Welsh Rugby 2014 -2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Welsh Rugby 2014 -2015

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cardiff got turned over at home by Dragons, really are a shambles
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Blues were dire, for some reason a lot of their best players were left on the bench, looks like they are all but out of the ERC running for next season (wonder why they lobbied so hard for the changes in qualifying now!)

Our game vs the scarlets was a messy one, their scrum had us on toast and Lee is really stepping up to be a major talent now. AWJ and Tupric shone for us and if we can get over the line in the rematch we are looking well set for a top 4 finish.

I fancy the turks to pull of the victory though :cry: :cry:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:Blues were dire, for some reason a lot of their best players were left on the bench, looks like they are all but out of the ERC running for next season (wonder why they lobbied so hard for the changes in qualifying now!)

Our game vs the scarlets was a messy one, their scrum had us on toast and Lee is really stepping up to be a major talent now. AWJ and Tupric shone for us and if we can get over the line in the rematch we are looking well set for a top 4 finish.

I fancy the turks to pull of the victory though :cry: :cry:
a different set of Turks shot my great grandfather so know how you feel, they won that one too

Lee is the business alright, Priestland out (?) means they gain some goalkicking
JDs flanker brother looks good too

thought Lydiate went well for you guys
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

lydiate bring physical power and strength to the team, will do well for us.

Looks like Duncan jones and Jarvis are back in the 23 for the weekend, so who knows?

I hope preistland is fi for them, shingler is a much better kicker than him

Your granddad at Galipoli?

A colossal failure by Churchill and co that has been well and truly covered up
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:lydiate bring physical power and strength to the team, will do well for us.

Looks like Duncan jones and Jarvis are back in the 23 for the weekend, so who knows?

shot in the backside, one bullet went through both cheeks

why are Lllanelli called the Turks? lest we go on a Churchilian tangent

Dan Evans I was very impressed with the other day, his signing seemed to go under the radar a bit
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dragons go down at home to Cardiff with a scrum on the blues line. 9 11. First pro12 result of 2015.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
JB1973 wrote:lydiate bring physical power and strength to the team, will do well for us.

shot in the backside, one bullet went through both cheeks

why are Lllanelli called the Turks? lest we go on a Churchilian tangent

Dan Evans I was very impressed with the other day, his signing seemed to go under the radar a bit

They are called Turks (to the best of my knowledge) because during strike action Swansea Dockers refused to unload Turkish ships, the Llanelli dockers agreed to unload the ships and they were then labelled "turks"

Dan Evans is a very sold pro 12 level full back, has been a welcome addition to the ospreys, I can't see him getting past halfpenny or Williams for a welsh cap though.

Blues vs drags another scrappy affair but Anscombe provided some moments of class, will be interesting to see if figures in the 6 nations
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cheers

Jake Ball has signed central contract so that business is starting to gather momentum
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

The attendance for Cardiff City's FA Cup match on Friday was 4,194.

The attendance for Dragons v Cardiff the day before was 8,486.

Would be good for the league and the Blues if they can hover up some of the disheartened fans. They do play in Blue after all.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IanD wrote:The attendance for Cardiff City's FA Cup match on Friday was 4,194.

The attendance for Dragons v Cardiff the day before was 8,486.

Would be good for the league and the Blues if they can hover up some of the disheartened fans. They do play in Blue after all.
and the chairman isnt a Thunderbirds villain
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Priestland to Bath:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30694432

I can see why he might want to get out of Wales, but I fail to see the logic of moving to a club where the head coach's son plays in your position.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:Priestland to Bath:

I can see why he might want to get out of Wales, but I fail to see the logic of moving to a club where the head coach's son plays in your position.
well he will get to start while the world cup is on :D
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:

As long as he is no where near the welsh side I'll be happy :D

Owen Williams stays at Leicester, I thought he may have come back to the scarlets
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

As long as he is no where near the welsh side I'll be happy :D

Owen Williams stays at Leicester, I thought he may have come back to the scarlets
Ford snr has said they may play a 10 12 of Ford & Priestland whihc means theyd have Burgess, Eastmond and Joseph all on big money but covering only one position, seems odd and would raise even more questions about whether or not theyre breaching salary cap or trying to
Williams has re signed with Tigers so talk now is Jordan Williams as back up 10 for Scarlets behind Shingler

