New Euro competition

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: New Euro competition

Post by fourthirtythree »

ronk wrote:
rooster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:The Heineken Cup is dead.....all hail the "Nothing" Cup.
Might still be called The Heineken Cup if they don't find a few more sponsors
I'm gonna call it the Sobriety Cup
If they keep with the no sponsor route I'm going with "The Austerity Cup: dragged into it by a coalition of dunderheads".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

I'm gonna call it the Sobriety Cup[/quote]

If they keep with the no sponsor route I'm going with "The Austerity Cup: dragged into it by a coalition of dunderheads".[/quote]
:D
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

epcrugby via google translate wrote:Given the desire to respect the scheduling of meetings of the TOP 14 of the Aviva Premiership and PRO12 Guinness, the Director of EPCR Committee agreed to review the qualifying dams for European Rugby Cup Champions 2015/2016.
Nineteen clubs will qualify for the merit 2015/2016 tournament based on their ranking in their respective championships at the end of the season, while the 20th place for the competition will be awarded to the winner of the dams.

The new format of the dams will begin May 23, 2015 by an opponent on the seventh club to the Aviva Premiership club to eighth Guinness PRO12 or the club in the best position match is not already qualified under the terms of payment. A coin toss will determine which of the two clubs will play at home.

The winner of the match Aviva Premiership - Guinness PRO12 receive the following weekend the seventh club in the Top 14 for the decisive dam Saturday, May 30, 2015.

"By changing the format of the dams in the Champions Cup, we have respected the wishes of the three leagues," said the Director General of the RHIB, Jacques Pineau. "The Director of EPCR Committee agreed to alter the original format as provided in the Memorandum of Understanding of the tournament, and we are certain that the dams will only enhance what promises already to be an exciting season of rugby professional European clubs. "

For 2014/2015 season, the inaugural tournament of the Champions Cup will consist of five groups of four with the winners and the three best runners advance to the quarterfinals.

The 20th edition of the European Cup will begin Thursday, October 26 with the match of Pool 5 of the Challenge Cup between Gloucester Rugby Brive, while Harlequins and Castres Olympique will kick off the Champions Cup on Friday 17 October.

DAMS QUALIFYING FOR EUROPEAN RUGBY CUP CHAMPIONS 2015/2016

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Match 1: Aviva Premiership (club ranked seventh) - Guinness PRO12 (club ranked eighth or highest ranked club is not already qualified under the terms of the settlement)
A coin toss will determine which of the two clubs will play at home.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Winner of Match 1 - Top 14 (ranked seventh club)
The winner of Game 1 played at home.
Looks to me like there will only be one pro12 team in the playoff. But at least there will be SOME chance of a home tie.

However google translate is not an exact science.

A bit sh1t that they could not put it in English on the ENGLISH part of the website

http://www.epcrugby.com/eng/news/28940.php
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

How come the French only have to play once? Surely that should be part of the coin toss
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Yes but they are away. (if the translation is ok) French team and away in the same sentence.

If the English team keeps winning the toss for a home tie year after year then there will have to be a stewards inquiry into double he added coins.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

toss of a coin (rand) for home advantage between P12 team and AP team winner is home to French team weekend of T14 final so good news for international players in those squads if theyre Celtic and good news for Lancaster if theyre English
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

paddyor wrote:How come the French only have to play once? Surely that should be part of the coin toss
I would imagine it will alternate each year so the Pro12 team will play the Top14 team the following year with the winner facing the Premiership team. Obviously the automatic 'final' place will only alternate between French and English teams with the Pro12 team automatically being in the semifinal every year.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Xanthippe wrote:
paddyor wrote:How come the French only have to play once? Surely that should be part of the coin toss
I would imagine it will alternate each year so the Pro12 team will play the Top14 team the following year with the winner facing the Premiership team. Obviously the automatic 'final' place will only alternate between French and English teams with the Pro12 team automatically being in the semifinal every year.
But only if they don't change it yet again, if Sarries are in it they might want to play in Baghdad or Mogadishu
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Simplest way:-
The team with the greatest number of points etc (normalization would be required because there are 14 French teams) avoids the playoff S/F because they merit it.
The playoff final to be based on a draw made at the same time as the HEC (sic??) S/F draw is taking place.
The "etc" is the "pwatathmtootpiat"i BTW where the i after the " implies plurality.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:Simplest way:-
The team with the greatest number of points etc (normalization would be required because there are 14 French teams) avoids the playoff S/F because they merit it.
The playoff final to be based on a draw made at the same time as the HEC (sic??) S/F draw is taking place.
The "etc" is the "pwatathmtootpiat"i BTW where the i after the " implies plurality.
by points you mean money right?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

New comp = Money
TV = Money
EPRC = Money
PRL = Money
Pro12 = Monopoly on success has been broken by our Money

The only actual news in there: John Kirwan to coach Ba Ba's.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Peg Leg wrote:
New comp = Money
TV = Money
EPRC = Money
PRL = Money
Pro12 = Monopoly on success has been broken by our Money

The only actual news in there: John Kirwan to coach Ba Ba's.
Exactly. That article should be on the business page rather than sports.
Dont Panic!