Pro 12 - General Thread

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Pro 12 - General Thread

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Scarlets have 8 players in match-day Squad against Munster next Sat. We will possibly have 10 / 11 in Squad against France and Glasgow will have 11 or 12. These numbers would have been considered unthinkable a decade ago.
Just resurrecting this quote to remind everybody how strong is the Scarlets Squad which, like our own, is thriving once again during the 6N window. Having 8 in the Welsh match-day 23 and another three in the enlarged Welsh Squad, makes it very evident from where they are getting their confidence. Leo, Girv and Burt will need to treat this game every bit as seriously as the Ospreys (A) game, as it has the potential to upset a well-loaded applecart.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

BBC reporting WRFU close to finalising majority takeover of Dragons
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah jayses embra. :(
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote:Ah jayses embra. :(
They're just clueless going forward. Lots of hard work to get into a scoring position and then .......
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

The best defense against the most clueless attack. I bet dick cockbreath sorts that out.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Ah jayses embra. :(
theyve become our bete noir again
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

It's not much of a surprise they lost last night as they're fuppin' useless
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:It's not much of a surprise they lost last night as they're fuppin' useless
if they focsed on skills rather than intimidation tactics it might have helped them, but 6n hits them hard, and 6 years of building your squad around project players of varying degrees of of authenticity, the semi retired, guys that cant make the Glasgow team, and those that dont fancy learning French for more money all under outdated coaches will only get you so far
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe wrote:
cormac wrote:It's not much of a surprise they lost last night as they're fuppin' useless
if they focsed on skills rather than intimidation tactics it might have helped them, but 6n hits them hard, and 6 years of building your squad around project players of varying degrees of of authenticity, the semi retired, guys that cant make the Glasgow team, and those that dont fancy learning French for more money all under outdated coaches will only get you so far
How, pray tell, does the 6Nations hit them anywhere?!

But good lord they are difficult to watch.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
How, pray tell, does the 6Nations hit them anywhere?!

But good lord they are difficult to watch.
They lose a couple of players to it which they can ill afford to do
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Gavin Henson to Dragons on a two year deal.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:Gavin Henson to Dragons on a two year deal.
Henson will have now played for Llanelli (pre regions), Ospreys, Blues, London Welsh, Dragons, and Wales, Celtic Warriors only one he missed out on
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Henson will have now played for Llanelli (pre regions), Ospreys, Blues, London Welsh, Dragons, and Wales, Celtic Warriors only one he missed out on
I wonder is Zane working on his left hook and jab?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

domhnallj wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
I wonder is Zane working on his left hook and jab?
Sun tan.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

If I was a pro rugby player I'd have a break clause in my contract for "club employees Gavin Henson".
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

FLIP wrote:If I was a pro rugby player I'd have a break clause in my contract for "club employees Gavin Henson".
[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From Wales on-line
The Welsh Rugby Union will reveal the detail of their plans for an official takeover of the Newport Gwent Dragons on Wednesday afternoon.

WRU boss Martyn Phillips will publicly outline the union's stance for the first time, following months of behind the scenes negotiations with the Dragons.

We understand union bosses are excited about their proposals for the Rodney Parade outfit and feel it is a positive step forward for Welsh rugby.

The WRU are also in negotiations to help out Cardiff Blues over the re-development of the Arms Park.

Union chiefs believe they have a responsibility and duty of care for the whole of Welsh rugby and have acted after the Dragons failed in their bid to land fresh investment.
Welsh Rugby Union chairman Gareth Davies

Currently the WRU own 50 per cent of the Dragons, but are set for full control. They are also expected to take over the region's Rodney Parade ground.

Newport RFC and Newport County Football Club also play at the city centre venue and exact details of where they will play future matches should be outlined by Phillips tomorrow.

Newport RFC shareholders will need to give their backing for the sale of the team's historical home. There are around 1,000 shareholders and 75 per cent of them would have to vote in favour of the WRU's move.
ADVERTISEMENT

Supporters chiefs met with WRU chief executive Phillips and chairman Gareth Davies to express a number of concerns about selling their home
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

BIG THINGS happening in Wales. Just Dragons now!
Newport Gwent Dragons are to be called simply the Dragons as part of the takeover deal involving the Welsh Rugby Union.

Plans to drop 'Newport' and 'Gwent' from the title were confirmed by WRU boss Martyn Phillips, who spoke for the first time about proposals at a media briefing at the Principality Stadium on Wednesday afternnon.

Phillips was addressing the press following months of speculation suggesting the WRU could bail out the struggling region.

The WRU confirmed negotiations were at an advanced stage and spelt out the governing body's desire to make a success of things at Rodney Parade.

Asked about the name, Phillips said: "That’s one of the big emotive topics. Our sense is that this team will be called the Dragons.

“That’s not trying to set up Gwent against Newport or anything like that. We need to get over the name thing quickly.

“I totally get the connection of the various names involved. People understand Gwent has a team called the Dragons.

“We are regional rugby, we’re not super clubs."

He said of the takeover: "When you look at the deal the only real justification we can have is for rugby. We feel we have a responsibility to step in.

“This is for Gwent, we have 73 clubs there and we feel this is the right thing to do for the county."
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Another article mentioned investing in the pitch. Wonder if they will go 4G like Cardiff as 2 other club side share it.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

IanD wrote:Another article mentioned investing in the pitch. Wonder if they will go 4G like Cardiff as 2 other club side share it.
As things stand can't put in a 4G as one of the other sides is Newport County soccer side who aren't allowed to play on plastic surfaces. Of course if they move on - no problem.

In other news AWJ out for 6 weeks. Will miss the big game in 2 weeks.