I see Lee has a neck/disc injury which is ominous for his 6n and bad news for the Turks short term. Missed/didnt know he was a Swansea boy too. And after all the fuss Wilfred Bony might be going to Man City too
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Ford snr has said they may play a 10 12 of Ford & Priestland whihc means theyd have Burgess, Eastmond and Joseph all on big money but covering only one position, seems odd and would raise even more questions about whether or not theyre breaching salary cap or trying to
Williams has re signed with Tigers so talk now is Jordan Williams as back up 10 for Scarlets behind Shingler

I see Lee has a neck/disc injury which is ominous for his 6n and bad news for the Turks short term. Missed/didnt know he was a Swansea boy too. And after all the fuss Wilfred Bony might be going to Man City too[/quote]

losing lee would be a massive blow for Wales, if he is out of the 6 nations we have no chance of winning it.

Bit gutted about Bony but £30m is a lot of money, maybe we could send them liam Williams in his fancy dress and hope they don't notice :lol:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30722648

"Cardiff Blues sign Samoa centre Rey Lee-Lo from Hurricaines"

Is that a player or a musical score Ted?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:Ford snr has said they may play a 10 12 of Ford & Priestland whihc means theyd have Burgess, Eastmond and Joseph all on big money but covering only one position, seems odd and would raise even more questions about whether or not theyre breaching salary cap or trying to

I see Lee has a neck/disc injury which is ominous for his 6n and bad news for the Turks short term. Missed/didnt know he was a Swansea boy too. And after all the fuss Wilfred Bony might be going to Man City too

losing lee would be a massive blow for Wales, if he is out of the 6 nations we have no chance of winning it.

Bit gutted about Bony but £30m is a lot of money, maybe we could send them liam Williams in his fancy dress and hope they don't notice :lol:[/quote]

am more concerned about keeping Scarlets out of Europe :)
Rhodri Jones is injured too so it would be Adam Jones come back all is forgiven

I think Liam Williams fills in for Joey Barton in life
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfie ... 92332.html
Welsh rugby player with size 21 feet pleads for boots to resume career
Carl Griffiths of Trimsaran RFC, who claims his giant feet make him more attractive to women, can't continue playing career until boots that can fit him are made

Published 08/01/2015 | 14:32

Carl Griffiths of Trimsaran RFC has been said to have the largest feet in Britain, and has ruined the last set of boots he wore for rugby, which themselves were only size 18, three sizes too small for him.

The 6ft 8ins Griffiths has contacted boot manufacturers but has yet to find anyone who makes boots big enough to fit him. One company quoted him £300 to make a bespoke pair in size 21.

He told the Llanelli Star: “I’m hoping someone can help out because of how frustrating it is.

“Not being able to play because of not having shoes is just aggravating.

Weekend rugby review: Leicester Tigers show roar of old but Bath will not be worried after defeat

“At least when you have an injury, you know you just can’t play for a while. But when I’m out just because of not having shoes that fit, it’s just really frustrating.

“I just want to play rugby. I’ve had some boots in size 18, I wore them with my toes curled right up, but I broke a toe when someone stepped on it.

“The boots I have had haven’t really fit properly for a long time.

“I’ve played a few games with broken boots taped up over the holes, and I’ve been doing some of the training sessions wearing my normal trainers, but I end up spending more time on the floor than I do in the game.

“All the boot companies we’ve asked say they just don’t make them that big.

“I did get a quote from one company to specially make me a pair, but it would cost well over £300.

“I don’t get a lot of answers from the big companies, so I think my best chance will be if one of the smaller sports companies hear about this and decide they want to help me out.

“I’m 22 and I think I’ve stopped growing now so a new pair that fit should last a while.

“I have had times when I’ve had to take time out from rugby before and tried other sports, but it’s rugby that I really want to play.

“I do get asked a lot if I play basketball — when it’s not people asking if I play second row. I don’t think I’m synchronised enough for it!”

Griffiths' feet are 14.5ins long. In an interview with the Sun in 2011 he was quoted as saying his feet had made him more attractive to women, and that he had "bedded more than 30 women".

Trimsaran RFC, for whom Wales rugby legend Jonathan Davies played, are a feeder club for Llanelli Scarlets.

Telegraph.co.uk
:lol: Probably 30 disappointed women!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

yuo d think one of these women would buy him a set of boots
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ospreys in the Pro12 aside, why are the Welsh regions still struggling massively, especially in Europe?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!