Heineken Semi Finals

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Heineken Semi Finals

Post by artaneboy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
artaneboy wrote:Borthwick on BBC Radio 4 news this morning at 7.30. Usual guff on tough task ahead in final, etc. Then the interviewer asks for his view for the reason for the relatively poor attendance at their Semi. His reply is a beauty of 'on message' Wray briefing. Paraphrase here 'Can't say really why the attendance was poor; but this was an ERC controlled match. When we (Saracens) had control over the matches in Wembley, we filled the stadium, etc...'

Breathless at the cheek. :shock: Ye can fill a ground with €5 tickets when your are prepared to throw away your own money- but when you are participating as part of the major revenue raising of the shared competition and you fail to take advantage- at least have the grace to admit your discomfort. The Semis are a major part of the revenue raising base of the competitions. Don't try and blame the organisation for your failures- or imply that you could do better. Papering the ground may work in small scale competitions such as the AP or LV Cups- but not in Europe where the rest of us have to dip our bread. :evil:
According to this, the RFU opted for Twickers and Saracens agreed with them. The ERC had reservations, the could obviously remember last season but were over-ruled.

http://www.espn.co.uk/heineken-cup-2013 ... 23247.html
In fairness, Borthwick is a rugby player not the Saracens marketing director. Very disappointing attendance for them though. I wonder if only opening the bottom tier had an impact? I've sat there and the views are dire and fans know they're dire.
"In fairness" he was right on message! That's no accident- that's a cover story. And as to Eddie Butler jumping in to clout the ERC... Well I expected better- that's all.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

VGE wrote:Can someone find a right translation of this please?
La vie de supporter de l'ASM n'est qu'une suite de petites déceptions au milieu desquelles survient, de temps en temps, une grande désillusion
That's how hard our ASM fan's life is lol

Au revoir.
I lived in Quebec so my French is of that curious North American version they have, but I'd personally go for something along the lines of: The life of an ASM supporter is nothing but one disappointment after another, sometimes leaving you completely disillusioned with life

That's possibly slightly stronger than the French version, but if I had watched my team humped by Saracens on Saturday I'd be looking for something stronger!

If you want to go for something a little more colloquial one of my personal favourites is: Life's a bitch then it slaps you in the face
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Well... The trip to Cardiff for Toulon supporters begins to 500€ - without the match ticket - and up to 1.500€ for VIPs.

Only for last month, the average toulonnais travelling fan already paid a 100€ trip to Marseille versus Toulouse ;
a 100€ day for Leinster quaterfinal (including beers with Leinster fans) ;
then 200€ weekend trip by boat to Barcelona,
and another 100€ trip to Marseille versus Munster...
Next week he has to go to Nice for a "home" game versus Stade Francais, 80€ with return only for fuel and tolls...
And he would eventually like to travel to... Lille... for Top14 semi-finals...

And of course, for one person only : the ones with kids or wife must have an Infinite card and sold his comic books old private collection.

All this only to say that it looks like there will be some echoes in Millenium stadium... :D
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Toulon fan wrote:Well... The trip to Cardiff for Toulon supporters begins to 500€ - without the match ticket - and up to 1.500€ for VIPs.

Only for last month, the average toulonnais travelling fan already paid a 100€ trip to Marseille versus Toulouse ;
Next week he has to go to Nice for a "home" game versus Stade Francais, 80€ with return only for fuel and tolls...

And of course, for one person only : the ones with kids or wife must have an Infinite card and sold his comic books old private collection.

All this only to say that it looks like there will be some echoes in Millenium stadium... :D
The price of success mon ami. :)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

I'd rather say ransom of glory.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Toulon fan wrote:Well... The trip to Cardiff for Toulon supporters begins to 500€ - without the match ticket - and up to 1.500€ for VIPs.

I'd say the Saracens supporters will take up the tickets.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

offshorerules wrote:

And what, pray tell, will the Hunters at number 26 do with 65k tickets?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Toulon fan wrote:I'd rather say ransom of glory.
Which part of the ground are your tickets ?, want to be near your support (really enjoyed meeting all of you in Toulon) don't feel like sitting beside the Saracens supporter.
Flying wedge
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Sarries allocation seems to be in northern stands, Toulon in southern stands.
I'm sorry for those trying to sell tickets but I'll be myself "in front of my TV" stand.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Toulon fan wrote:Sarries allocation seems to be in northern stands, Toulon in southern stands.
I'm sorry for those trying to sell tickets but I'll be myself "in front of my TV" stand.
Thanks south stand is where my tickets are, appreciate the info.
Flying wedge
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

offshorerules wrote:

You kidding, they complain about having to swap trains on the way across London and Cardiff is in a different country away out West ! They will need more than £10 tickets and free food and beer to get them to Wales.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Ah yes but you're forgetting the band wagon effect.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

offshorerules wrote:Ah yes but you're forgetting the band wagon effect.
Not sure they have one for full price tickets and no free concert !
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

offshorerules wrote:Ah yes but you're forgetting the band wagon effect.
They're gonna need one big band wagon to fill that place.

It'll be half empty and Nigel Wray will spout a load of shite about how they could have filled it if not for the pesky ERC and their mad policy of charging for tickets.
We're all red on the inside.
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Maybe the ERC will have to rent some foreign crowd, at least for TV background.
You know, Boudjellal method. Sometimes it works!
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Toulon fan wrote:Maybe the ERC will have to rent some foreign crowd, at least for TV background.
You know, Boudjellal method. Sometimes it works!
There are a lot of southern hemisphere types knocking around London and he definitely has a liking for them. He can bus them in for the day. They're better than the locals, and cheaper too!
We're all red on the inside.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Brian Moore is already having a cut of the inept ERC via twitter over the Amlin final. Not enough tickets available for fans, though they have been on open sale for an age.

There seems to be a big problem with SOME English people and buying tickets- maybe just cultural thing, no where else seems to operate like it. Blame it all on the ERC
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

olaf the fat wrote:Brian Moore is already having a cut of the inept ERC via twitter over the Amlin final. Not enough tickets available for fans, though they have been on open sale for an age.

There seems to be a big problem with SOME English people and buying tickets- maybe just cultural thing, no where else seems to operate like it. Blame it all on the Stupid paddys
Fixed that for you, as it would seem to be the level of a lot if discourse on the ERC over the last year, sure aren't the poor English teams and even poorer English owners struggling against us and we really should be more of a mind to know our place. Sure these chaps in the PRL are great.