Connacht 2014/15

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Connacht 2014/15

Post by Oldschool »

Score, minutes left anyone?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I very rarely criticise refs whose first name isn't George.

His incompetence changed the result of the game.

That is literally the worst thing I can say about a referee
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

He was awful for both sides but seemed to just pick on Connacht for the last 25 mins. The penalty decision at the end of normal time will get the most attention but there were so many more poor baffling decisions. How did he miss the crooked throw just before half time in extra time? That led to a penalty that Hook knocked over. That'll take a long time for Connacht to get over.

Credit to Johnny May at the end, astonishing play from him.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He was awful for both sides but seemed to just pick on Connacht for the last 25 mins. The penalty decision at the end of normal time will get the most attention but there were so many more poor baffling decisions. How did he miss the crooked throw just before half time in extra time? That led to a penalty that Hook knocked over. That'll take a long time for Connacht to get over.

meh easy to run at a broken field when its forwards whove played 120 mins

I missed 2nd half bar last 3 minutes but that penalty was horrendous, textbook penalty for Connacht at worst a scrum for both sides infringing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Poite was disgracefully bad. Westies robbed.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

jezzer wrote:Poite was disgracefully bad. Westies robbed.

I havn't seen the game. But I trust in you. Poite is a d!%khead.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

it was worse than the Munster All Blacks game, he was that bad

then five mins into overtime he pings Connacht for the exact same thing
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

whatever about the pen against Connacht for Muldoon not releasing when Palmer was blatanly lying on the wrong side; it was even worse -given the benefit of replay/TMO that he ignored 333333333333's not only obstructing but linking arms with Browne for Meakes waltz to the line. One of the worst displays from a ref in a while.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

desperado wrote:whatever about the pen against Connacht for Muldoon not releasing when Palmer was blatanly lying on the wrong side; it was even worse -given the benefit of replay/TMO that he ignored 333333333333's not only obstructing but linking arms with Browne for Meakes waltz to the line. One of the worst displays from a ref in a while.
that was also woeful defence from Connacht
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Still, you've got to feel sorry for them.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He was awful for both sides but seemed to just pick on Connacht for the last 25 mins. The penalty decision at the end of normal time will get the most attention but there were so many more poor baffling decisions. How did he miss the crooked throw just before half time in extra time? That led to a penalty that Hook knocked over. That'll take a long time for Connacht to get over.

Jaysus, I'd like to see you run most of the length of the pitch after 115 mins or so of rugby! It wasn't just that he ran back and beat people but the fact that he trailed the ball the whole way and still had the gas and endurance to run around Carty with ease at the end. It wasn't like he was fresh as a daisy, he could barely move after he put the ball down.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Jaysus, I'd like to see you run most of the length of the pitch after 115 mins or so of rugby! It wasn't just that he ran back and beat people but the fact that he trailed the ball the whole way and still had the gas and endurance to run around Carty with ease at the end. It wasn't like he was fresh as a daisy, he could barely move after he put the ball down.
ah mostly sour grapes on my part, but Carty could hardly walk, lets see May hit a few rucks and then I'll respect him as a modern winger :mrgreen:
offshorerules wrote:Still, you've got to feel sorry for them.
bigtime, was too much ref blaming during the season but sad to see them get screwed over by one again