Welsh Rugby 2014 -2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Welsh Rugby 2014 -2015

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Adam Jones got banned for driving for 6 months today too so not a good day!

Is Lee fit though? for opening rounds?

anything happens Faletau (mid game) and theyre snookered, although he's Heaslip like

bar front row and 8 theres decent depth in all positions

Halfpenny v Williams a big big call at 15

lee should be fit (if not I think Gatland will draft in adam tbh)

Warburton played 8 upto under 20's but I don't think he has played there since, Naividi would at least give some cover there.

I don't like the bloke but Williams should start at 15, I'd move halfpenny to wing and drop Cuthbert.

Although I reckon it'll be halfpenny full back and Williams wing.

The rest of the team picks itself, with no cole,launnchbury,lawes Morgan and tulagi we have a good chance first up against the English.

Win that and the championship opens for us , lose it and we are looking down the barrel.

No pressure lads :D
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cuthbert rejects dual contract thus fuelling the rumours hes off (to the Auvergne)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:Cuthbert rejects dual contract thus fuelling the rumours hes off (to the Auvergne)
Mooted to have fallen out with hammacott at the blues and to have had a £500k a year offer from Clermont.

If he does go, I wonder if Gatland's law will come into force.

On a separate note Tyler Morgan from the drags really starting to impress, big strong boy with a turn of pace, if he keeps developing at this rate I can see him pushing john davies out of the welsh side come the next 6 nations
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Cuthbert rejects dual contract thus fuelling the rumours hes off (to the Auvergne)
Mooted to have fallen out with hammacott at the blues and to have had a £500k a year offer from Clermont.

On a separate note Tyler Morgan from the drags really starting to impress, big strong boy with a turn of pace, if he keeps developing at this rate I can see him pushing john davies out of the welsh side come the next 6 nations
at 13? thought he was a wing?
mightnt stay in newport for long either way

if Cuthbert is worth 500k a year then the mind boggles, Savea is worth that, not Cuthbert
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:if Cuthbert is worth 500k a year then the mind boggles, Savea is worth that, not Cuthbert
As long as Clermont are attacking all the time and he doesn't have a good tactical kicker against him or a good 13/wing/15 forcing him to make a defensive read then he's well worth it.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
JB1973 wrote:

at 13? thought he was a wing?
mightnt stay in newport for long either way

if Cuthbert is worth 500k a year then the mind boggles, Savea is worth that, not Cuthbert

he's a centre by trade, played some games on the wing last year to ease him into the regional level. He's really good, big strong fast and he's a black belt in judo apparently so always helpful if it cuts up rough :D

Cuthbert is very limited so many flaws in his game but he doesn't have know where that try line is, £500 k is crazy money but nice work if you can get it!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

If Cuthbert is worth 500k then Darragh Fanning is worth his weight in pewter
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Welsh under 18 regional age group final last night Ospreys beat the blues 43-14 , the two centres Owen Watkins and Kieran Williams have got a real chance of going on to do big things in the game.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

JB1973 wrote:Welsh under 18 regional age group final last night Ospreys beat the blues 43-14 , the two centres Owen Watkins and Kieran Williams have got a real chance of going on to do big things in the game.
Imports are they?
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31593687

Whose going to take charge now?

Rumor has it everone's favourite PRL chief exec may throw his hat into the mix :shock: :shock: :shock:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Cardiff Blues confirm audacious bid for Taulupe Faletau
ESPN Staff, Now

Cardiff Blues chairman Peter Thomas has confirmed the club have made contact with unsettled Wales star Taulupe Faletau as the No.8 nears an exit from Newport Gwent Dragons.

Faletau looks set to leave Rodney Parade having failed to agree an extension to his current deal, which has a year to run, while missing the deadline for a central contract.

England appeared to be the back-row's most likely destination with Bath and Northampton both reportedly interested. However, the Blues are not going to let him leave Wales without a fight.

Thomas told WalesOnline: "We have been in contact with Taulupe Faletau's agent and made him an offer.

"Cardiff Blues are most definitely interested in the player coming to us and I am sure Warren Gatland would be delighted at keeping him in Wales.

"If the Dragons opt to make a business decision to release him, then I would fully understand that.

"But if we can offer a way to keep him here, to keep him performing him at regional level and playing for Wales - with all the off-field and financial benefits that come with that - then surely that's the best option for Welsh rugby?

"With a national dual contract and support from the Blues we can do that.

"It has to be better that he stays in Wales rather than goes outside the country.

"The disappointing thing is we have had no response from his agent."

Faletau has emerged as a major target for Bath following South African No.8 Duane Vermeulen's decision to join Toulon.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Toby, how would you like to play for an equally cr@p team for the same money?

Hes off to Bath or Saints
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:Toby, how would you like to play for an equally cr@p team for the same money?

That's an interesting article - I heard just last week that the reason he didn't get a central contract was because it was offered on the basis that he had to move to Ospreys and apparently he refused to do that to Dragons
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Toby, how would you like to play for an equally cr@p team for the same money?

That's an interesting article - I heard just last week that the reason he didn't get a central contract was because it was offered on the basis that he had to move to Ospreys and apparently he refused to do that to Dragons
Know Gatty is not fond of changing his backrow but except for Champions Cup rugby (and not like Gatty picks on club form anyway) an Ospreys move would be very odd as they have Baker, Lydiate, Tipuric, Delve, King so would create a logjam

Scarlets would make arguably more sense but theyre broke