Wasps Petition.

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Wasps Petition.

Post by footrush »

I know we have had our differences with them down through the years, particularly a certain B Wasp, however as an act of solidarity and in the spirit of Rugby I have decided to sign this , heres the link : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/394/130/ ... nd-london/ they are trying to get 3,000 signatures.
Flying wedge
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Wasps Petition.

Post by Logorrhea »

If they move it'll be for the good of the game I'm sure. They couldn't give a f8ck about Irish rugby and would have been happy to let us die if it earned them a few pounds more. Why should I give a f*ck about where their "owner" decides to take em?

My personal opinion of course, not shared by many, or representative of Leinster fans.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

footrush wrote:I know we have had our differences with them down through the years, particularly a certain B Wasp, however as an act of solidarity and in the spirit of Rugby I have decided to sign this , heres the link : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/394/130/ ... nd-london/ they are trying to get 3,000 signatures.
Yeah would agree with you. It's not their fault that the British Rugby Media became PRL lackys. Met many decent fans on our trips over there in '09 and '13. Signed.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

I feel sorry for the long term fans but if you sell out to money men, this is what can happen. Richmond learned this to their cost in the 90s.

I hope Beckenham Wasp can appreciate the irony of his team being fecked over by an Irishman (Derek Richardson, Wasps owner).

Not signed.
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

WTF has any of this got to do with us?

You think if Leinster were moving to Dundalk that any English Premiership fans would give a sh!t?

Beckenham Wasp and Co were all about survival of the fittest and cheering on the big money.

I won't be losing any sleep.

This thread is in the wrong forum anyway. Should be in the General Rugby forum.
The Bird is the Word
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wouldn't let BW's take on things sway your opinion on this. If we hated individual fans enough to allow a club be run into the ground then I'd be happy for Leinster to cease to exist in the morning.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ultra Vires wrote:WTF has any of this got to do with us?

You think if Leinster were moving to Dundalk that any English Premiership fans would give a sh!t?

Beckenham Wasp and Co were all about survival of the fittest and cheering on the big money.

I won't be losing any sleep.

This thread is in the wrong forum anyway. Should be in the General Rugby forum.
+1 I don't care what some money bags does with his play thing and it's the wrong forum.

I think some of you are missing the point though. These clubs are the serfs and if the owners can't do whatever they want then the unions(landlords - that includes Leinster btw) will win. Therefore f8ck everybody.

As an aside, I was thinking it beggars belief they couldn't come to some ground sharing agreements in London. But as someone said already on another thread, Saracens are loving this.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Logorrhea wrote:If they move it'll be for the good of the game I'm sure. They couldn't give a f8ck about Irish rugby and would have been happy to let us die if it earned them a few pounds more. Why should I give a f*ck about where their "owner" decides to take em?

My personal opinion of course, not shared by many, or representative of Leinster fans.
Your opinion, you'll be thrilled to learn, is shared my me.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mikerob wrote:I feel sorry for the long term fans but if you sell out to money men, this is what can happen. Richmond learned this to their cost in the 90s.

I hope Beckenham Wasp can appreciate the irony of his team being fecked over by an Irishman (Derek Richardson, Wasps owner).

Not signed.
*cough Denis *cough O'Brien *cough
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Peg Leg wrote:
mikerob wrote:I feel sorry for the long term fans but if you sell out to money men, this is what can happen. Richmond learned this to their cost in the 90s.

Not signed.
*cough Denis *cough O'Brien *cough
:lol:
Flying wedge
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Logorrhea wrote:If they move it'll be for the good of the game I'm sure. They couldn't give a f8ck about Irish rugby and would have been happy to let us die if it earned them a few pounds more. Why should I give a f*ck about where their "owner" decides to take em?

Have to agree - feel sorry for the diehard Wasps fans who are probably mostly in that general area, but with Saracens being based where they are that kind of rules out ground sharing with clubs in that area, then you have the not nots out in reading, Welsh in Oxford so it does seem to force them further north. Milton Keynes might have been an option but I think its too close to Saints who use that for their bigger games anyhow. So Coventry - Birmingham is close by so an area to target for potential fans so I guess they figure what they loose from London they can make up elsewhere.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Feel sorry for Pests fans and also Coventry RFC as this is bound to put pressure on numbers through the gate for them also. I know we all bitch at times about IRFU interference in the provinces but the more you see of AP and TOP14 the more you start to think we have it right in general.
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

Wasps could maybe have looked around for other ground share arrangements but experience in the AP seems to be that you've got to get your own ground if you want to have a future.

I wouldn't be that worried about Coventry RFC. If they are a strong community based club then they will survive. As an example, Coventry are in the same division as Richmond, Ealing and Rossyln Park. All of these clubs are within a few miles of Quins and still manage to do well because they are providing something different from a pro rugby team.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

footrush wrote:I know we have had our differences with them down through the years, particularly a certain B Wasp, however as an act of solidarity and in the spirit of Rugby I have decided to sign this , heres the link : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/394/130/ ... nd-london/ they are trying to get 3,000 signatures.
Thanks mod for moving this to the correct section for me, mea culpa :oops: .
Flying wedge
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Wasps are moving to Coventry in December, so our game away to them in January will be at the Ricoh Arena
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

cormac wrote:Wasps are moving to Coventry in December, so our game away to them in January will be at the Ricoh Arena
no problem getting a ticket for that, heck, we might even outnumber their fans.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's not exactly a nice venue. Can't say the idea of a weekend there appeals.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I've never been to Coventry but I used to know quite a few people from there. Their descriptions involved phrases like "bleak, soulless, bombed out shithole" or "urban decay" and "oh god, let's have another drink".

Whether that was accurate or not I obviously couldn't tell.

I disagree that the fans don't deserve our solidarity, frankly our failure as a country to understand solidarity is one of the sources of our misery, but I don't think we should be offering an opinion on a petition which is their (fans) business. Who are we to tell them what they think? Maybe the notion of a scoot up the motorway to Coventry appeals to a lot of people who want to support the Coventry Pests.

On a positive note I saw a facebook post from a mate this morning whose grandfather was actually a Wimbledon fan that AFC Wimbledon beat the MK Muties franchise.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

mikey wrote:

Have to agree - feel sorry for the diehard Wasps fans who are probably mostly in that general area, but with Saracens being based where they are that kind of rules out ground sharing with clubs in that area, then you have the not nots out in reading, Welsh in Oxford so it does seem to force them further north. Milton Keynes might have been an option but I think its too close to Saints who use that for their bigger games anyhow. So Coventry - Birmingham is close by so an area to target for potential fans so I guess they figure what they loose from London they can make up elsewhere.
Could have moved to Upton Park when West Ham moved to the Olympic Stadium. Ironically Wasps were in the mix regards the Olympic Stadium, but that idea was dropped when it was felt that the Community Rugby ethos that was being built up in the Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire area would be lost with a move to Stratford. Didn't think of that when they went into negotiations with the Coventry City Councillors.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Hornet wrote:
Could have moved to Upton Park when West Ham moved to the Olympic Stadium. Ironically Wasps were in the mix regards the Olympic Stadium, but that idea was dropped when it was felt that the Community Rugby ethos that was being built up in the Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire area would be lost with a move to Stratford. Didn't think of that when they went into negotiations with the Coventry City Councillors.
Suspect the wheeze of mooching off Coventry RFC and their sweat was more appealing.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation