Stephen Ferris Retires

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ichabodscrane
Graduate

Re: Stephen Ferris Retires

Post by ichabodscrane »

I was afraid we'd take the emphasis off Fez!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

its not as bad the ww2 tangent one thread had once
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Really disappointed for Fez. Only knew how to play one way - like a beast. Big loss to Ireland/Ulster. Unfortunately though, I'm sure everyone has had enough time to get used to not having him.
I wonder if he had gone to Japan how he would have gotten on? Good luck in the future.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oh! and Nazis
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Peg Leg wrote:Really disappointed for Fez. Only knew how to play one way - like a beast. Big loss to Ireland/Ulster. Unfortunately though, I'm sure everyone has had enough time to get used to not having him.
I wonder if he had gone to Japan how he would have gotten on? Good luck in the future.
I was looking at an interview with Jacque Fourie and he was saying that the Japanese game was Very fast and was more about skill & offloads rather than banging it up the middle. I dunno how that would have suited him, it probably would just have been a retirement fund.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ichabodscrane wrote:I was looking at an interview with Jacque Fourie and he was saying that the Japanese game was Very fast and was more about skill & offloads rather than banging it up the middle. I dunno how that would have suited him, it probably would just have been a retirement fund.
I overheard some American Todd Clever fan talking about the skill of Japanese rugby, how it's all about avoiding contact......good idea when you have the ball....
No I think he'd have gotten on fine there. Elsom and Messam both did stints there didn't they?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

And Shane Williams . . .