Pro 12 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Pro 12 - General Thread

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:But when you add in the European gates our average goes up to 19260; Munster's is 19053 and Ulster's is 15894
I'm just a middle man :D but yeah that table is just for the league

hopefully our (league) attendences will go up significantly next year
At the very least we can expect the Adam Byrne appreciation choir to boost the numbers. They have submitted a group petition for ticket concessions.
they sound like troublemakers

season tickets have just topped 10k
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

rooster wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:
ronk wrote:
The ownership model is surprisingly popular with fans for something that hasn't been a success.
They peddled the supporters pipe dreams of big signings, big stadia and big crowds (and often threw around the possibility of one day joining the AP, harking back to well-attended games between Ponty and Bath when Welsh teams were actually competitive).

The owners have now come to realise that none of the above is possible in the short term, and some of it is only possible in the long term if they're not interested in recouping their money. The supporters still have their heads in the clouds.
I would say their heads were in the clouds via their arses, if they joined the AP they would struggle along with at least one side in the Championship if not 2
Just 2?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

The Doc wrote:
rooster wrote:
Munsterboy wrote: They peddled the supporters pipe dreams of big signings, big stadia and big crowds (and often threw around the possibility of one day joining the AP, harking back to well-attended games between Ponty and Bath when Welsh teams were actually competitive).

The owners have now come to realise that none of the above is possible in the short term, and some of it is only possible in the long term if they're not interested in recouping their money. The supporters still have their heads in the clouds.
I would say their heads were in the clouds via their arses, if they joined the AP they would struggle along with at least one side in the Championship if not 2
Just 2?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Ok I didn't want to be too hard on them 3 then is nearer and the other in a dogfight for survival
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:But when you add in the European gates our average goes up to 19260; Munster's is 19053 and Ulster's is 15894
I'm just a middle man :D but yeah that table is just for the league

hopefully our (league) attendences will go up significantly next year
simonokeeffe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: At the very least we can expect the Adam Byrne appreciation choir to boost the numbers. They have submitted a group petition for ticket concessions.
they sound like troublemakers

season tickets have just topped 10k
I wouldn't mind them too much - we had the Rory O'Loughlin fan club sitting beside us the night he made his debut. I swear to God they were all late teen/early twenties LADS who screamed 'come on sworly' every time he touched the ball :lol:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Its these private shool boys, theyre all so gauche

Who plays who in the playoffs now after last night?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

simonokeeffe wrote:Its these private shool boys, theyre all so gauche

Northampton v Connacht in Northampton.

Don't really know the other side.
Anyone But New Zealand
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

FLIP wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Its these private shool boys, theyre all so gauche

Northampton v Connacht in Northampton.

Don't really know the other side.
Cardiff v Stade Francais.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Connacht looked goosed. Saints get home final. Wonder how motivated Stade will be, if they were up for it theyd brutalise Cardiff
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Houston set to be announced at end of the month. Should be interesting. There's alot of negativity surrounding it all but I say give it a chance.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I'd want it from a source that's not the Grauniad before I even start contemplating it to be possible.
Anyone But New Zealand
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

FLIP wrote:I'd want it from a source that's not the Grauniad before I even start contemplating it to be possible.
But we do, it comes from "high-placed sources in the US and UK"...

Grauniad's rugby coverage is awful.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

All of their matches would have to be played at lunchtime on Home soil to get a tv audience here. They couldn't have any Friday games. Unless there was a clear path to an American league from this or it was a Pro12 exile team, it's not viable.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:All of their matches would have to be played at lunchtime on Home soil to get a tv audience here. They couldn't have any Friday games. Unless there was a clear path to an American league from this or it was a Pro12 exile team, it's not viable.
the article basically says theres a rumoured pro12 team in Houston, then lists all the many large stumbling blocks
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

FLIP wrote:I'd want it from a source that's not the Grauniad before I even start contemplating it to be possible.
Widely rumoured that a senior Leinster executive confirmed this (without precise identity of US location) during the week at a Leinster meeting. Also still some discussion with Canadian Union team - but queries re a covered stadium to allow midwinter games. Indications also from German rugby that Heidleberg owner also trying to get into the Pro12 scene.

The competition model from 2018-19 likely to be Conference based

Check out old interview from I Times in July 2016 with Philip Browne - possible link www.//rugbylad.com
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Widely rumoured that a senior Leinster executive confirmed this (without precise identity of US location) during the week at a Leinster meeting. Also still some discussion with Canadian Union team - but queries re a covered stadium to allow midwinter games. Indications also from German rugby that Heidleberg owner also trying to get into the Pro12 scene.

The competition model from 2018-19 likely to be Conference based

Check out old interview from I Times in July 2016 with Philip Browne - possible link www.//rugbylad.com
The Heidelberg owner is likely to be announced tomorrow to be the new owner of Stade Francais. He has been using ex Bourgoin and Stade Rochelais lock Robert Mohr, a former team-mate of Pascal Pape, as a go-between with Pape rumoured to be getting a GM type role. Capri-Sun will take over as sponsor. Mohr is currently the director of the Wild Rugby Academy in Germany
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Really interesting development DC. Will watch that space as he is very dedicated to success of German rugby nationally.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

He pretty much is German rugby! I can't see him taking on two projects like this. Stade are a basket case club and professional German rugby is newborn in terms of development. Both projects require 100% focus so if the Stade takeover goes through, the german pro12 project will be in stasis for a few years.
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:He pretty much is German rugby! I can't see him taking on two projects like this. Stade are a basket case club and professional German rugby is newborn in terms of development. Both projects require 100% focus so if the Stade takeover goes through, the german pro12 project will be in stasis for a few years.
If stade are to be the breeding ground for the German national front can we can we start calling Racing, the resistance?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Its a good development for German rugby. I presume Stade will link up with German rugby like bringing in Germans into their academy etc. Then in years to come they might be ready for a professional German team.