The "I cant believe it's not the Heineken Cup" Final 2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: The "I cant believe it's not the Heineken Cup" Final 201

Post by Dave Cahill »

VGE wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Clermont are unquestionably the stupidest team in the history of European rugby. Every time they are faced with a choice between doing the right thing or the really f%~king stupid thing, they'll pick the latter.

You should wear rugby clothes and show what you are able to do.

Toulon deserves it, but it's a paradox: they gave ASM opportunities to win in match they should have won by 25 or more.
The strongest won today.

Au revoir.
When the clock is in the red at the end of the half with my team in the lead I wouldn't try a chip and chase.

When the clock is in the red at the end of the match I wouldnt try a hail mary cross kick to the touchline.
I have Bumbleflex
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Dave Cahill wrote:
VGE wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Clermont are unquestionably the stupidest team in the history of European rugby. Every time they are faced with a choice between doing the right thing or the really f%~king stupid thing, they'll pick the latter.

You should wear rugby clothes and show what you are able to do.

Toulon deserves it, but it's a paradox: they gave ASM opportunities to win in match they should have won by 25 or more.
The strongest won today.

Au revoir.
When the clock is in the red at the end of the half with my team in the lead I wouldn't try a chip and chase.

When the clock is in the red at the end of the match I wouldnt try a hail mary cross kick to the touchline.
It's absolutely right. But Toulon was better today, and could have be beaten. It's not about choke, or I have to say that Toulon choked too. Weird feeling: they should have won by 25 or more. That's why it is so different of 2013 (or 2010 and 2012 vs Leinster). In fact I agree with you: we can create the more impossible ways to lose, whatever we deserve to win or not.

But is Abendanon a local choker? No, he just made his poorest game (but what a try!) of the season.
Believe me, I was absolutely gutted at half time. For me, game was over. We were lucky to lead just before, because Toulon was more powerful.
I don't understand either why we were only leaded by 6 at the end. But I was cool, sure we will not score. Of course, I would have enjoyed an unexpected win, of course I was mad when Lopez kicked. It was the last thing to do.

Today, you've seen the best ASM fly half: Mike Delany. I will never know why he'll had not play more in Clermont. He will miss me.

At least, believe me: if a Clermont supporter says that Toulon deserved to win, that must be true.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Clermont have the coach and the players to beat everyone, including Toulon.
* That was not Cotter's fault, now he's gone
* That was not Brock James' fault, he was missing, too
* The new coach Azema has done a great job, and changed few details since Cotter, including the adaptation to the situation during the game. ASM are even stronger than before.
* It's not a mental weakness or a kind suicidal attitude, like many people could think.

ASM have 2 big problems and 2 variables in my humble opinion:
* Always have one brain on the field. Toulon take care to change a brain by another, a Juan Smith by a Fernandez-Lobbe, a Wilkinson by a Giteau,...
* Lhermet out : what's his job exactly? He parasites Azema's work and he certainly have an influence on the group, formerly he probably parasited Cotter's work, as well.
* Kayser sh!t on his pants in every finals. 4 finals: 4 losses. Definitely a good league player but overrated at international level.
* Abendannon is the new Michalak: it's very hard for a team to play a playoff game with inconstant players. In a final you can't go all-in on just one player.

I'm convinced the day when Azema will have the free hands on his group managing, and recruitment, Clermont will be unstoppable.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !