Best Value for Training Kit

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Amz
Mullet

Best Value for Training Kit

Post by Amz »

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to pick up some bits and pieces for training/playing (socks, new gum shield etc.) I've been looking online at the likes of prodirectrugby, lovell etc. the cost of postage keeps putting me off using them. I buy in bricks and mortar shops when possible, but the range can be very poor.

Are there any good value sites with free, or reasonable postage to ireland and decent prices for gear?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Best Value for Training Kit

Post by Morf »

Amz wrote:Hi folks,

I'm hoping to pick up some bits and pieces for training/playing (socks, new gum shield etc.) I've been looking online at the likes of prodirectrugby, lovell etc. the cost of postage keeps putting me off using them. I buy in bricks and mortar shops when possible, but the range can be very poor.

Are there any good value sites with free, or reasonable postage to ireland and decent prices for gear?
No free postage that I've seen.

Lovell have a flat €9.99 rate so if you could club together for a larger order with team mates it might work out well.

Pro-direct are pretty poor when it comes to rugby gear and discounting old stock. It's a £6.95 couriered service for them for 2 items going up after that I think.

Rugbystore.co.uk have such a rubbish website that I don't use them any more really. I think it was £6 but their replica/boot stock is poor although the training stuff might be ok.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Cheers Morf.

Seems all of the UK sites do charge for shipping (seems to be the same with cycling shops online) I like to buy from places that give free shipping, or Irish sites when possible.

(Poor student!)
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Amz wrote:Cheers Morf.

Seems all of the UK sites do charge for shipping (seems to be the same with cycling shops online) I like to buy from places that give free shipping, or Irish sites when possible.

(Poor student!)
Parcel Motel (if free UK shipping) is €3.95 now. I tried to set up pay as you go but ended up having to buy 3 (when it was) €3.50 uses for €11.50.

A lot of the smaller UK sports stores/independents are £10 minimum shipping so the above aren't so bad.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

ask Sheepshagger, he knows all about that stuff.
Get in the f%~king bag.