Pro 12 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Pro 12 - General Thread

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:That's exactly his point.
Correct
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

God moves in mysterious ways, just not on the day of rest.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Morf wrote:God moves in mysterious ways, just not on the day of rest.
Except for women's Tennis
God ‏@TheTweetOfGod

Serena Williams just thanked Me! You’re welcome, Serena! That’s what I do all day! Decide the winner of women’s tennis matches!!!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

The Anathemata wrote:The loss of the coach, DOR, frontline props, and heartbeat (Ferris, Wallace and Muller) is massive.
Only if they were actually any good.

Wallace and Ferris we great players for Ulster but they have been gone for some time. As was Afoa if you look at it. All three have effectively been replaced on the roster with quality players.

With regards to the DoR and the Coach, both of them massively underachieved given the resources they had at their disposal. I don't see a problem with either of them moving on, in fact I reckon they are stronger now then they were in that area.

Ulster have lost a few superstars names, thats about it really.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Logorrhea wrote:
The Anathemata wrote:The loss of the coach, DOR, frontline props, and heartbeat (Ferris, Wallace and Muller) is massive.
Only if they were actually any good.

Wallace and Ferris we great players for Ulster but they have been gone for some time. As was Afoa if you look at it. All three have effectively been replaced on the roster with quality players.

With regards to the DoR and the Coach, both of them massively underachieved given the resources they had at their disposal. I don't see a problem with either of them moving on, in fact I reckon they are stronger now then they were in that area.

Ulster have lost a few superstars names, thats about it really.
I actually think that we have a slightly stronger squad than last year, Olding takes over from Wallace and we have Ludik who can cover from 11 to 15, Herbst is looking like a decent replacement for Afoa, his wife even likes it here, Warwick is a good replacement for Court, Franco VDM is our new Muller and as for Ferris over the past 3 seasons you could count his matches on the fingers of one hand.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Humphries did a fantastic job, recruitment and marketing wise. He was let down by his coach.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:Humphries did a fantastic job, recruitment and marketing wise. He was let down by his coach.
Whom he recruited, no?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

rooster wrote:I actually think that we have a slightly stronger squad than last year, Olding takes over from Wallace and we have Ludik who can cover from 11 to 15, Herbst is looking like a decent replacement for Afoa, his wife even likes it here, Warwick is a good replacement for Court, Franco VDM is our new Muller and as for Ferris over the past 3 seasons you could count his matches on the fingers of one hand.
It's all coming up Millhouse! If only Rory had won the FedEx Cup . . .
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

blockhead wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Humphries did a fantastic job, recruitment and marketing wise. He was let down by his coach.
Whom he recruited, no?
Oh he was Humphs signing
And Muller was a big influence in Herbst, Ludik and Franco VDM signing
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Last season Cardiff finished in 7th place with 41 points and Scarlets were in 6th place with 55 points.
By comparison 6th and 7th placed in last seasons' PRL had 57 and 49 respectively.

It'll be interesting to see how many points are required this season to finish 6th or 7th in the Guinness PRO12.
Last season Connacht finished with 35 points.
Connacht already have 12 points in the bag and the two Italion Stallions home and away still to come with a likely 16 more points guaranteed.
That would put them on 28 points.

Thoughts anyone on what the likely 6th and 7th placed points haul will be? And can Connacht do it?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

Oldschool wrote:Last season Cardiff finished in 7th place with 41 points and Scarlets were in 6th place with 55 points.
By comparison 6th and 7th placed in last seasons' PRL had 57 and 49 respectively.

It'll be interesting to see how many points are required this season to finish 6th or 7th in the Guinness PRO12.
Last season Connacht finished with 35 points.
Connacht already have 12 points in the bag and the two Italion Stallions home and away still to come with a likely 16 more points guaranteed.
That would put them on 28 points.

Thoughts anyone on what the likely 6th and 7th placed points haul will be? And can Connacht do it?
All good questions, Based on signings Cardiff were apparantly going to be a contender this year but twice not even getting losing bonus points at home shows the gulf between signings and performance.
Scarletts collapsed against Ulster and had the benefit of an intercept try
Welsh teams yet to beat Scottish or Irish team this year
I didn't think Connacht could do it 3 weeks ago but now? L U M G O Z + 1 from S, CB, E, Conn, NG with Connacht the form team
Say what we like about the politics and methods of the EPRC, qualification makes the pro12 a lot more interesting and competetive.
Does 8th place get an away qualification match this year?
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

8th and 9th. But when an Italian team is taken in from 11th. It effectively means 7th and 8th will have away qualifiers.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dregs 13 - 23 Glasgow. Glasgow down to 14 after a red card about 20 mins ago. Turning into a good contest. Glasgow really putting it up the Dregs
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

BP for Glasgow at 77mins. 3 tries while down to 14. They lost Strauss at 60mins with no replacement forward and still held it together. They've been very good, territorial kicking is brilliant and excellent with ball in hand.
13-33 FT
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:Dregs 13 - 23 Glasgow. Glasgow down to 14 after a red card about 20 mins ago. Turning into a good contest. Glasgow really putting it up the Dregs
just saw the stamping incident, Dragons player holding a Glasgow jersey from the bottom of the ruck with TJ telling him to stop, Glasgow 7 gets up and stamps on the guys shoulder. Stuart Barnes in commentary box apoplectic over Glasgow player getting penalised at all despite blatant red
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Glasgow had great structure in their attacking play even with 14 men. OK Dragons are a poor side but it was a very impressive performance by Glasgow
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

Ouch! Ospreys put 62 points and 9 tries past Embra.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

a two tier league has now become a 3 tier league, suppose thats something

Glasgow, leinster, Munster, Ulster

Ospreys, Scarlets, Cardiff, Connacht

Dragons, Edinburgh, Italians
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:Dregs 13 - 23 Glasgow. Glasgow down to 14 after a red card about 20 mins ago. Turning into a good contest. Glasgow really putting it up the Dregs
just saw the stamping incident, Dragons player holding a Glasgow jersey from the bottom of the ruck with TJ telling him to stop, Glasgow 7 gets up and stamps on the guys shoulder. Stuart Barnes in commentary box apoplectic over Glasgow player getting penalised at all despite blatant red
Think the anger over here is not so much the red card itself, it's the "use" of the TMO. The ref clearly asked to review what led up to the incident, the TMO didn't even attempt to.

There seems to be a worrying trend of decisions being made where the footage used (or convienent lack there of) leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there any reason why the TMO can't be neutral like the ref? Does the TMO even need to be in the stadium?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Don't the NFL have Independant TMO like characters based in a HQ somewhere? Not even in the same state as the game.

Unless obviously the game is being played in the same state as the HQ, then they're not too far away.
Get in the f%~king bag.