Munster 2014/2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster 2014/2015

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol:

No, no more trilogies.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

the spoofer wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Not really sure where to put this but a great interview with new Gloucester coach and former Munster assistant coach Laurie Fisher here: http://www.espn.co.uk/super-rugby-2014/ ... 34133.html – one of the best I've read in recent years.

Well worth a read.
Good read.

On a different point, management have reviewed your productivity levels and have become very concerned. Unless you are Murray Kinsella, your output has dropped considerably. We have given you a verbal warning previously, take this as a first written one. Up your game boyo.
I'm not Murray Kinsella, and frankly his productivity is f*cking amazing! Consistently good articles pretty much every day of the week, sometimes twice a day.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote::lol:

No, no more trilogies.
I would like to point out I was referring to a crime/action movie the Munster players, mostly forwards, made a few years ago, the car stunts in it were very good apparently.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Now I'm a little worried about that being my first thought...
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Having a pop is probably the wrong choice of words. More a nod to his stint at Munster. Didn't he have trouble with McGahan at Munster trying to change their style of play?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Now I'm a little worried about that being my first thought...
I was making a reasonably obscure reference but yes you should be
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

I see Munsters new out half has got himself into a spot of trouble in South Africa. Been photographed out shooting game.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

offshorerules wrote:I see Munsters new out half has got himself into a spot of trouble in South Africa. Been photographed out shooting game.
He certainly has .....

Courting controversy: Crusaders players George Whitelock, Tyler Bleyendaal, Sam Whitelock, Tom Taylor and Ben Funnell with guides on a hunt in South Africa. Photo: Supplied

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... z39hjJspFE
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

How the feck could you willingly kill a zebra? Such a 'macho' thing to do, killing a harmless animal. Well done lads!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ichabodscrane wrote:How the feck could you willingly kill a zebra? Such a 'macho' thing to do, killing a harmless animal. Well done lads!
Might have been on the list - according to reports via the link supplied above several different species of animal were killed. Doesn't say who shot them though.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Tricky Dicky
Knowledgeable

Post by Tricky Dicky »

domhnallj wrote:
ichabodscrane wrote:How the feck could you willingly kill a zebra? Such a 'macho' thing to do, killing a harmless animal. Well done lads!
Might have been on the list - according to reports via the link supplied above several different species of animal were killed. Doesn't say who shot them though.
Tools
He who fights, and runs away... ...can run away another day
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

While I don't agree with what they did by a long shot, there would barely be an eyelid batted if John Hayes shot a couple of rabbits down around his farm. Or if someone shot a deer in Wicklow in hunting season.

Canterbury is farming country. Hunting is commonplace and these blokes would be no strangers to it. I don't really get the condemnation aside from that it was an area that was fenced off but these areas can be bigger than county Dublin.
Tricky Dicky
Knowledgeable

Post by Tricky Dicky »

ceemec wrote:
While I don't agree with what they did by a long shot, there would barely be an eyelid batted if John Hayes shot a couple of rabbits down around his farm. Or if someone shot a deer in Wicklow in hunting season.

Canterbury is farming country. Hunting is commonplace and these blokes would be no strangers to hunting. I don't really get the condemnation aside from that it was an area that was fenced off but these areas can be bigger than county Dublin.
Think of all the trouble they went to to organise killing the zebra just for fun. It's ok to shoot a deer to eat, but this wasn't for food. It was just to get a kick out of it. In my book they deserve all the condemnation they get
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Nobody deer hunting in Ireland is doing it because they need the meat. It's sport hunting for fun, just the same as this.

It was a hunting trip. Whether people agree with the whole concept or not, it's a legal activity and happens in most countries around the world.

If they weren't well known rugby players, nobody would think anything of it just as nobody mentions it if a deer is shot in Wicklow.
Tricky Dicky
Knowledgeable

Post by Tricky Dicky »

ceemec wrote:Nobody deer hunting in Ireland is doing it because they need the meat. It's sport hunting for fun, just the same as this.

It was a hunting trip. Whether people agree with the whole concept or not, it's a legal activity and happens in most countries around the world.

If they weren't well known rugby players, nobody would think anything of it just as nobody mentions it if a deer is shot in Wicklow.
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. If they weren't rugby players, it wouldn't get as much coverage, but they'd still be just as low in my eyes
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

ceemec wrote:

Canterbury is farming country. Hunting is commonplace and these blokes would be no strangers to it. I don't really get the condemnation aside from that it was an area that was fenced off but these areas can be bigger than county Dublin.
I'm not condemning hunting, personally I wouldn't do it.. It's the aesthetic of a dead zebra, they are amazing intelligent animals. I know I probably sound like a sissy but hey I studied zoology and have a deep love of animals. Anyway they can do what they like but putting in a paper is wrong imo.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ceemec wrote:Nobody deer hunting in Ireland is doing it because they need the meat. It's sport hunting for fun, just the same as this.

Plenty of people in Ireland - in fact every single deer hunter I've ever met - hunts deer for the meat, its kind of the point.

Now, do they need to hunt for venison when they could just buy it in the butchers, perhaps not, but at the end of the day the deer is getting killed. Whether its from a distance with a rifle or in a crush with a Humane Killer, the end result is the same and one could argue that its more ethical to kill your own food rather than keeping a nice sanitised distance between the plate and the reality

Hunting and killing an animal that you or someone else isn't going to eat is an entirely different bag of spanners.
I have Bumbleflex
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

Generally in Ireland people who shoot deer either eat it or sell it on give it away for meat..shooting a zebra is different and considering the animal was somewhat corralled is a pretty lame pursuit... whether they were rugby players or not id take a dim view of it..
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

Kinda gets worse for Tyler Bleyendaal.......
ONE FOR THE MANTELPIECE: Tyler Bleyendaal poses with a kill on his South Africa hunt.