Toulouse vs RCM92 now, and the away team have in classic french style pretty much dropped their entire XV from last weeks (home) fixture (only Van Der Merwe and Lydiate remain).
Joke of a match. Not sure why fans show up week in week out to watch ritual slaughter. What position was J10 playing, was it outside center??
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Just watched Castres vs Stade Francais. As per, the away team didn't even pretend to give the most miniscule iota of a damn. Castres gave them a 6 tries to 1 walloping. Young Peter Lydon (as discussed elsewhere) came on for the last 10 minutes, but by then Stade Francais were a complete rabble.

Joke of a match. Not sure why fans show up week in week out to watch ritual slaughter. What position was J10 playing, was it outside center??
Hard to know or even care by the end.

With another full programme of games on Sunday, you can understand the squad rotation I suppose.

Just thinking that Sexton has now had three starts and one sub appearance before the Pro 12 has even started. By the time our internationals are back in the fold for the Munster match, he'll probably have 6/7 games played at least. By the time the autumn internationals come around he'll be into double figures. God knows what shape he'll be in by the time the Six Nations starts, especially considering he had virtually no off-season after the Lions.

But hey, the IRFU saved a few bob and that's the main thing right?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Nonononono, that was "a good piece of business" (TM) by the IRFU getting someone else to pay the wages of their most sought after player. And the one they would be building, and should have already built, the team around.

The panic signing of one possible replacement before the season starts in no way shows that they got it arseways. It's a real pity they made the sorry debacle wind on to its conclusion as without the crazy delay I think Johnny would have leapt at the chance of playing for Ireland with Joe with the player management protocols etc.

Top 14 matches I've watched have been depressing.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

fourthirtythree wrote: Top 14 matches I've watched have been depressing.
They're awful shite aren't they?

Hopefully the increased coverage of the league now that Jonny's there will put off other Irish players from going over. Jonny has a long and brutal two years ahead of him of hoofing balls and kicking penalties and not much else.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Donny B. wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote: Top 14 matches I've watched have been depressing.
They're awful shite aren't they?

Hopefully the increased coverage of the league now that Jonny's there will put off other Irish players from going over. Jonny has a long and brutal two years ahead of him of hoofing balls and kicking penalties and not much else.
That's what it looks like doesn't it? Early days yet for him but its been depressing viwing so far.
Dont Panic!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Depressing viewing but he has done quite well in terms of his own performances, in fairness. MOTM twice out of three appearances and it seems he was near his best last weekend in the home win. I saw some highlights and he made one absolutely world class break from 22 to 22 off a quick tap, beating players and creating what should have been a simple try but for a shocking pass by Roberts.

They won't win many fans with their style but they've brought in several players and have a few more playing in the RC currently. When they do start to get some familiarity, I expect them to be a very tough test.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

ceemec wrote:Depressing viewing but he has done quite well in terms of his own performances, in fairness. MOTM twice out of three appearances and it seems he was near his best last weekend in the home win. I saw some highlights and he made one absolutely world class break from 22 to 22 off a quick tap, beating players and creating what should have been a simple try but for a shocking pass by Roberts.

They won't win many fans with their style but they've brought in several players and have a few more playing in the RC currently. When they do start to get some familiarity, I expect them to be a very tough test.
Yeah I think his performances have got steadily better. I think the quick tap and break came from frustration that the rest of the team were doing nothing. I watched it live and that's what it looked like anyway. They probably could have scored three more tries if they'd been able to pass properly or simply catch the ball - although they wouldn't have deserved the inflated scoreline.
Dont Panic!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

he has expressed a preference for playing much more regularly than under IRFU programmes so maybe t14 will suit him and or bring out the best in him

sure didnt 2 years in France do wonders for Mick O'Driscoll :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Sexton played a stormer tonight. Interesting in the earlier games that the scrumhalf passing was poor so the coach just signed the saffa Snyman :-)
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Highlights of Racing/Perp yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnpuQSv0Pt8

Sexton's form continues.