Pro 12 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Pro 12 - General Thread

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
paddyor wrote:Dregs 13 - 23 Glasgow. Glasgow down to 14 after a red card about 20 mins ago. Turning into a good contest. Glasgow really putting it up the Dregs
just saw the stamping incident, Dragons player holding a Glasgow jersey from the bottom of the ruck with TJ telling him to stop, Glasgow 7 gets up and stamps on the guys shoulder. Stuart Barnes in commentary box apoplectic over Glasgow player getting penalised at all despite blatant red
Think the anger over here is not so much the red card itself, it's the "use" of the TMO. The ref clearly asked to review what led up to the incident, the TMO didn't even attempt to.

There seems to be a worrying trend of decisions being made where the footage used (or convienent lack there of) leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there any reason why the TMO can't be neutral like the ref? Does the TMO even need to be in the stadium?
it still would have been a red card I reckon, think they were checking had there been any serious foul play in the build up to it, POC's red card v Ospreys for precedent
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Slipper1 wrote:Don't the NFL have Independant TMO like characters based in a HQ somewhere? Not even in the same state as the game.

Unless obviously the game is being played in the same state as the HQ, then they're not too far away.
The NFL have the review booth at pitch side and the Referee reviews the play and makes the call himself. The TV Stations tend to have an Ex ref in their studio to give their opinion and what way the review will go
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dont Panic!
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

There have been some dodgy decisions in the Pro12 but that really tops the lot. I guess the only consolation is that it had no bearing on the result or the league table, with the bonus point already achieved.

Munster are lucky that they have produced both Fitzgibbon and Clancy. If anyone else produced them they would be reffing our games.
I rate Lacey but the other two, Fitzgibbon in particular, are awful
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

All Blacks nil wrote:
There have been some dodgy decisions in the Pro12 but that really tops the lot. I guess the only consolation is that it had no bearing on the result or the league table, with the bonus point already achieved.

Munster are lucky that they have produced both Fitzgibbon and Clancy. If anyone else produced them they would be reffing our games.
I rate Lacey but the other two, Fitzgibbon in particular, are awful
Lacey started not great but has improved
Still wish more players would go into reffing
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:
it still would have been a red card I reckon, think they were checking had there been any serious foul play in the build up to it, POC's red card v Ospreys for precedent
I'm not questioning the card- I'm questioning the use of the TMO v's what the referee asked for.

Anyhoo, it's a shame Connacht are in Glasgow on Friday as I'd like to see them extend their winning streak. Nice, entertaining game would be good.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
I'm not questioning the card- I'm questioning the use of the TMO v's what the referee asked for.

Anyhoo, it's a shame Connacht are in Glasgow on Friday as I'd like to see them extend their winning streak. Nice, entertaining game would be good.
yeah either TMO ducked it or he interpreted it was there (further) serious foul play that led up to it
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

mikerob wrote:Ouch! Ospreys put 62 points and 9 tries past Embra.

Edinburgh were dreadful, they made us look like the lions of 74!

On that showing I have no idea how they managed to win in Munster.

Cardiff Blues and the Dragons have both been very poor in their last 2 games, the Blues have some tough games coming up as well and could well be 1 from 6 coming into the European games.

You can forget the drags reaching the HC spots, I'd say the top 4 will be the same as last year with us Connacht and the Scarlets fighting out the next 3 slots.

As a side note I'd like to say how well rhys webb dan biggar and jeff hassle are playing for us so far this season, not sure how well replace these guys when the test teams start calling
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Jaysus, he's some muppet.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Italian broadcaster finally sorted so hopefully more games on TV we can see or at least online
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:Italian broadcaster finally sorted so hopefully more games on TV we can see or at least online
I can't get TG4 which means an unavoidable trip to the Irish Centre and an evening of chyte beer and locals.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Italian broadcaster finally sorted so hopefully more games on TV we can see or at least online
I can't get TG4 which means an unavoidable trip to the Irish Centre and an evening of chyte beer and locals.
ah that Irish centre in Newcastle (Chinatoon) is lovely and in no way feels like a Frank McCourt book

doubt fristrowsports picks up too many tg4 feeds
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:
ah that Irish centre in Newcastle (Chinatoon) is lovely and in no way feels like a Frank McCourt book

Its the only game in town (with the volume down on the small tv in the corner) - except when they find some obscure soccer game then they stick that on :cry:

No lovers of Leinster rugby are they.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Its the only game in town (with the volume down on the small tv in the corner) - except when they find some obscure soccer game then they stick that on :cry:

No lovers of Leinster rugby are they.
only time I was there (watching Leinster) I managed to get into a row with someone over what age Tommy O'Donnell was, was very important to the guy
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Was that a metric that led Schmidt to ruin his professional rugby career or was that separate from the discussion?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:Was that a metric that led Schmidt to ruin his professional rugby career or was that separate from the discussion?
Ive a flight booked for March for when Ruddock starts ahead of POM, am also in training for that row
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

On a slightly related note, that reminds me of the David O'Doherty joke...

"I realise that age is just a number.....but it's also a very accurate barometer of how old someone is."
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Fairly shocking attendance at Thomond for the Munster v Ospreys game.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

for us to win league we need to finish 2nd or 3rd
4th is away to Glasgow for semi

reckon Glasgow will top it, but theyll have to move a final at least to somewhere bigger wont they?
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:for us to win league we need to finish 2nd or 3rd
4th is away to Glasgow for semi

reckon Glasgow will top it, but theyll have to move a final at least to somewhere bigger wont they?
Mocker gods I'm not counting any chickens.

But realistically we're aiming for a home semi. Capacity at scotstoun will be 15,000 for the 7s 2nd weekend in May. Not sure if a few extra thousand can be added- more to do with ground capacity than stands I think. Ibrox did surprisingly well for the commonwealth games but iirc the pitch is too small.

A long season to go yet!